1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Things For A Doll You Don't Have.

Jun 24, 2011

1. Oh WOW. I am so guilty of this.
      I have been buying clothes for a future tiny for the past few months. T ^ T
      I don't even know if I will ever find her, but if I ever do, she'll have a magnificent wardrobe. I think it's worse sometimes to have tinies, since the cute clothing is so cheap! Too bad it stacks up...
      I even bought eyes for her. Noooo~ I can't help myself!

2. Dude I started buying my doll's clothes months before I got her. It's just to be prepared, and it also helps the wait over your dolls ;)

3. After a few months of learning how to compare body sizes with what I already have in a doll, I take a chance now on buying Wigs (always a size bigger than stated because I like a custom fit), eyes, and when I can find them, shoes for my dolls. I have a doll on layaway now that's going to have his eyes, wig and shoes waiting because I know I can use the heads I have to fit the wig to and the web site says 18-20 mm eyes, so I'm trusting them. But if it was a doll I've not had even close experience with, like my Dragon Doll 1/4 girl body that just came, I wouldn't attempt pre-buying ready made clothes unless they were simple stretch knit type things. If a doll is going to take a while to get hands on, it's hard not to try to get things ready ahead of time. But I would still say, first time buyers beware. I've had sites list wrong sizes and been surprised when I got the doll. One site says the doll's foot is 9cm long and the doll company page says it's 8.5 cm long, so you have to double check numbers even if you can't read the language.

4. I think it's a good idea to buy clothes, wig, eyes, etc. before you purchase the doll so that they have something to wear. Since most dolls come naked, having your baby finally arrive and not being able to do anything with it since it's in the nude is alittle annoying.

5. i dont have a doll yet but that sure as hell isnt going t stop me from looking, i know what i like and if its reasonable im going to get it because i know for sure that i will get a doll or 3 and i odnt plan on housing a nudist colony in my house lol

6. I just recently commissioned a custom eye maker to make me some really awesome sheep eyes for a doll that I haven't even ordered yet. You're friends are jerks, buying some of the stuff ahead of time gets you more excited for them! It's perfectly normal, And fun!

7. I'm lucky - I sew. Therefore I've just bought material for the dolls I'm planning on getting. Lots of material. LOL. I have a little baby outfit all cut out for my daughter (she's 30). I have a baby coat my mom cut out for me (runs in the family). So buying stuff for dolls I don't have yet seems normal :D
      As for wigs, eyes & shoes, however - I'm waiting to get the dolls. The 1st 3 I'm getting have wigs & eyes (one will be random but I'll wait - who knows, I may like the factory ones).
      I also have lots of props - but I've always collected miniature stuff.

8. Before i got Demetri i bought furniture for him and a necklace(special because it's similar to one i wear).
      i've also gotten into buying things for a tiny i want to get. U _U;; So now i have little chairs and teeny plush toys wait for his arrival.
      I think it's totally okay to buy things or simply browse for clothes and whatnot for a doll you plan or are definitely going to get, there's no real harm in it(except getting your super excited and maybe impatient for their arrival! XD).

9. yup l do this all the time due to l want them to have nice things for when they get here,

10. Hmm, well I buy clothes for my floating heads who need a body they can fit on and their resin matches XD For dolls I completely don't have I buy wigs for X3 JEEZ I don't even have my full dolls finished yet DX

11. I have a floating head and already I have some outfits for her.

12. Well I don't normally buy ahead of time but I do buy wigs and shoes ahead of time and sometimes clothes but usually its after I have already made the dollie purchase and awaiting their arrival.

13. I did order a few things for my msd girl Lilith. :) She was my first, and she was coming nude, so I wanted to have some clothes to wear when she came home! I was super excited and had a ton of fun, but that's just me. To each their own I suppose. xD

14. LOL just yes,

It has happened to me before that I have bought: eyes, clothes, watches, glasses, antique keyholes+ keyes (for modding) for dolls I did not have at home yet.

15. I do this all the time as well! Especially if I buy basic dolls that come wig-less and nude. I buy everything before and usually when the doll arrives it has plenty of clothes, shoes, accesories. Unfortunately without the doll I end up buying more wigs because I have a hard time visualizing how it would look!

16. Sometimes I can't help myself, because I think that by the time the doll is here, the item will be gone.
      But this rarely works out for me. The first time was the worst though. I had ordered things from Dollmore, and me not knowing a thing about sizing, I figured MSD would fit my resinsoul doll.
      Now, Dollmore's MSD's are really large and chunky, so the doll ended up fitting in the dress twice and about 3 times in the shoes.
      So not doing that again without checking specific measurements :)

17. Before I had aquired a good stash of doll stuff I used to buy some things ahead of time, now not so much. Recently I bought a pricy outfit for a doll I've been planning to get for over two years hoping it would motivate me. It was perfect for him and not an outfit I could easily find again but at the same time, if I hadn't spent that money on the outfit I would have that much more to put towards a doll fund. :doh Now I'm at least trying to be good by making trades rather than spending more.

18. I suppose if you don't have any yet and haven't ordered one then it may be worth waiting till they're on order. I say this because if you do change your mind on your first doll you may end up with clothing that doesn't fit the doll on order. But if you fall in love with an item, who's stopping you?

19. I've had bad and good experiences with purchasing clothes/acc for a doll I hadn't purchased yet...For the most part they had all been dolls I was definitly planning on purchasing at the time and had been for quite awhile, and either I ended up having to use the funds for something else, or the doll was gone by the time I got to it, etc....those are the bad bits, but on the upside I had purchased items for my two BJDs before I had ordered them, and it turned out fine. I've also ordered a doll I'm planning on getting sooner than later, so I pray that all goes well!
      I think you just have to judge on your own if you are committed enough to the doll you haven't ordered yet to purchase clothes for him/her.

20. Mostly ? Yes. :)
      I tend to think about my upcoming dolls when I see something that will suit them.
      The more I think, the more I want those items, and I just buy it all the way.. XD;;