1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie Feedback (ALL)

Sep 20, 2007

1. * Ordered Through? Direct from BBB's BJDollMall
      * What did you order? BBB Ariel with a RS Rong body.
      * When did you order? Jan 7, 2011
      * How was the communication? Excellent. I made a special order, and Dennis got it right, and answered questions whenever I had them. :)
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? About five-six weeks, though there was Lunar New Year in the middle of it. xD
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. ^^
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep. :)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yep! Very happy they got my order right even though it was a special request. :)

2. What is the general length of time it takes for BBB to arrive?

3. * What did you order?
      March-Light Tan

* When did you order?
      4/16/2011

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or
      dealer?
      I bought her at Denver Doll Emporium's store.

* How was the communication?
      Not necessary as I bought her at the store the same day I discovered her.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Cash at the store, so...

* How long did it take to ship?
      Again, at a store...

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I love her. I would have to say yes.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      I hadn't seen the sale pictures, but looking back I think she looks much better.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very. My only problems are her loose stringing/jerkiness, which I know I can fix easily, and her hands not quite fitting in some of the clothing I've wanted her to wear. I'll mod her w/ s-hooks over the summer, though, so no problems really there either. Overall, I LOVE her.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I was.

* Would you order from this company again?
      Probably. I'm not sure whether I would direct or through DDE, after hearing many mixed things about ordering direct. But I have my eye on Mei...

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Possibly, if they were in good shape and the price was right.

4. * Ordered Through? Bobobie Doll Mall

* What did you order? White Skin Bei hands and feet

* When did you order? May 26th , 2011

* How was the communication? They answered my e-mails promptly and they got my order right.

* How easy was it to pay? They sent an invoice and I payed using paypal. So very easy.

* How long did it take to ship? So the order was placed on May 26, About a month after that (June 23) I sent and e-mail asking how where things going and they told me they would ship my things early the next week. The next week came and left and I had yet to receive any shipping info. SO I sent another e-mail asking again about how things where going (on July 7th) This time they responded me by giving me my tracking number and telling me things had been shipped the day before. So it took about 6 weeks to ship and 7 weeks in total to get to me.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I only paid $20 for hands and feet plus the $10 for the shipping ($30 in total for everything), and the hands and feet are lovely and delicate so I do think the price was worth it.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? There was no sales picture since it was a special request, but they did look like the hands and feet of my current Bei so I will answer with: they did look as I expected them to.

* Were you satisfied with the product? I was satisfied with the product. A little worried about the shipping, laughing at the ridiculous amount of stamps they used to mail the box and a bit panicked when I moved the box and felt the things moving inside. I found the packaging was done quite badly since the hands and feet where all inside a little plastic bag surrounded with a bit of styrofoam that did nothing to maintain them "safe" from shifting and movement. But at the end of the day everything was safe, pretty and definately what I wanted.

My insatisfaction was with their packaging so it is kinda pointless, they can't really do anything now.

I'm thinking about it. There are a few sculpts I wouldn't mind ordering.

Definitively. Since I already have. ^^

5. * What did you order?
      Lucky in Light Tan
      * When did you order?
      August 24
      Helpful and efficient. I got tracking number as soon as it was shipped.
      Very easy. The only hassle was Paypal's fault.
      Aug 24-Oct 19. Pretty reasonable.
      The pricing is perfect! The resin is so soft and the sculpts are lovely.
      It looks even better in person. The sales pictures aren't too good.
      Yes! I love everything about it! Even down to the loose stringing that Bobobie is notorious for. AND, I even recieved a little bonus gift; a cute pair of shoes for my new girl. So that was nice.
      I was satisfied.
      Probably not, only because there's no other sculpts I want. Maybe if in the future they release more tinies.
      I don't really like second-hand, but I don't see why not.

6. * What did you order?
      BBB Apollo in NS w/ default faceup
      * When did you order?
      February 2, 2012
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Bobobie site
      somewhat slow. I never received a reply for my first email. But then towards when my doll was shipped, communication was more fluid. Posting on the Q&A on the BBB site is faster.
      paypal
      shipped on March 19th, arrived March 20th through DHL express
      yes
      I wish they had more sales pictures but yes
      yes
      N/A
      I don't know...organization could use some work. Same day that my doll arrived, I received an email from BBB with another tracking number but obviously not my order (I already received my tracking number and my doll was already labeled out for delivery)? Also that I should contact fedex cause there was something wrong with my address. I feel bad for whoever is not getting their doll...?
      sure

7. What did you order?
      RS Mu WS No Faceup

When did you order?
      21st October 2012

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from Bobobie

How was the communication?
      Great, Dennis was very helpful and prompt in replying to emails.

