1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buyers remorse; when does it happen and what does it mean?

Jul 2, 2005

1. Ok, I'm wondering if I'm alone here. I just recently ordered the Shiwoo Vampire head and I can already feel myself not boding with it. Now I want to cancel my order and see about getting a Kid Delf Ani. Then again I might feel bad for cancelling my order in the long run. Please help me. ;o;

2. I'd at least wait until he comes - if in fact you don't bond with him, I'm sure there's someone here who'd love to give him a loving home.

3. Well, if the head isn't even home yet, give it some time. :3 I bought my first doll, Too, and the minute I realized he was essentially bought and paid for, but not home, I was basically thinking '...oh dammit.'. I wasn't sure if Too was right for me, and now that he has been home for a few months, I'm very pleased with Ashling and love the hell out of him. Wait for the head, give him a chance, and see if it's what you wanted. :3 If not, you can resell him here on the board to someone who will love him, and buy your Ani. Who knows?

I myself am interested in the Shiwoo Vampire head, so if you end up waiting for him to come home, take lots of pictures! :3

4. I sometimes start to get that when I order a doll, wondering if another would have been better, but then I just tell myself: "If I liked this doll enough to save up for it and buy it, I'll like it plenty when it gets here." And that's always worked for me :D

5. A similiar thing happened when I ordered my latest doll. I made a rash decision on selling her even before she got here! Her getting lost in the mail strangely got me attached to her even before she arrived. When she did, I was so relieved that she got here safely and also I saw that her custom makeup was done exactly as I asked; I quickly found myself eating my words. I no longer have any desire to let go of her :D

And as a owner of a Dreaming Shiwoo Vampire, I have to say he is very beautiful and I would find it hard to resist him so give the guy a chance to steal your heart in person before you cancel your order :wink:

6. It depends how hard this doll is to get in the future. I sold my first anais before I got her as I changed my mind on her but already ordered her. When she arrived I was blown away by her but it was too late as I had already excepted payment and didn't want to let down the buyer. SO I had to wait for a long time till I found another Anais II and had to pay more for her as I had sold her for her actual price and by then her resell had gone up.

It can pay to wait and see if you think you can sell it for the same price you paid.

7. Thanks everyone~!

One thing is, is that I'm coming from a smoking home so that immediately lowers the value if we don't bond >_@

MissMerrythe3rd: See the thing is, the money I was using to buy his head was actually my Ani fund money and on the spur of the moment I bought the head. So that may be another reason why I don't think we'd bond. (side note, your dolls rock)

TreeLore: Thanks, that gives me a good feeling<3 I know I'll be able to get the head in the future, it may take some waiting for restock, but it will be back.

I think...I'm going to get Ani and worry about a Vampire later, thanks so much for everyone helping me in my decision.

(side note: I really need to learn to make up my mind one of these days)

8. Many times we can't make up our mind till we have commited to something! strange but thats how it works for some people. This is why a few have the runaway bride problem hee hee

9. Buyers Remorse?

When you ordered your doll(s), did you get Buyer's remorse after? After recently ordering my first doll I had some regretted remorse over what I ordered. Now I have gotten over it, and my doll is on it's way! n_~ But did you have remorse? And has anyone had enough remorse to even make them cancel/change their order?

Please excuse me if something along these lines has already been posted.

10. I did experience buyer's remorse after buying my Soom Beryl. I put her on a long layaway from the company, then halfway through the layaway I had a very bad financial month. Multiple unexpected things happened within a couple of weeks, and it cut down my savings almost entirely. At that point, I felt awful about spending so much money on a doll and seriously considered canceling my layaway even though I wouldn't be able to get back the payments I'd already sent.

Now, a year later I'm very happy I continued the layaway because Izzy is one of my favorite dolls and is irreplaceable to me. I gradually built my savings back up, but I wouldn't have been able to buy one at secondhand cost.

In the end... with these dolls it's lucky that most of the time you could at least sell the doll after it arrives and get your money back if you do experience buyer's remorse. ^_^

11. That's one of the things that makes waiting on a doll hard, I think - those moments of uncertainty, the 'zomg, what did I just do?' when you see the dint in your bank account but do not yet have the doll in hand.

Have faith! Whether impulse buy or long-thot-out purchase, wait to see the doll and give it some time to grow on you. Is it the Little Fee Ante you're waiting on? In that case, I think you'll find when it's in your hands, you'll be delighted - they are lovely dolls and I wish I had one making its way to me too!

12. yes I do think I had a moment of buyer's remorse after I putt in the order for my Dollshe Saint, he was:
      1. My first doll.
      2. A big buy with a price over $600+
      3. A really big size that I had never seen in real life.

