1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BuddyDoll Revamped - 70cm guys

Jun 9, 2009

1. I am wondering what you think of the BuddyDoll Revamped 70cm guys?
      Does anyone have one? What are the good features of them?
      What ever you wish to include to the positive is fine. How do they pose? What are the sculpts like? Do the bodies have nice definition? This is not to turn into anything negative here-just opinion of the dolls themselves.
      Thanks!

2. Haha, all I've ever heard about Buddydoll boys were great^^ At least I love mine :D

But here are some threads you may find interesting:

a thread about Mars and Mercury - with some pictures: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166270&highlight=buddy+doll
      a short one about the revamped site: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263571&highlight=buddydoll
      about the three new guys: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284621&highlight=buddydoll
      this is a longer one that contains mainly drooling about Raphael: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276557&highlight=buddydoll

And the most useful of them all (I think) - the Buddydoll Waiting Room: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208773&page=21

About the sculpts: My Mars is beautifully sculpted, he looks even better than on the pictures. He has very detailed features and his faceup is extremely beautiful. The body is also nicely sculpted, it has nice muscles but he's not too butch. Looks wider from the front, but he's actually very slim (except for his thighs...I had a pair of Dollshe shorts that didn't go through his thighs :lol:). The hands are very pretty and delicate...actually I was a bit surprised that he has smaller hands than my 60cm Leeke L boy, but I don't mind :sweat From what I've seen on others' photos the other Buddydoll boys are equally detailed and nicely sculpted.

About the posing: I think they pose very good - I love my boy's arms, he can hold them up almost everyway I want and the double joint works great there. His hand also have a great range of motion and he can easily touch his own lips^^

The rotating thigh joint is also useful, though I haven't managed to make him pull his legs up when wearing trousers...yet (I'm working on it, really...he can do it without trousers, it's just hard to move that joint through a layer of fabric :lol:) But he can sit suwarikko (though it looks pretty undignified for an adult male XD) and he can cross his legs.

The knees aren't double jointed. They are pretty usual and work like they should - I've hot glue sueded him so he can take some poses with one knee bended. He also stands like a rock - at our latest meet he weathered some table-shaking and blowing wind without budging^^

The torso joints also work nicely, though my boy is a bit 'snappy'. He likes to snap back to his original 'straight back' position, but with a bit of careful posing he can hold a good slouch. And his favourite torso-pose is bending sideways - he does it so well and looks so pretty that I always find myself twisting his upper torso joint around :lol:

Hmm...sorry for the novel...I hope you find it useful :sweat

3. I totally agree with Smaug! I love my BuddyDoll!

I have a Mars Tough, and I think he's great! I would gladly buy another BuddyDoll, and probably will.

4. thank you very much, Smaug and Rabbit-moon for telling me this.
      Smaug, you took a lot of time and carefully mapped out what I needed to know. I appreciate that very much. I love their pictures! I think it will be my next saving up for.