1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 12!!

Oct 29, 2023

1. Thanks everyone for the compliments.

@blueboy57 I think a lot of these non functional mobility joints are really a casting decision. I wonder if it's easier to break the legs into two parts and/or it uses less resin to cast since they can make it hollow easier. My dolls with all one piece upper legs tend to be heavier with smaller string channels. Though then why they don't bother to actually turn them into mobility joints? Your dolls sound awesome, post pictures when you can!

I looooooove the new boys! Definitely on my horribly long and ever growing wishlist. A grey Que maybe...and @SugarPineapple she's such a beauty! And while she may be an odd hybrid, it's a lovely combination! :love

I repainted my Elena, who really reminds me of a 1/3 size Mei without elf ears. Same slight wonk to her eyes, I think. She still looks melancholy (now it's part of her character) and all my art related endeavors have not turned out right, but I'm content for now. Now that I've painted her, she's mine. Her eyebrows and eyelashes would not come off completely no matter how/with what chemical I scrubbed. Weird for a company face up, but she is pretty old and was in rougher shape when I got her.

[​IMG]IMG_20240720_205811421_PORTRAIT by Thymeseer, on Flickr

2. Ohhh she looks beautiful!!

3. Can someone with the newer Cen body and the bigger boy body (this one) tell me how tall they each are without heads? I'm thinking of asking them for a custom body kind of mashing aspects of them, but i'm trying to guesstimate about how tall to request it.

4. I saw @Thymeseer's Qian, who looks awesome in that blue.

Does anyone else have Qian? :eusa_pray

5. If that's the Yang body, I measured mine at 62cm without head. For the Cen body, 50cm. I could be a little off, but not by much

I have one in grey :D
      [​IMG]
      Some more photos on my blog
      He's a beautiful sculpt, I'm so glad I ran to get one almost the moment he was released:love

#105 Tagath, Sep 9, 2024
      Last edited: Sep 9, 2024
    6. I love how you styled him!

But omg those ears. And that nose :D
      Would you happen to have a side profile pic?

7. My guy has arrived! I'll try and embed some pics, but there's more here: Imgur: The magic of the Internet (warning for doll nudity)

[​IMG]

I'm a newbie to dolls so it's gonna take me a while to style him, but even naked and wigless I absolutely love him :love
      The shipping was super quick with DHL, and the doll itself looks so much like the reference I sent them. They even airbrushed the transitional fur to skin on the torso just like the picture, bless them.

He has a custom goat tail, they did a really great job with it! The magnet it attaches with is riiight up between his butt cheeks... but once it's attached it makes a nice silhouette and looks fluffy :whee:

[​IMG]

8. @lambshank he's GORGEOUS!!!!! His little tail is sooo cute! And the ears! Congratulations on your new arrival. Is he a modified Cen?

9. Thank you, I'm so happy with him!
      Yes he is mostly Cen, the ears are similar to Ruoxi's and the legs are Mu's :3nodding:

10. OK, wow. That is an amazing custom! Resinsoul did that?

11. oooh he's so cute!!!

12. Oh i just looked through the album- they even made a blank head too?!!

13. Yes, they did all of it! I coloured the reference picture to show how I thought it would look on a "real" satyr, and asked them to make it look as natural as possible. I was expecting them to do a more simple/straight gradient honestly, so really happy with how they did it!
      The blank head was an extra $65, totally worth it! So I can try out doing his faceup without worrying about ruining the doll :sweat

14. He looks so great! I'm really impressed with everything I've heard about Resinsoul's custom orders

15. I painted my Pandora! She brings me a lot of joy especially now that she has eyebrows. :)

I need to take proper, well lit shots of my dolls.

[​IMG]IMG_20240915_161246753 by Thymeseer, on Flickr

16. Stunning. STUNNING. I love her. :love

17. @Thymeseer : She is GORGEOUS! I love your color choices~ And those lips are perfection!