1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie/Resinsoul Pixiu and Pi Fantasy Dragon Discussion part 2

Oct 14, 2012

1. Ah! Good to know! XD Thanks muchly! ^_^

Yea...thankfully I didn't ask for any special changes or anything on my order, just straight up white skin with default face-up, so hopefully that'll help move things a LIL faster :D

2. Loving everyone's pics! It's amazing how many different looks suit these little dragons. I've tried several faceups and even tho none were very good my Pi still looked adorable. Here's his latest look if the pic works!
      [​IMG]

3. [MENTION=67684]rubydoll[/MENTION] - Great pic! These little guys are so cool! Hands down my fav fantasy sculpt!

One thing I forgot until a little while ago. I didn't get a shipping notice, nothing. One day I just had the pickup card in my mailbox.

4. I'm currently in exchange studies abroad; I don't have my Pixiu or other dolls with me and it warms my heart to see pictures of all your dolls. The little dragons are such a cuties with their round, soft-looking faces! >w<

5. Hello to everyone!

I've got my Pixiu only about a month ago, so his\her image is not complete yet, but I'm slowly organising everithing.

I'd like to ask for advice: what wigs are suitable for Pixiu? I know the size is 5-6 inch, but may be you could point me in the direction of the websites which have good assortment of wigs of this size?
      I'm totally at a loss, 'cause I'm looking for something not too girl-ish\boy-ish but in between and of the "fantasy" colors (not your natural blond\brunett\black); ideally, light violet, lavender or purple mix to go with Pixiu's skin color.

Thank you in advance!

And here is my Cheevaree (aka Pixiu):
      [​IMG]Cheevaree_pirate-style_001 by ellia385, on Flickr
      You can find more at my flickr. ;)

6. [MENTION=65172]ellia-bronsky[/MENTION], For My Doll will probably do the trick for you! I don't have a Pi/xiu yet (it'll happen!), but I've got a wig from them for my Bao and it's an excellent fit for him. Plus they have a huge selection of styles and colors; you should be able to find something to suit your awesome-looking dragon there!

7. Thank you. Although, I've already gone through all the obvious places like ForMyDoll, Marcia, ACBJD etc. I'm hoping that Aliexpress searching will do the trick.:)

8. I might suggest eBay for beginner wigs. They are not expensive, lots of choices and most of the sellers respond quickly. This way, you don't have to spend as much money trying different ones. I have found it's really hard to find the right wig by just buying one. Also, your MP access will happen with experience using the forum and there's always wigs listed there.

9. @mollym
      Thanks, I've already tried ebay with no lack (may be I'm just wrong with search phrases)). Although, can't say that I'm totally new to all this searching 'the right doll-product", just new to this particular doll-format and this particular doll-company :roll:

10. I'm actually pretty surprised you couldn't find something you like on FMD; in case you weren't aware of it, any of the "in stock" type wigs can be customized to any size and color from what they offer, so there's more choices than it actually looks like on their site.

11. I usually search both 'bjd wig 5/6' or 'yosd wig' and look through them. You can also wait a bit and check the MP. Someone might even be able to make you one. Also, check the Workshop section and maybe you can find some instruction to make one yourself. Fabric shops usually sell the fur material you can make a fur wig or several with very little of that fur material.

12. I have a Pixiu and I have both made him wig and got one made for him (he was a difficult doll to wig because of the style/colour he demanded not the actual wig size). Making a wig isn't very hard as long as you have some basic sewing skills and the amount of fur required for these guys isn't much either.

13. @vicemage
      Thanks for the tip, I actually didn't know of that one :roll:
      @mollym @Iron_Dog
      I've tried to avoid ordering custom made wig or doing it myself, but I suspect that is what I finally come to do). Thanks for your tips, too.

14. [MENTION=65172]ellia-bronsky[/MENTION] - I am getting ready to experiment with making a fur wig. I only bought 1/4 yard of this fur material to try. I have enough to try at least 12 times. So, I hope with a few tries, I should be able to get one that is decent enough for my tiny to use! I will keep you all updated how it goes. It might not happen in the next few days but it doesn't take many supplies, so that is good!

