1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. Oh wow, she's stunning! Mine is blank, nude, wigless, and eyeless. I'm waiting on craft supplies to come in the mail to make her eyes and wig. I have no excuse for her nudity. I've been recovering from pneumonia. She is my biggest doll, but only by 3cm. She's not the heaviest though. My Volks boy is the heaviest. @LCMonkey92

2. Delurking after about 6 years to say OMG all the new sculpts!!! :love I think I need Rui....anyone else have one yet that they can spam pictures of for me?? I especially love her ears!!

3. Hello!
      I also am returning from a long hiatus—and funnily enough I have a Rui in tan on order, planning to make her into the D&D character I’ve played for over a year. I ordered her back in January, but with everything going on I’m not sure when she will arrive.

4. What’s her character like? I’m also in the process of turning my resinsoul girl into one of my DnD characters!

5. Is RS taking orders again? I'd emailed them to order a body for Qayin (custom colour and enlarged neck) back at the beginning of January and they asked me to wait to place the order due to the virus. I thought they were going to email me to let me know when I could order but perhaps I misunderstood?

6. :) They're taking orders again. I loved the big girl body I got so much that I had to order one of their Xun bodies for a head I have coming in. I think I ordered beginning of March.

7. Delphinium is a fighter. She is fiercely protective of her family and fellow party members and has a tendency to mouth off when she really shouldn’t. I think with the right faceup Rui has potential to look sassy. :)

I am also working on a RS Heng hybrid to be my other current character, a tiefling paladin. He has his horns but I’m still trying to figure out his tail...and armor.

8. She sounds so much like my cleric’s girlfriend! I have disaster of a shadar kai death cleric that I’m making on an RS body that I’m modding! I’m also working on a cambion Paladin so wow! Small world! No idea what I’m doing for wings/tail yet, but my system for leather armour, or studded leather/plate armour/even scale mail is to put a sheet of Saran Wrap over my doll, and make a wire armature of the piece of armour I need. I sculpt armour on that, out of Apoxie.

9. I haven't been getting notifications for this thread!
      @LCMonkey92 Your Rui is beautiful! She's definitely on my list now. Thank you soooo much for sharing her!

Eyyyy I'm also using a resinsoul for my dnd character! He's a tiefling zealot barbarian and is a Mu. I really need to finish his customization!! For his tail I've purchased some plastic jointed armature made for art dolls, and I'm hoping to find fabric close enough to his skin to cover it with. Then I'll attach it to his pants.

10. That sounds like a great idea! I might have to try something like that. I'm already using a tutorial to make wings out of an umbrella to make collapsible wings for my cambion, so that should be doable! What level is your Zealot?

11. @Chameleon Using an umbrella for wings is an inspired idea! Light and collapsible. And that armor sounds insanely awesome. I'm lucky my guy runs around half naked since I lack the crafting skills. I'd love to see some pictures!

He's level 10 as of yesterday! Can't wait for 14th level, then he truly becomes unkillable.

12. Unkillable. I wish. My group recently started a new campaign (Tyranny of Dragons) and I'm playing a Yuan-ti Pureblood warlock (Pact of the Tome, Great Old One Patron). We just levelled to 4 on Sunday and I now have an incredible 23HP *sigh*. I'm squishier than the cleric and the rogue. But I stand waaaay back from the fight (current range is 120' but I'll be boosting that to 300' at 5th lvl) and hit like a truck. Glass cannon for the win!

13. Thank you so much!!! I’ll be sure to post it when I make them (right now I'm just modding her) Beong unkillable sounds awesome! I’m always either the Dm or the team cleric, so I live in armour (and behind the tanks of my parties!) my death cleric is level 8 now, so she’s Okayish at not getting killed, and my aasimar life cleric is level 7, so she’s also doing okay. We might all get murdered by her sister one of these days but...

That’s what the warlock in the party I DM (curse of strahd) has to do the same! He’s a cambion pact of the fiend warlock, with a 14 page contract I wrote for the player when she wanted to renegotiate with her patron. I have to say, the eldrich blast damage has saved him a couple of times. IIRC that player was planning on making her boy out of one of the resinsoul sculpts cause he’s tall, blue and thin.

