1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Can dolls be too pretty?

Jul 22, 2011

1. I don't mind what other people do with their dolls. However for me personally, I prefer my dolls to be 'pretty'. I don't think a doll can ever be 'too pretty'', but that usually means 'too perfect' which then equates somehow to being boring and bland. I think it's quite unfair to automatically label a 'pretty' doll as being boring. I also think that a doll with extreme beauty can be just as rich in character and interesting as a doll with added imperfections. Character can be expressed in more ways than one. I do believe however that imperfections of scars, bruising, dark circles etc. can add to a character - or rather make their character more apparent.

I personally don't find dolls with imperfections more relatable, I would even go as far as saying that I would find it harder to bond with a doll with the same imperfections as myself. This is because what I don't like seeing in the mirror, I don't want to see on my doll.

2. I think so! I have nothing against feminine boy dolls,but when they're covered in make up and long lashes and wear frilly dresses it seems kind of ridiculous

3. I think 'too pretty' is pretty subjective so that idea probably changes from person to person. There are some doll I don't like because they have faces that look too symmetrical to me. I have tried and tried to like them, even owned one for a while and I just couldn't bring myself to like it.

4. Um...It's hard to say pretty o not, depends to people's preference. But for me, I can't say that I have seen any "too pretty" doll because in real life, I have already seen people who actually more beautiful and so gorgeous that can't draw in picture. And I don't think there has any doll or human who is absolutely perfect or flawless.

5. Beauty is subjective and I wouldn't want something I hate on my dolls...like pimples >_< if I spend many $$$ on these dolls I want them to be beautiful in my eyes, for flaws I can just look at myself in the mirror.:|

6. I like different looks on different dolls. So for me it just depends.