How easy was it to pay?
      Super easy, Paypal

How long did it take to ship?
      Shipped on 26th of November 2012. So just over a month.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, Definitely.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, Mu had quite extensive sales pictures compared with many of the other dolls.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Most definitely. Posing was a bit of a nightmare at first (The fact this is my first BJD didn't help), but I knew this so I had new elastic and some silicone rings which made the arms fantastic. His legs have a really nice locking system for straight and bent positions. The only ongoing issue is his torso is a little floppy and his midsection likes to pop out when I'm posing him, currently investigating options to fix this (Looser string? Tighter string? Resorting to super gluing the midsection to the hip piece?). Other than that he's been great, I don't even need a wig cap for him as the horn magnets hold the wig on.

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, in fact I have placed a second order for a WS Yao with Mei head for my partner, who wasn't all that interested in BJDs until Mu arrived.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes I would consider it, although I would rather order through the company.

8. *Ordered Through? Directly through Bobobie Site

*What did you order? Dark Tan Bobobie 60cm male body with 70cm ResinSoul hands and Dong head

*When did you order? March 2013 (layaway paid off March 21, they said they'd start making him when I first ordered March 14)

*How was the communication? Before I paid, it took less than 2 days. Took 2-3 weeks between most responses after I paid and when I received a damaged doll.

*How easy was it to pay? Confusing at first because I had a special order, but after asking what to do, it was very easy to just send the money through paypal

*How long did it take to ship? About a month, I assume. I never received a tracking number, the doll just showed up, so I don't know how long he was in transit.

*Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Not at all! My doll arrived poorly packaged, with a broken headcap and missing finger. The finger was not in the box, meaning it was shipped damaged. The posing was poor, but I expected that. He was better after being restrung and sueded, but I have owned cheaper dolls that posed better than him. The resin color was very nice, however, and he had no seams.

*Did the item look like the sales pictures? No. The body and hands did, but the head didn't look like pictures, his nose looks much pointier in real life.

*Were you satisfied with the product? Not at all, and I sold him at a loss within a month of receiving him.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I emailed them the day he arrived. I got no response, so two weeks later, I filed a paypal claim for a partial refund. It took another 4 days before they replied and asked me to cancel the claim and they would send a new headcap within one week. I waited over 2 months from the date I received the doll to get the new headcap. They promised a wig, then a free gift to make up for the damage, but neither was included when I opened the box. I consider it STILL unresolved, but I've dropped it because I'm tired of dealing with it.

NEVER. The packaging was poor, the doll was damaged, the customer service was horrendous, as well as the fact that I was told over and over the replacement piece would be shipped "in one week" for 2 months.

no. This incident has ruined any chance of me wanting another Bobobie, I'm sorry to say.

9. *Ordered Through?
      Junkyspot

*What did you order?
      60 cm Apollo in NS

*When did you order?
      February

*How was the communication?
      It was great! Very easy and painless.

*How easy was it to pay?
      Super easy with Paypal.

*How long did it take to ship?
      The doll shipped the next day, since Junkyspot is a US based dealer, and I got him about a week later with tracking and everything.

*Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I love my Apollo however I had to restring him within the first hour of opening the box. He was so loose but I think he was well worth it. I love his sculpt in general. :)

*Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      No! The website did him no justice! He looks MUCH better in person!

*Were you satisfied with the product?
      Oh yes.

I already have... :D

It depends on what condition the doll is in.

10. Ordered through? Directly from Bobobie
      What did you order? Tiny Chocolate in Dark Tan with factory face up
      When did you order? December 11, 2013
      How was the communication? Good at first. Since it was a special color I emailed to see if it was possible to order. Dennis emailed back within a day with price, and sent an invoice right away when I said I would like to order. After that, though, none of my email was answered. I was sent an email and tracking number when the order was ready.
      How easy was it to pay? Easy - invoice through paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? Almost three months.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. I think their tiny dolls are very much worth the price, and their face ups are very nice for the price.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. The dark tan looks a little darker in the picture, but I am fine with it.
      Were you satisfied with the product? 100% and I received a gift wig.
      Would you order from this company again? Probably, now that I know what to expect. I just need to be patient and not expect updates.

11. * Ordered Through? Direct from Bobobie

* What did you order?
      BBB Sprite head on RS Wu body (green resin)

* When did you order? 15 December 2013

Communication from this company is absolutely horrible.

I first contacted Bobobie about ordering this doll in November 2013. I posted a couple of questions on Bobobie's Q&A on their web site, but received no reply from Bobobie on my questions (although some other members replied to it). Incidentally, it appears that Bobobie has not replied to any questions on their Q&A since November 2013...well over 5 months ago.

