1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to You Tube in 2020 and its impact for doll & craft content

Sep 20, 2019

1. Heads up. I just saw this video on You tube by Nerd E jackie who talks about how after January 2020 a new algorythum anyone viewing child appealing content they count u as a child viewer and kill your ability to comment and also block ads so content creators won't be allowed monetised ads. channels of things like wine n dollies etc are likely to be impacted. but pls watch as it also has tags might be hit and have colours in your banner n thumbnails can all flag your channel as a 'kid appealing' and targeted by the algorythum. It sounds like it will also impact you just for watching them. Im not explaining this very well. pls watch the video.
      This isn't my video and not sure of the rules on this but as it sounds like it will really affect you if you are a content creator for You Tube or wach doll themed videos watch out after January.
      You Tube new rules after 2020

2. @Lavily something to consider for the channel :) though I think you should be ok :huh?:

3. Yeah I unfortunately have already been made aware of this. It's ridiculous honestly. Hoping I'll be okay, but I will be taking precautions. Thanks for thinking of me <3

4. This could be a very bad thing for the hobby outside YouTube as well. If BJD videos are targeted towards or recommended for children, there will be a lot of uninformed parents shopping for the cheapest BJDs on the market...

5. Some of the face-up and repaint artist have already expressed concerns. I know Froggy has already stated she'll no longer do play videos and stick with miniatures.

I've already come across this in a few unboxing videos. Parents asking where they can get dolls for their kid:/ I'm hoping they either buy Night Lolita, or change their mind once they see the prices and wait times. Worst fear they buy recasts.

6. Maybe people could put a note on the video stating these dolls are meant for ages 15+ and are art dolls, not toys? That due to resin, faceup materials, mechanics/pinching between joints and small parts, they're actually unsafe for small children? Of course, that still wouldn't stop a lot of parents. :( And yeah, I imagine most of them would be looking on Amazon and ebay for the best "bargains".... Or if they really do want the experience of a bjd for a little kid, maybe start with an ABS Hujoo or something.