1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

changes for the season

Sep 10, 2016

1. This fall and winter marks one year of my entering the doll hobby and I'm planning on changing my dolls looks to reflect the season. I'm looking to having new winter and fall looks for my girls. does anyone else change their doll looks for the seasons? and if so I would love to see these looks

2. I don't really have pictures on me at the moment, but last year I saw that my doll's eyeshadow and makeup became darker and darker as the year went on. I guess it's kind of because the days getting shorter in the falls and winter gets me down, but after New Years usually the Faceup lightens up :P

3. I just change their clothes for different photoshootings, which are fitting for the different seasons. Sometimes they keep the clothes on for some time, mostly they have their default styles.

But here are some examples (with the same doll :> )

Summer can look like this:

[​IMG]

While Autumn can look like this:

[​IMG]

And a style for Winter:

[​IMG]

4. Yes! I am all about changing my dolls with the season, but it is really just in the form of clothing and props. Once I find the right wig and eyes I usually keep to them. In the summer it's tee shirts for the boys and pretty dresses for the girls. They usually turn pretty festive in the Fall... Hello Halloween! I will switch up wigs and eyes during that time to things less conventional. In the winter we like to stay cozy. This involves sweaters, hats, leggings, boots etc. maybe some books and hobby props too. I have to say, my spring wardrobe is lacking. Spring is probably my least favorite season, so I don't think I have much that represents it, even though I do have a love of rain jackets, boots and umbrellas! I wish those were easier to come by in dolly form.

I'm sorry I don't have any pics to share but have fun finding some new seasonal looks!

5. Thanks. I'm already planning their fall and winter looks now with boots sweaters jackets and coats and some hoodies here and there

6. Now that summer is over I have some more time to focus on the dolls. Due to this I sent six of my heads to Canada where they are going to be given new faceups. I felt like it was about time for a real large change and this change is quite large. I look forward to seeing their new faces and then do some more shopping for items that fits the dolls.

7. I made a little outfit for my first doll last year. I'm working new stuff for this year. I'm excited to get started. Each doll has her own style so I get to get creative.

8. I don't consciously change my dolls for the seasons, but if I take an outdoors photo I will dress them accordingly. And I usually do holiday pics. Right now I'm already planning for Halloween.

9. I change their clothing and sometimes props with the seasons. Autumn is the time of year when Hailey gets out her Ugg boots and Pumpkin Spice Latte! XD

[​IMG][/url]

10. I definitely change my girls' clothes with the seasons if I can. I don't have a ton of clothes so it's not always possible. Over the summer they all changed into shorts and skirts because of the heat!

11. The ONE season I do make clothes for everyone if autumn!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. Changing my dolls' outfits with the season is my goal, but... with so many dolls, I seldom succeed in getting them ALL changed at the same time :sweat Some poor kids have worn the same outfit for a a couple years running. Well, at least part of the year they're dressed for whatever season it is! :XD:

13. Same! lol
      My dolls are pretty much stuck in perpetual fall. It's my favorite season and I tend to like fall-ish clothes so that's what everyone wears. We actually had a beach-themed meet this summer and the three boys I took all wore black suits XD
      We don't do beaches in my world.

14. that's my goal from here on out. change up their looks with the seasons

15. I try to change up my dolls' looks for the seasons simply because looking at doll dressed in long sleeves and long pants in the middle of August makes ME hot! ;)

A couple years ago, I went through a HUGE purge of doll items, so I'm in the process of building back up clothing options for my crew, but they all at least have short sleeve & long sleeve outfits. I'm hoping to make winter coats this year since I sold the few that I had.

16. While I don't have an dolls yet, I do plan on making seasonal outfits for mine.

17. @CloakedSchemer
      Starbucks representttttt I love her <3

For my dolls, I try to match the seasons, but most likely won't because I don't have the money to buy them all clothes ; ~ ; I do try though! Why would a doll go out during the cold with a bathing suit on, y'know? XD

18. lol right lol. I'm purchasing a new doll soon so I'm trying to figure out how to not only pay for him but how to get my girls new winter clothes as well as him

19. @glynjay
      Ahhhhh I totally feel. I have tons of smaller cheaper dollies, aka Pullips, and getting them all new clothes is a process. And then I'm buying an SD soon so it's like ughhhh I have to get clothes for her in general

20. Are there more people that let their dolls only wear clothes that match with the season?
      Here in the Netherlands Autumn has begun so it's getting pretty cold.
      I've found out that I really feel sorry for my dolls if I dress them in summer wear (like only with short sleeves or short skirt etc) Even though I know they can not feel cold.
      I can not stand to look at my dolls if they do not have the matching clothes for the season.
      Are there more people who think like this?