On 21 November 2013, I emailed Bobobie about ordering this doll. I did not receive a reply to my email until 2 December 2013, eleven days later. All they could offer me was "sorry for the late reply." I placed my order and I noticed that Bobobie was extremely prompt in telling me that they had my money. In their confirmation email, they advised me that I could "reply to this email if you have any questions" regarding my order.

On 22 January 2014, I wrote to Bobobie with a question about my order. I received no reply. In fact, I wrote to them four times between 22 January and 9 February with the same question. I didn't receive a reply to any of these emails.

I hope all of you can appreciate how frustrated and anxious this was making me. I had no idea why they were so slow in responding to all my emails dating back to November and why they hadn't replied to the January-February batch. It was making me a little crazy that I'd given money to these people and they'd gone silent with no explanation.

On 11 February 2014, in utter and total frustration, I wrote an email detailing my dissatisfaction with the way they handle communications from customers. I made sure to tell them that I was not complaining about the wait time; I understand there is always a wait time, and with the Lunar New Year holiday I expected the wait to be longer. The problem was, I had asked a very simple question and did not understand why they had not responded at all, even prior to the Lunar New Year Holiday. I also stated that I did not understand why it had taken them so long to reply to me back in November and why they never answer their Q&A. I suggested that I would like to file a PayPal claim on the transaction, but that the limitation period had unfortunately run out, so I said that I would consider other means of recourse if they did not reply.

Not surprisingly, the next day I did receive a reply. Again I was told "Sorry for late reply" and they advised me that they had not replied before because they were "out of the office." They suggested my order might be shipped in 10 days.

Now, before anyone assumes I'm a touchy and completely unreasonable person, let me just say that I fully appreciate the fact of the Lunar New Year holiday happening around that time. It was entirely believable that they were out of the office. My problem wasn't the fact that they were away. My problem was with the fact that nobody knew how long they were supposed to be away and nobody was notified that emails would not be answered. In my experience, most companies will post a notice saying when their holidays are and giving customers an idea of what to expect in terms of communication during holidays. I am not an unreasonable person. I don't expect replies to my emails within the hour and I don't expect people not to take holidays. What I expect from a business who takes my money is that they will respond to my emails in a timely manner (2-3 days) and, if they can't, they'll give their customers some indication as to why they can't. To me, that's just professional and courteous.

I contacted the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre ("CAFC") for some advice only regarding this situation. The agent I spoke to at CAFC was very helpful and advised that I should email Bobobie on the 10th day and remind them that they said they'd ship my order by then.

On 24 February 2014, which was actually the 12th day instead of the 10th day, I emailed Bobobie for a status update. The reply I received was "sorry for the delay."

My package was finally shipped via EMS on 26 February 2014. I received it on 8 March 2014.

In Bobobie's shipping notice email, they asked me to notify them if there were any problems. Well, the problems I discovered when my doll arrived were that the packaging was extremely poor; just the doll box wrapped in plastic and no bubble wrap or padding inside the box except the little "mittens" over the doll's hands and the ubiquitous Bobobie "sleeping bag". The box was mangled on one end and I was quite frankly surprised that my doll was not severely damaged. My doll was, however, strung incorrectly. His left knee and lower leg were strung onto his right thigh and vice-versa. This rendered him totally incapable of standing on his own, and I now have to disassemble and restring him. His torso joint is an extremely poor fit with the hip piece. I reported these issues to Bobobie and included pictures but, predictably, I have received no reply. I can restring this doll myself and I advised them that I didn't expect them to do anything except be mindful of quality control like this in future.

Easy via PayPal

I received it on 8 March 2014.

No

It looked better in person, but that's not saying much considering this site's sales photos are quite poor.

Yes and no. I'm happy with the doll itself, but I'm not happy with the state in which he arrived and I'm not happy that I have to restring him just so he can stand up.

No. Never again.

12. * What did you order?
      Girl Ai, White skin, with Face-up.
      * When did you order?
      March 14th, 2014.
      It's very difficult to receive a reply for any email inquiry. I did send three emails asking about how long does it usually take for them to make the doll because it was not listed on their website. They did reply on my third email and advised of an approximate shipping date for my order. As advised my order was shipped exactly when they said so. So at least I'm pretty satisfied with that. Though I can't imagine how horrible it must be when you need to contact them regarding issues with one's doll (arriving damaged or with some other problem). So at least they do need to work on their communication response timing.
      Very easy, through Paypal.
      It took a month and two weeks to ship. My doll shipped on Friday, May 2nd, 2014 and arrived on Monday, May 5th, 2014.
      Though some people should take note that they should keep track of their order through their website as they might not send you a shipping notice email. I knew that my doll shipped because I logged in to verify my order status. Had I not done so I would've never known that my doll shipped in the first place.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      No, nothing was missing. They actually added a wig (which I was not expecting).
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      No problems at all.
      Yes, I certainly will.