14. @Chameleon I knew going in I'd be squishy but damn, it still hurts when 1 hit from a regular enemy can easily wipe out half your HP. I actually died once last week (1/2 dragon lightening breath weapon, failed save, 30 points full damage *winces*) but that guy also killed 2 other party members before we managed to slay him.

All my guys are characters from the novels I write and I'm eager to get Qayin (BiDoll CS head) his body. He's going on a Mu body that RS is going to colour match and thicken the neck. Qayin needs to be a skinny drink of water and to have hooves. I need to send RS a sample though and with the spotty mail service at the moment, I think it might be wiser to wait a little *sigh*. I also don't want to get Qayin's head painted yet just in case there's a little adjustment necessary to the colour of the head/body.

15. Oof! My death cleric is high-con because she’s the only healer in a party of 7 and she had to deal with healing 5 wonderful gremlins and ignoring one rogue because they had a falling out. So far, the only person that died was her girlfriend (played by my girlfriend) who got revivified back up immediately. The party I DM tried very hard to tpk themselves in session 1 of curse of Strahd, when they were level 1 and thought fighting a 200-ish year old vampire was a good call. I had to deus ex machina them out.

holding off is probably a good call there. With CERB giving me an income again, I’m biting back the urge to buy bjd things, after dealing with the essential stuff. I suspect I’m going to end up curbside pickup-ing a dremel so I can mod the resinsoul body I have right now to fit my tiny cleric (5’0 is about 54 cm in my scale, with my tallest doll being 75 cm and ~7ft, which is what happens when your dad is Asmodeus and he’s 13 feet tall).

16. @Chameleon *waves to fellow Canuck* I was surprised to receive what I did from the government and hadn't realized that I was getting EI and CERB. I thought it was one or the other and thought the government messed up sending me more than I was supposed to get. First thought at seeing that in my account? "So should I order that body now?" I'm trying to be Responsible Adult but resin addiction in the form of dolls is hard to push aside. Or at least I'm finding it so.

My con isn't terrible (10 and we're playing 5e) but charisma is my main stat and what all my casting is based on so I've jacked that to 18 already. I may see if my DM will allow me to shift some ability points a bit since we just levelled and stopped playing for the day once we levelled. Taking a point from strength and maybe intelligence (I need wisdom as a secondary stat) to stuff into con wouldn't be a bad thing especially since I almost never use a weapon anyway. This is our first time out playing 5e. Last campaign was Starfinder and the one before that was Pathfinder so there's a bit of a learning curve going on with the rules for 5e since it's been almost 2 years since we played actual D&D.

17. I’ve only ever done 5e, and I played a mystic in a oneshot once who had 9 con and an ac of 11 because she couldn’t wear armour. She was level 7 and half my level 4 characters had more hp than her. My cleric is the least charismatic character I have, so she’s high wis, and somewhere in the middle for everything else. She also has no proficiency in religion, which means her fighter gf is actually better at religion rolls than her. She’s a weird one. I also have a bard with 20 charisma and terrible wis/int.

I broke down and bought a dremel, so my modding can go forward, but I’m trying to talk myself out of like 4 different bodies right now, for 4 different dolls. I’m planning on trying to add an extra joint to the 60cm resinsoul female body, like the Narae58 has, and shorten her by about 6cm.

18. I'm emerging from my lurking to share a pic of Chantal. She recently got a makeover as I adjusted this wig to fit her and changed her chest tatoo, then yesterday I made her a new outfit for spring. It may be snowing outside but I am ready for warm days lol.

[​IMG]

I like her so much that I'm tempted to order another one of the Bobobie dolls that seem to come on this body. Maybe Rachel in a fun resin color?

19. She’s gorgeous! Which of BBB’s bodies is that?

20. @Chameleon Thank you! I'm not sure what it's called but it's the one Pandora comes on by default.

Tags: