1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy (Tiny Fairy) discussion Part 12

Dec 16, 2018

1. Bluefairy is coming for my wallet once again. TF Emilie will be up for preorder next week and aaaaaahhh it's so tempting. I'm even considering to have Emilie be my first 1/4 boy.

So I guess I got a week to convince myself to be reasonable *_*. But Emilie :D.

2. Hello everyone, I haven't posted in a very long time.
      I wanted to ask some history questions to anyone that remembers about the beginning of Blue fairy as a company.
      What prompted this was I recently acquired a Tinyfairy Jerome and Tinyfairy May
      both have been signed by Xiao and dated 2005 and Jerome is no.160 as well.

Can anyone tell me what year BF started?
      What is known about the numbered dolls,
      how many were there and which sculpts?
      any other interesting facts newer owners may not know?

Here are my new to me Tinyfairy Jerome and May boys

[​IMG]Tinyfairy Jerome and May boys signed by Xiao 2005 Jerome is also numbered 160 by Melissa, on Flickr

3. Awww did you see the aniversary fullsets?
      Mari looks sooo adorable :love. I love her.
      [​IMG]

4. Yes, she looks gorgeous. I'm in love with the dress, been looking for something like that for ages.
      I'm new to Blue Fairy, is there a way to get the outfit seperately? Or can you only get it with the full set?

5. At the moment they are only offering the dress as part of the fullset. But honestly I'd just ask them on their Q&A board if they'd sell you the dress on its own. They just might :).

6. She's so beautiful. I had the same thought about asking for just the dress. It's amazing :love

7. Well, BlueFairy is celebrating their 20th anniversary in 2023, so about 2003? Minoruworld said in their goodbye letter when they closed in 2012, merging with BlueFairy, they had enjoyed the past 10 years in the business,so I'd guess 2002 for them. The original Angel Region was also started in 2002 and used the same sculptor, so the old Angel Region Little Fair bodies are identical to the old BlueFairy Tiny Fairy bodies. (The larger Blue Fairy line did not start until after Angel Region was bought out by Soom and renamed Neo Angel Region.)

BlueFairy is usually good about answering questions on their website, so you might check with them.

8. Thank you for your response. I love to have all the information and am trying to collect early Little Fairs with the bf body as well.
      If Minoru World began before Bluefairy did they sell Bluefairy dolls before BF opened?
      I think I have one of the earliest Emilie versions with her name written inside the headcap and I now have 3 boys all singed by Xiao dated 2005 on the back of their head with my Jerome being number 160 as well. Do you know anything about this numbering system?

I did ask @bluefairyint.com here is my question and their response to me:

Hello Blue Fairy,
      I am curious of the history of Blue Fairy. Can you tell me what year did Blue fairy begin?
      I have acquired a Jerome with Xiao 2005 no.160 on the back of the head.
      How many numbered Jerome's were made?
      Were the other head sculpts signed and numbered in the beginning?
      I love Blue fairy,
      Thank you,
      Melissa

Hello, this is Blue Fairy
      Thank you for loving Blue Fairy
      Blue Fairy's birthday is January 25th, 2003
      The numbering was only done at the beginning of the release, so I don't know the sales after that
      I'm sorry I didn't give you an accurate answer
      Please continue to watch Blue Fairy
      Always be happy :)
      Blue Fairy

Here are some of some of my Bluefairy dolls in my year end wrap up picture
      Jerome, Denis and May boys are all signed by Xiao and dated 2005 with Jerome numbered 160
      and the Emilie with her name engraved in the headcap:

[​IMG]
      2022 Dolly Roundup
      by Melissa, on Flickr

9. Wow ! What an amazing photo!

10. Thank you :)

11. Took Neysha (TF May) out for a few pictures today and I am absolutely blown away by her body's posing capabilities. She's my only doll capable of holding a crouching pose on her own (without a stand) and to actually hold it.
      [​IMG]

12. Thank you for sharing your confussion over this because I too am baffled by what they're trying to say? It's almost as if they're implying that their doll sculpts will be discontinued after the monthly special. I doubt that's what actually is going on though.

13. I am baffled by the post as well :3nodding:

14. I read it so many times and I still have no idea.

I THINK maybe it means that if they say "final sale" that's discontinuing? Meaning Arthur from this month being listed as "final sale" may be being discontinued?

But goodness it's a confusing statement.

15. The announcement is... not clear.

I think they're saying:
      -The next time existing sculpts are released will be the last order for those sculpts
      -All upcoming new sculpts will be sold only one time

But I really can't say for sure based on the phrasing. It's a bit baffling to think that BF might be clearing out their lineup entirely over time? So maybe I'm just not understanding it. I hope they clarify before the next order period.

16. this is weird, they've already been running the monthly specials basically like this in the first place, but it's weird to pour that many resources into new sculpts basically every month at this point and then just discontinue them. no one has the money to keep up with that :X

17. Well I'm glad it wasn't just me! I probably read that notice 8 times trying to figure it out.

I wonder how popular some of the newer sculpts have been and maybe if they aren't, they are trying to focus on what sells?

Speaking of newer sculpts, I finished putting together my TF Celine. I swear I'll post a pic of her once I remember to take one :sigh

18. I don’t understand that message either.... but with the way the prices keep climbing, it won’t matter what the order system is like because it will be unaffordable even for savers like me. :eek:

19. From talking to artist doll makers- by which I mean individuals who make dolls themselves, with maybe one or two people to help with the business side, as opposed to larger companies like Luts- it seems that producing dolls in extremely limited batches at a high price point is financially the best move. It has something to do with recasting- the only way to fight against knowing that your doll will end up recasted and sold far cheaper is to produce the doll once at a high price. You're basically counting on the hype of that limited sale, then from there, you at least don't have to worry about maintaining the sculpts by yourself (a sculpt can only be cast so many times before you need a new mold) while people simply purchase from recasters instead.

Basically, there's no way to stop recasting, so the sales methods have to shift to whatever makes the most money with the least time and resource cost for the sculptor, which means releasing a few dolls at a high price and cutting maintenance costs. Larger companies can absorb this cost to a point, but smaller ones don't have the man power. Which really sucks for doll fans, as the sales methods favor people who have the money to keep up.

I'm also wondering if, with BF specifically, there are simply so many TF Mays/Olives/Louis existing that new sales for them are not worth maintaining the molds???? They've been making some of these sculpts since... What was it, 2003? Second hand online doll stores tend to have at least one TF at any time that costs 200USD or less.

It's frustrating for everyone, all around, but it's also, like... Reality for artists who want to stay in business :(