13. I haven't made an order through Bobobie, but I have tried contacting them through email, three times now. I'm very frustrated that they have not responded, even though the first email was back in February. I didn't even remember sending it until I searched through my email to see if I had missed a response. The second email was sent a few days ago, as was the third. I love these dolls, but I have been very upset with my lack of communication and I don't know if I want to order from them now.

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this because I haven't ordered, but I hope so.

14. * What did you order?
      SONG an PI

* When did you order?
      Around may 2014

Before paying Dennis answered very quickly. After that I didn't hear from him for a month and then I send him a message as the approx waiting time was one month. It took me over a week to get an answer and I was really worried. I have to say that he had very bad communication. I asked for EMS shipping and got yes as answer but it came via DHL.

It was easy but I had some problems making the order as their webpage had some problems. So in the end I made my order via email as Dennis contacted me saying that he had lost all the order details.

A little over a month.

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      Yes. Song's eyes hadn't been seemed and posing is really bad. Also as bobobie has such a poorly images and info about the body I was surprised to se already glued in magnet in Pi's body. Also the magnets for the wings are very "weak" and can't hold the wings trough fabric. Also the tail is too long and PI can't stand while wearing it.

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      I haven't gotten any reply from Dennis and I don't even bother anymore because he clearly doesn't want to answer.

Not sure, probably not.

15. * What did you order?
      1X Normal Skin 70cm Long with faceup
      1X Dark Chocolate tan 70cm Long with faceup
      Charisma grasping hands in Light Tan

* When did you order?
      The end of March?

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      From the company's doll mall website, but I was having issues as I had a discount code, so eventually I ended up just e-mailing what I wanted to Dennis and he sent me an invoice.

Excellent, Dennis responded within a few days every time, and though I was paying my order off over a few months Dennis even e-mailed me to let me know that my order was finished and ready to ship after my payments were finished.

Very easy, I divided up the total into four equal parts, and paid monthly through Paypal.

After my final payment the dolls arrived within about two weeks. Very quick.

Yes very much so, all seams have been beautifully sanded, unlike many of the more expensive company's dolls I've bought, and the price of the faceups is ridiculously cheap for the lovely faceups they do. $10 for a great faceup compared to $60 for a similar thing from many other companies is just great value whatever way you look at it.

Yes but as always they actually look much better than the very basic sales pictures. Also the company faceups are beautifully done very sympathetic and natural.

For the most part, though the Chocolate Tan Long had one of the tips of his elf ear broken and a big scratch across his faceup where someone had obviously slipped with the sander while sanding his seams.
      There was also a really pretty free wig included which is really nice.

I e-mailed Dennis about the problem with the Chocolate Tan Long and he is sending a replacement head, so no problem's there.

Absolutely! I allready have my eye on another doll from them.

Probably depending on condition. I have before but some people tend to be a little rough with Bobobie dolls, or do experimental mods on them, so I'd be a bit cautious.
      Also it's just so easy to buy directly from the company, and the second hand prices don't seem to be much cheaper than the original new price, so I'd probably just lean toward buying directly from the company.
      I have bought from Bobobie directly a few times now, and I know exactly what I will be getting when I order from them, plus I can pay things off on layaway with the company and not have to negotiate about the terms.

16. * Ordered Through? Direct from Bobobie's website
      * What did you order? BBB Charisma girl in sky blue with the demon head.
      * When did you order? February 5th, 2015
      * How was the communication? Terrible. They never responded to my emails or messages.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, they take Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? A doll arrived roughly three months later, though it wasn't the one I ordered.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, they make good dolls for the price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? They sent me the wrong doll, so no.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Not at all, they sent me the wrong doll.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They did not solve the problem at all. After months of them not responding to my messages, they sent the wrong doll. I told them it was the wrong doll by email as soon as I opened it. They still wouldn't reply. After all that terrible customer service, I opened a dispute on the transaction with Paypal, which finally got them to respond. They offered me a $39.20 refund on $196 worth of wrong doll and 10% off my next purchase from them, then proceeded to argue that they sent the right color even though I ordered sky blue and the doll I got was the perfect shade of gray to make a Homestuck Troll. Apparently their quality control finds that to be an acceptable variance to be attributed to hand-blending the color. After the way they treated me as a customer, there will not be a next purchase from them.
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely not. I like the dolls, but the service was terrible. I will make any future Bobobie purchases through my preferred doll dealer.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, if the doll was in good shape. I love the dolls, the service was just atrocious.

17. Thank you so much for selling him to me!