1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      Girl Ai, White skin, with face up.

* When did you order?
      March 14th, 2014

Considering that these dolls are pretty inexpensive, the quality is very nice. It does not have any seam lines, it's surface is very smooth and the body is nicely detailed.
      The face up might be considered simple and plain by many but I really like the small details, especially the eyelashes. The face sculpt is really nice, so if you know how to do your own face-ups you can really make these dolls even more beautiful. The hooved legs are really nice, they ave two joints and the doll poses great with the upper joint bended while the lower one remains straight. I haven't tried with both bended or just the lower one bended, yet. The doll poses beautifully.

Bobobie has very poor sales pictures, so you really can't appreciate the doll very much. It looks very nicely in person, in fact I believe they look even better than the sales pictures.

Yes, I am.

Positives
      • Good resin quality.
      • Face up is simple, yet pretty.
      • Face sculpt is really nice. If you know how to make your own face-ups then you will be able to turn them into even more beautiful dolls.
      • Very good posing (though some people comment that they are poorly strung which can affect poseability, but mine came strung very nicely. Not too tight nor too loose.)
      • Came with a very nice wig (which I was not expecting).

Negatives
      • None so far.

For now, definitively!

3. What did you order?
      Bobobie Espree in Light Tan on Mature Body, with a faceup.

When did you order?
      Ordered February 27th 2015.
      Shipped April 27th 2015.
      Arrived May 1st 2015.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I paid an additional $10 USD for a faceup. What I received was simple & plain making it easy to mix and match to various looks. I was impressed that Bobobie put such detail into the work- darker lipstain was chosen to match the tanned skin, the blushing on the cheeks isn't too heavy or light, flawless eyebrows, tiny bottom lashes added to the eyes. Everything is just lovely. There was only one flaw to the faceup I could find; the eyeshadow on the left eye being darker with slight smudging. For $10, I couldn't purchase the supplies myself for that price, I am very satisfied with the quality for what I paid.

Including shipping, my order came to a total of $187 USD. There is little negative to mention. The sculpt is very cute and flexible. I love the creamy milk coffee colour of the light tan. Resin has a nice sturdy feel with no seam or sand lines. The body both poses and dresses well, all she required was a quick tighten to hold a stable stand. After handling this doll for several months I am confident in the sturdiness of the build. I really cannot complain! Great bang for my buck.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Bobobie has poor sales photos on their site. The doll looks much better in person. Owner photos are more accurate point of reference for what BBB sculpts look like.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      For the quality & price; yes. The sculpt is darling, the body is sturdy and holds poses. Dennis was nothing but pleasant to do business with. The negatives are so little and nitpicky, there is no major complaints about this doll. I am very satisfied with my doll!

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)

Positives
      • Faceup was more than I expected for the price
      • Well built, sturdy design
      • Resin has a nice feel & look
      • Gorgeous shade of tan
      • Low price point
      • Comes with a travel pillow
      • Received a free pair of shoes & eyes despite ordering outside the event period- this was a great surprise!

Negatives

• Stringing arrived loose, required tightening
      • Eyes required repositioning
      • Light smudging on left eye makeup
      • Bad sales photos on website
      Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes :thumbup Great service, cute doll, and my wallet was happy too!

[​IMG]
      What she looked like out of the box.

4. * What did you order? Bobobie Apollo 1/3 boy in natural skin
      * When did you order? ordered from Denver Doll Emporium on Feb 18th. The doll I ordered was in stock. It shipped on Feb 19th and arrived Feb 23rd. Pretty fast, considering that included a weekend.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely. As others have stated in this thread, Bobobie quality is much better in person than it appears in their stock photos. The hands are especially beautiful. Very gracefully shaped. He has a very sweet face, which is why I chose him.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Much better
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I ordered the default faceup, because I'd seen pictures of the default faceup on this site and elsewhere, and thought it was very subtle and well done, so I was kind of surprised when the doll arrived and the default faceup was heavier in the eye liner. He has dark eye liner around his eyes, which I don't care for. I will probably have his face redone in the future. But for only $10 you can't expect perfection. Overall I am very happy with my doll. He is very sweet and cuddly looking, which is what I wanted. He will need to be restrung however, because he arrived loosely strung which is expected. Not a problem.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Apollo is exactly the kind of doll I like. He has a sweet face and looks as though he would have a gentle nature. I don't like extreme looking dolls (demons, animorphs etc) and all my dolls are dressed like normal teenagers. My other dolls are mostly from 5 Star (bought through DDE), and the Apollo fits in with them nicely.
      As for negatives, the only thing is I wish is that I'd known I could order him with the Gang body, which is a little more realistic. Apollo's legs and arms are a bit wide where they attach to the ankles and wrists. But with clothing, those don't show. However I would have had to order him from Bobobie direct to get the Gang body, and I prefer to order from a US distributor in order to save on postage.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes! I already have a list of future Bobobie dolls on my wish list. And I will definitely buy from DDE again. Most of my dolls have come through them.

5. * What did you order? Bobobie Lotus in natural skin. 50 cm.
      * When did you order? April 2015
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes she was a beautiful doll and sculpt.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? There where no good photos of her at all. So I bought her hoping for the best as my first big bjd.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Well yes and no. She was a great experience and she was delicate and beautiful. But I learned that my bjd doll preference is double joints, which she doesn't have.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product. She was a nice doll, beautiful sculpt. Negative about the single joints and the fact that there where zero good info or pictures of her.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes or Resinsoul is what I am looking at now for a new doll.

Photos on my Flickr ( I can't get the photos right on this page :/ )

Bjd Bobobie Lotus 50 cm

6. * What did you order?
      Bobobie Sprite Girl (Junkyspot says 43cm now, but when I ordered it said 42cm)
      * When did you order?
      My dad ordered her around November 2016, as a Christmas gift for me, probably so I'd hush about wanting a BJD so bad xD I don't know when exactly she arrived.
      I don't have another BJD to compare her to, but I find the quality great, and much better than what some reviews stated.
      Well, yes. Junkyspot's stock photos show fleshtone skin, while Bobobie's show white skin (except they have a different faceup, which is not that of the factory.) But mostly she matched.
      Yes, I find her an amazing first doll, and she was about the lowest price i could get for a legitimate MSD (I actually did not know about recasts at the time of ordering her, so thank god she's the one I chose...)
      Pros: I love the ears. After having all dolls with human ears, this is a nice change.
      She came with amazing blue eyes(!!)
      She seems to have a resistance to stains (Though i won't test that...)
      She came strung much better than i expected, being tight enough to hold a standing pose but still able to move well.
      Cons: She has a 3-part body, which isn't an issue to me, but the lower joint lacks any way to hold in place. So it's constantly popping out. It's tolerable, just frustrating.
      The lips barely had any paint, so she looked even more lifeless than the white skin already made her. But that was an easy fix.
      If I see a doll i really want, maybe. Nothing against them- I just want to have other dolls first. Overall, I love her, and have to recommend Bobobie (and Resinsoul, with their similarities) as a starter company.