1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. Does anyone know what clothes fit the 72cm Yi body? Mine is not going to be here for a while, and i want to get clothes ahead of time. For example, would clothes for the LoongSoul 73 body fit him? Or maybe clothes for the SD17 Uncle? Thank you ahead of time!

2. Sorry I can't help much but I'm thinking the longsoul clothing would only work if it's not fitted. Resinsoul dolls tend to be slimmer than a lot of companies so you're probably better off finding something he can wear temporarily until you have him in hand to help you find just the right things based on measurements.

3. Anyone have a Cen yet? I really love that new guy. Today I sent RS an email about how much a custom one would be. I want a Cen with Long ears and completely in black resin. He's to be my character named Nullum whom is my homebrew DnD species I call a Void Elf. Originally was going to shell him as a Song with Jian ears but I like SD scale better. Then RS released Cen and I knew it was meant to be. :D

4. I've not seen owner pics yet so if you get your custom one please share pics.

5. Will do! They replied to me about how much he would be and the ear mod is a little more than I expected (an extra $60) so I currently don't have enough for him because of that but am trying to get that plus a little more to opt for extra jointed hands. Hoping to lace this order at the end of the month. :>

6. Good luck! Even being more than expected 60 really isn't bad for a company to completely alter a sculpt for customers.

7. True that! I probably wouldn't be able to find an artist to do a custom elf ear mod for $60 even. So the upcharge is more than worth it. Plus there's an upcharge for black resin, which I'm fine with. It's only $30. /side eyes DV for their $110 upcharge for black resin I'm really excited to finally be shelling this character properly though. I tried once before and it wasn't right so this time I'm gonna do a custom from RS like I should have done all along.

8. $60 is what they quoted me in late 2019 for a neck mod (made larger) on the Mu body and I think that's utterly reasonable. I haven't purchased it yet as just when I had the money together (the body would also be resin matched) Covid hit and put the world on hold. I'm hopeful that I can order it maybe around Xmas as a present to me but I'll have to see how well/poorly my wallet is doing then.

9. Wow so they didn't even raise their prices with covid. Here's hoping you can order your custom soon @Iron_Dog!

Also I'm officially getting a custom Cen. Black, blank, and with Long ears. A friend wanted to order too so it's a small group order with a 1/6 and some extra jointed hands. Doing a layaway as well. I'm so excited. :D

10. @Cap'n It would be awesome to be able to order Qayin's body this year. Poor boy has been a head in a box for several years now as other guys jump the que on him. Malachite (one of his husbands) is currently on his way home after being delayed since 2020 due to Covid and colour issues. His other husband, Ji-Sun, has been home for several years now so Qayin def needs his body to complete the thruple properly.

I may also be seeing if I can purchase just the Ming legs to do a hybrid with a Conarium boy and that'll up the total cost of my order which may be dicey to do. I've put my Ming body next to Sameer (Soom ID51) and while the body works for proportions, the head is too large next to the ID51. Given how outstanding RS typically is I'm hoping they'll allow me to purchase just the legs. Funny enough, this hybrid guy is the son of Qayin, Malachite and Ji-Sun.

11. @Iron_Dog
      Wow so many plans! Also I really love how Resinsoul let's people get crazy with their customs. Originally I was going to shell this character as a msd and do a pretty big custom request of one body torso with the arms and legs of another, then Jian head with Sui ears. I had emailed Resinsoul about it before and they were completely on board to do it. Kind of glad I never went with the 1/4 though. I much prefer 1/3 scale and already feel like I have too many 1/4.

My character has black skin and only wears white, light grey, and silver clothing. I've already 3D printed his headpiece and hope it will fit (otherwise I can tweak it). Normally I'd get the RS faceup because may as well for how inexpensive they are but I actually may leave my guy blank and only paint on a white line between his lips. His eyes are supposed be covered anyways (he's blind so white eyes under the head piece).

And might as well show some old art of him. This is Nullum Void, the Void Elf. A DnD homebrew species character I made a very long time ago. I'll most likely update his clothes but the style will be the same.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. @Cap'n I love their black resin! It's really lovely. I have a body in black for a hybrid. And I ADORE your boy's design!!!! I'd love to see him in doll form!!!!!!

@Iron_Dog They'll definitely let you just buy the legs. They let me just buy the Mu legs for a hybrid! They were around 60 bucks if I remember right. I'd have to check my emails.

13. @Thymeseer
      From what I've seen in pics of the black resin, it looks so nice! Do you have any pics of your body?

14. I have some ideas for a custom deertaur but I'm not sure when one will work it's way into my budget. I'm hoping to be able to have parts of it black and have a few changes made to the sculpt.

15. @Cap'n Your boy is adorable. I have 2 black coloured dolls (1 dyed, 1 black resin) and neither of them have face-ups nor will they ever. To be honest, people never notice that they don't have faces painted on them. Funny to me that you mention that your boy is a Void Elf as Dakvir (dyed Doll-Love God-Enjoy boy) is known as the Void by his people and he's both hated and feared because of what he is. He has a void inside him and he can manipulate it to affect others (which is why they fear him). He's also discovered that he can manipulate natural voids as well although that's not a widely shared secret. Currently, Dak is the only known Void and the only Void to have made it to adulthood in nearly a thousand years (they're automatically killed shortly after birth because they're so hated and feared).

@Thymeseer That's great news about the legs for my planned hybrid. My wallet is shaking it's fist at you and wailing about the pain to come.

I'm glad to not have any plans in the works for any other RS boys as the fact that they do black resin is so wildly tempting to me because my huge weakness is coloured resin. I was toying with the idea of maybe getting a pair of translucent grey hands for Rhas-Khan (ID51 Gluino) but it's not an absolute must have.

16. Weather was nice today if a bit windy so I took Marjorie to my brother's pumpkin patch for a mini photo shoot and I'm quite happy with how this one turned out.
      [​IMG]

17. I paid off my Cen custom today! Doing a group order with friends but I'm the only one who ended up getting a full doll. Others are getting jointed hands and their part will be a short layaway. I also opted for jointed hands and the female 1/3 heeled feet. RS said they don't offer male jointed feet but if I don't mind them being a bit small then the female ones can work. I really want to get Nullum heeled boots so smaller feet shouldn't be a problem. Means I can shop for female 1/3 shoes. Anyone have any recommendations for what shoes fit the female 1/3 heeled feet?

Resinsoul said 50 days so hopefully January. :chibi

18. I just finished my first ever bjd hand blushing and manicure for Marjorie and I am so happy with the results. Pictures just don't do it justice.
      [​IMG]

19. A close friend has a french manicure with acrylic nails, which looks exactly like what you did on Marjorie. In other words, you did an excellent job. :thumbup

20. Thank you so much. I've been able to finagle sealing work here or there and I've really been enjoying painting my dolls and doing new things and with Marjorie's manicure I accomplished both. :)

Tags: