1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BuddyDoll Feedback (2010)

Jun 12, 2010

1. BuddyDoll Feedback 2010

Feedback for BuddyDoll

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order?
      A Daniel whiteskin with default faceup (though this is a rather special case, which I will explain later).

* When did you order?
      6-7-10

FABULOUS. I cannot stress enough how wonderful their customer service is.

Very simple, just a Paypal transaction and that was the end of it.

It arrived on 6-12-10, so 5 days.

Absolutely. He's not the highest quality and he has yellowed a bit, but Buddydoll explained this to me before I bought him and gave me a significant ($200) discount because of it. I think it's perfectly fair.

He IS the item in the sales pictures, so yes. :D

Very. More than that, I am incredibly pleased with BuddyDoll for how far out of their way they went for me.

Story time! I left a question on their Q&A board about Daniel, who was sold out. I asked them if they were ever going to recast him. They promptly answered that they didn't plan to... but that they still had the Daniel they used for the original photoshoots available if I wanted him. :D They offered him to me at a significant discount since he wasn't the highest quality and since he was a little old.

BuddyDoll has, hands-down, the BEST customer service I have ever seen - not only in a doll company, but in ANY company. They went so far out of their way for me that I am just blown away. I cannot promote this company enough!!!

Yes. Absolutely. :D

Yes, though I would prefer to deal with them directly.

3. * What did you order?
      1. M-Buddy Teo
      2. replacement hands (after I knocked him over and broke a couple of his fingers), boots
      * When did you order?
      1. Feb 18, 2010
      2. May 6, 2010
      Quickly within a day or two.

Easy through Paypal.

1. About 39 days for the doll with faceup, which is just 2 days above the approximated days listed in their site, but that was fine.
      2. 6 days after the order was made (even though they said it would take about 2 weeks ^^ )
      Yes! Their dolls are lovely and very well made.

Somewhat. I found the faceup very intense in person, although if it was lightened a bit then he definitely would be doppelganger of the Teo in the pictures.

Yes, very satisfied.

I was satisfied. I can't say enough about how awesome this company is. Teo got knocked down and broke a couple of fingers on his right hand and I saw that their extra hands were sold out, so I asked at their Q&A whether there was any chance I could purchase a replacement pair, and lo! they made a special page for me so I can get them. I'm really happy with their service.

Definitely.

It depends if I can't find what I'm looking for in their site.

4. * What did you order?
      Mars NS head without faceup
      * When did you order?
      Excellent. They answer questions in a day.
      Very easy, via Paypal.
      5 days
      Yes, great head with low price.
      Exactly the same!
      Yes, I'm fully satisfied!
      Yes. All is perfect: beautiful dolls and heads, reasonable prices, nice communication. The deal was simple and pleasant.
      Possibly.

5. * What did you order?

First order: Raphael NS Semi-Elf with a custom face-up, boots, and two wigs.

Second order: Blank Mars NS head, and a shirt.

* When did you order?

First order: June 11, 2010

Second order: August 1, 2010

They answered my first question within the 24 hour period that their website mentions, but after that, I always had to wait two days or so. Otherwise, I would say it was very good.

Very easy.

It took so long for them to create my first order that, by the time I wrote to them about it, they offered to combine shipping for the two separate orders. They shipped together on August 11, 2010 and arrived on August 17th.

Yes. Very much so.

Well, on the whole, yes. But there was one very big exception (see below).

The wigs, shirt, and blank head were all great. I was impressed.

The boots (which they don't seem to sell any more) really have to be patiently but violently hammered at in order to fit over the heel, but once they are on, they look quite stupendous.

However, I don't think the head and body for my first order were very new. I found small (easily fixed) scratches on the neck, there was pretty much none of the smell that goes with fresh resin, and-- this was the worst part-- the custom face-up that I had requested for the Raphael semi-elf head looked nothing at all like the picture and description that I sent them. I could tell they had changed the face-up from the default, vaguely in the direction that I had asked-- but I did not like the final result. The eye-brows were much lower and flatter in shape than what I had indicated, and there was very little colour on the upper lip.

I haven't contacted them about it. They took so long to ship my first order, that I don't have the patience to let them deal with what bothered me most.

Nonetheless, there were some pretty cool things that they did: first of all, they gave me the custom face-up (no matter how unsatisfactory) for the same price as a default one. Then, (I think, to even out the shipping difference, because my orders wound up being combined) they also sent me two pairs of gorgeous glass eyes in a lovely gift box.

Yes, but I don't think I would order another custom face-up.

If they were reasonably priced and in good condition, definitely.

-Edit-

I was fairly disappointed with the face-up when I wrote the above review. Now that I have had my Raphael and Mars head for a number of months, I can say with confidence that they are awesome.

Both of the heads and the body are sculpted beautifully. The body came strung tightly, remains so, and poses very well. Also, I have since learned that not dolls come out of their boxes fuming resin gas like my first doll. I therefore think that I was wrong to doubt the relative newness of the items; from my own experience and from what I've heard, BD has been a reliable company. I adore the doll and extra head that they sent me.