The dark brown wig I made myself. I made a pattern based on an old wig. It was really, really easy. I have no sewing confidence but it turned out great! Also, my son and I took our tinies out to the park today. His Pi is named Juvin. They are good buddies when Pip is behaving himself.
      [​IMG][/URL]DSCN0131 by missviolette_22, on Flickr[/IMG]

#174 mollym, Mar 12, 2015
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
    15. SO many cute dragons!!! ^,^

WELL! Got my boy in! YAYS!!! XD So it took ALMOST 3 months and I did get a shipping notice via email...and of COURSE he arrived the day after I went out of town for a weekend long and then some art event! XD LOL yea...just my luck! But I opened him as soon as I got home yesterday and OMG THE CUTENESS!!!! LOVE his portable size!!! ^,^

Meet Percival (Percy for short)! ^_^ <3

[​IMG]

My only thing was was that his face-up was paler than expected and he didn't come with the gold eyelid lining :( ...BUT! Silver lining! Because I'm an artist to start with, I've gold paint I can use and add it to the existing face-up since NO gloss was used at all on him...and I can add more colour where I'd like it as well and THEN add the gloss, as I prefer the shiny lips and around the eyes to make them more 'wet' and 'realistic-ish'...and of course, because the tail, wings, feet, claws and nails weren't done either...I can add my own touches there as well...so yea...not completely disappointed...and again...silver lining! :D

In which case, that means I'll need to pick up some iridescent/pearl paints today at work for all of that XD

Also...again, silver lining...just happy he has a face-up, even though light, to tide him over until I've time to add to it...which won't be until after the next few comic conventions have come and gone, as I'll be busy prepping for those XD LOL...though he WILL be coming along with me to those in the meantime, cause he's too cute NOT to come! Will just have to see about finding some clothes to tide him over with until I've also time to sew him some cute outfits XDehee

He'll actually be modeled after one of my characters...or at least a younger version:
      [​IMG]

So I'll be on the lookout for blue eyes and a purple/blue wig to match ^_^ <3

And speaking which...I read here that wig sizes 5/6 are good for Pixiu...but what size eyes? I think I read 10-12mm are good? I like the size that Pixiu comes with, which I THINK is more than likely 12mm? Anyone help me on that please? ^_^

Thank you! ^,^ <3

OH! And a final pic before I jet off to retail land (BLARG! what I wouldn't give to be working on comic work for a big publishing company again!!! ;O;) here's a lil comparison shot for those thinking of getting a Pi/Pixiu and are wondering about size comparison to a MSD...keeping in mind that this is an Ai Doll/Custom House Junior Ren at 35cm compared to Pixiu which is 27cm ^_^
      [​IMG]

And of COURSE there HAS to be a cat in the photo as well! Can't have a BJD box opening pic without one! XD LOL

16. Congrats on your new little dragon Bettina Marie! Glad there's a silver (or gold?) lining in that now you'll be able to personalise his faceup. Looking forward to seeing him turn into your character.

I have Pi who has a different head to Pixiu but I put 14mm eyes in him because I like how the bigger irises look. Here he is trying on some shoes in anticipation of getting the human legs and feet I ordered for him (so that he could wear cute shoes! Surprisingly he can get into Ken trousers even with his dragon legs if you take his feet off. )

[​IMG]

17. [MENTION=6671]Bettina Marie[/MENTION] - So cute!!! Congrats on your new resin baby, Percy!!!! My son's Pi came with 10mm eyes and I replaced them with the cat/dragon eyes also in 10mm low dome acrylics from Mimiwoo. Ken clothes fit fine but Juvin wears Ken shorts that fasten with Velcro in the back so we open the back fly to accommodate his tail.
      [MENTION=67684]rubydoll[/MENTION] - Your little guy looks so happy in his brand new shoes. What pieces did you order so he could have human legs? My son has asked me for human legs for Juvin but I an unsure what parts to request. Also, does he now take yosd shoes?

18. MollyM, in that pic I just popped the boots on the end of his dragon legs so I hope they fit his real feet when they arrive! He didn't want to let go of those shoes so I ended up leaving him holding them after I'd put his feet back on.

I ordered Xu's legs and feet as Pi and Xu are the same except for the legs and that big butt magnet! I emailed Resinsoul directly and Sun seemed very on the ball as I requested Xu's hands as well, and she pointed out Pi and Xu have the same hands which confused me as I'd forgotten my Pi has Pixiu's hands.

But anyway it was $35 for the legs and feet and $10 for the hands, plus shipping. If you email Resinsoul directly, Sun is very helpful. Xu has 4cm feet and the shoes are 4.5cm on the inside but I couldn't tell you if that's typical Yo-sd size. I'd guess probably [emoji5]️

19. [MENTION=67684]rubydoll[/MENTION] - Okay, thanks that is very helpful! Yes 4.5cm shoes are typical yosd size shoes so that creates many options for shoes on these guys with the regular human feet.

My son and I would love to see more owner pics!

20. Glad I could help! My Pi is getting more attention now I'm finding more clothes he can wear. He's looking forward to pretending to be a real boy... [emoji6]

And ditto, more owner pics please! Especially of Pi, he's such a cutie he deserves more love!