1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie/Resinsoul Pixiu and Pi Fantasy Dragon Discussion part 2

Oct 14, 2012

1. My Pi finally got his human legs and feet! Does this make him technically Xu now?? Although his dragon legs look longer they are actually about the same length. The knee joints of the two types of legs are not compatible - you can't just change the legs from the knee down. If you swap just the feet, the human foot looks small in the ankle hole and the dragon foot sits on the very end and is a bit wobbly but okay.

[​IMG]

2. Hello friends! I have a Pixiu that I will be getting back from a Faceup artist in a week or two [if time/shipping permits, haha!] but I have a question on how to find clothes for a Pixiu with all of their dragon bits. It's been an incredibly hard task, more so considering the extent of what he's got going on with his new look.

3. I have Pi who's more or less the same! He is a tricky one to find clothes for! I did find that Ken and wider legged Barbie stuff would fit if you take his feet off. The yo-sd stuff I've got tends to be big around the waist but the Impldoll baby outfit I got fits great thanks to the elasticated waist.

This is his wardrobe. He's got his human legs on atm but those dungarees do fit if you take his dragon feet off to get them on. The long dungarees are Barbie, the kigu is a phone sock from Claire's, the fur leather jacket is Bratz boyz loose on them, tight on him, the green hoodie, jacket and tees are Liv, again a bit tight and require hand removal, the brown cape and shorts are Impldoll, the jeans are Alice's Collections, the jumper and kimono are yo-sd outfits I got second hand, the other shirts are Ken, I like the fit of the Fashionista stuff best. The camouflage trousers may be action man.

[​IMG]

His butt magnet is strong and will work through clothing but topless is best for the wings. Good luck!

4. That does help a bit, though because of how painted my doll is [I still have yet to get my cutie back yet from the artist I sent him out to, but soon! <3] I might have to make my own clothes for him!

5. That is a nice wardrobe for your little guy, [MENTION=67684]rubydoll[/MENTION]. My son has a Pi and I'm always checking places for Ken shorts outfits. I didn't realize the wide leg Barbie items would fit, so that is nice to know. My son isn't much for changing his clothes since he will not take the feet off for himself. I am thinking of commissioning a kirigumi for his Pi, as that could be really cute!

6. Thanks :) I think as they're dungarees, they're designed to be loose on Barbie and that's why they work for him. Taking feet off is a little daunting, I'm fairly used to it but I still have times when something slips and I wince! Kigus are adorable so if you do commission one, be sure to post pics!

7. I just got my Pi back, he's all painted and ready to be re-strung! First time re-stringing too, so I'm a little nervous. I'll post more pics when he's all strung up though!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. Photodynamic~ O.O that's awesome... like... wow...

9. Whoa!!! I've never seen a blushing like that before. Woo-hoo!

10. I ended up managing to re-string him after 2 hours, and several hours later put in a new pair of eyes! Can't wait to go out to get some fabric for him.
      [​IMG]

11. Oh wow, he looks fab! Those eyes are a stunning contrast to the body art. Looking forward to seeing what you do with him next - hope you're not going to cover up too much of him with clothing! That sounds wrong...! I mean it'll be great to see what sort of an outfit you create!

12. I'll just be doing a couple simple garments, something like what you usually see older deities walking about in. Loincloths, a shawl, a hooded scarf thing.

13. This doll is on my list of "dolls to buy in future" because they're cute, relatively inexpensive, and they're DRAGONS!!

Keep those cute photos coming--the more colors I see, the easier it'll be to pick one.

14. miss my little dragon...someday I may go back and get another..until then its always nice to come back to this thread every once in a while.

15. Just got a blue Pixiu.

>_< aside from the desperate need to sueding (or something. he's a floppy mess), I like him.

I haven't decided on what wig I want for him. But I'm naming him Almace and doing his face-up and body brushing with like hexagon glitter for "scales"

16. Glitter for scales sounds awesome! I hope you share the results!

17. Yeah, I'll definitely share. Right now I'm waiting for the supplies to come.

In the meanwhile, I got rid of the nakedness.... I can't decide what color wig I wanna do. I either want dark blue or light blue..... or maybe a mix of the two... but then if I do a double color wig, will I mix fibers or do an ombre wig? So many decisions!

Tightening the stringing helped a lot, but he's still kind of annoying to pose. I guess I will do sueding too.

I haven't decided what clothing style I want to do with this fellow. But I do wanna sew a more proper corset type deal. >_> the skirt is just a circle of spandex with a hole in it. I need to find more fabrics that drape well at such a small size. I'm more used to sewing for 1/3 and 70cm lately and I don't wanna bother with pants because I hate removing parts for dressing.

[​IMG]

18. Zekarmisama:

Old T-shirts tend to have good drape for Yo-sized dolls; so do bits of jersey-knit, and even quilting cotton for small pieces.
      Just don't use anything thick (like trouser-weight denim) and you should be OK. (Thinking of possibly deconstructing an old denim shirt, since it's thin enough to look good as dolly jeans of varying sizes.)

19. zekarmisama~ I made Hakama pants for my Sui bodied boy and they came out great, and I don't have to take parts off... I mean... I wanted the poofy kind so I have to tie them on at his feet inside the pants and then pull them up over the bows but it worked out great... Y'know... for ideas....

20. Ah, I hadn't thought about that. I'll try sewing hakama for occasions I feel like putting him in pants.