Those three things made me rethink the order quite a lot. but on the other hand, i ordered him after Tensiya (the company that back then sold the dolls for Dollshe) had gone out of buisness, and I was just able to nab one of the last 2 Saints that luts was selling.

So no matter how strong the buyer's remorse became I knew that if I gave up my order I was giving my dream doll up for ever (at least the old version) and I just wanted him somuch that I could not let myself lose him. so I kept my order and am still very happy with my first boy who is never going anywhere anymore.

13. Yes~ Thank goodness I only had a shot of it, I am very excited for my first doll to arrive now! n_n

14. I'm only 14 so I saved up around 600 or so dollars of my own money to buy two of these dolls. (I only paid for half on one, and the other was in the cheaper category). 600 bucks to a 14 year old is A LOT of money. My biggest fear right now is that he'll come with something wrong with him, or I just won't like him. But other than that, I have absolutely no remorse. Even though it's pretty much every dime I've earned for the past two years, I still have no regrets buying him. That's because I know that I'll love him, even if he arrives with a crack or chip or something. It's so worth it, and there's really no looking back once you've paid. :)

15. I'm not sure if I had buyers remorse when I ordered my first doll a week ago. I did, however, get a huge spurt of anxiety! Like "Oh my god, what did I just do?" I got a mixture of excitement and anxiety that actually made me throw up. Of course, I do have stomach issues, and I've been known to do that if I get too worked up about something.

But yeah...I think I had buyer's anxiety? XD

Anyway, I'm pretty much over it now. I'm more excited than anxious!

And congrats on your first doll! I'm currently waiting for my first too! As I said before! :]

16. It's normal to be nervous about your first doll--especially since a lot of people don't see bjds in person prior to ordering.

When I ordered my first doll I was very excited, but also a little anxious having had no in person experiences with bjds. When he arrived, he was far more beautiful than he was in the picture. Now having been in the hobby for awhile, I know that the money is worth it to me and I have a good idea about what I like and don't like and what sculpts will work for certain characters of mine. I don't regret the money that I've spent, because they give me so much enjoyment.

17. My first one was the only time i really experienced any remorse/paranoia about something going wrong. My first doll was a 70cm hybrid project with the intent of making a fully custom doll. I was worried about his size (I'm small) but loved it immediately, and worried about the head sculpt because I just couldn't figure out why I was so in love with it. I still don't know why I love Namus so much, but I do and the doll has worked out beautifully.
      Oddly I placed the order for my Jina head while i was waiting for the first guy and never had a doubt or drop of remorse. Once I talked myself into getting my Bory it was the same.

I do feel pathetic about giving in to the latest MD order though. :P

18. Some of these dolls are so expensive that I can understand having buyer's remorse about them. But I have never had that with the BJDs but I have several older dolls, porcelains, and vinyls that I certainly wished I hadn't purchased. I could sell them for such a small % of their original cost, and they take up of lots of space so I sometimes just bite the bullet and sell them anyhow. It does upset me but I can't change the economy.

Some of them I have decided to just keep until the economy improves or as long as I can feel comfortable storing them. I've been trying to not buy more new ones than I sell or give away. Must get the collection thinned. I have learned to become far more selective in my choices of dolls.

19. I had HUGE buyers remorse I jumped into the hobby with both feet and hands over my eyes. I ordered my first BJD without knowing much about them and when I waited over five weeks for him to arrive and it was agony I started worrying I had spent money on the wrong doll and I was going to hate him. I thought maybe I should have have gotten an SD instead of an MSD and I wouldn't like his size or because I got a female head on a male body he wouldn't look right, or that his eyes would be too big......It was so bad that I even had a possible buyer in case I didn't want him when he arrived I was convinced I was going to hate him and I just wanted to get what I paid out of him.....it was horrible....
      but the second I opened his box....*shakes head* I knew I was being a huge huge idiot because he is wonderful and I can't imagine having any other doll now he is exactly what I hoped he would be he is perfect to me LOL

I think remorse and worry is part of the game....some people love the high after ordering but for me and a lot of others I have heard of there is really no high after ordering it is this huge angst worry fest and the high comes after the doll arrives....So hang on and when it gets to you it will all be worth it

20. SD13 Mimi. I purchased her because SD10 Mimi wasn't in stock. I tried hard to convince myself that I loved her and was bonding with her, but I only liked her when I physically looked at her, other than that I didn't really like her/feel satisfied.

It's different now that I have my SD10Mimi, I love her all the time.