1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Creation: What-Race, Nationality or Species is your doll? Pt. 2!

Apr 28, 2012

1. I have a human mage who has altered himself into some sort of magic-realm human hybrid.

I also have a desert elf that I have yet to shell.

2. My dolls are beings that have been captured and trapped by a god. Who uses them to test other souls to see if they are worthy for his collection.
      They have been generally lumped into families and to keep it simple, their hair color sets them apart from each other.

Whitemans/Watchers - Angels - white haired - these are the god's henchmen, who keep a close eye on his collection.
      Alexians - Deva/Asuras - black haired
      Luthrens - Asuras/Yaksas - black haired
      Peregrines - Deva/Garuda/Gandharva - blond haired
      Angarians - Deva/Gandharva - red haired

So yeah...that's how my dolls are categorized.

3. Few of my dolls are human~

Alistair: D. Vampire
      Vladimir: H. Vampire (a different species than Ali)
      Zhang Li: Immortal being; may be part demon
      Emiko: Human
      Olivia: Human
      Felix: Werewolf
      Clover: forest/nature demon
      Rukali: Alien
      Moriko: Human
      Alexios: Demon
      Liam: D. Vampire (the same species as Alistair)

4. My first girl is human but with spiritual powers, and second is something near ghost and sprite.

5. My current doll and my planned, future dolls are all humans. I toyed with the idea of making some of them (ex. Nadeko into a god because her namesake becomes a god) but it doesn't really fit her personality. I haven't invented my own species and I don't I will but it's really cool what some people on here come up with.
      The race/nationality of my dolls will mostly likely be the country that their company is based in (super original right? :lol: ) but if its a second-hand doll and the previous owner lives in a particularly interesting place then it might be that place.

6. All my girls are driders but other than that I don't know. I don't even have names. I want them to be elegant though, not monstery.

7. All my dolls are normal humans because I feel I already have too many fantasy OCs! Most of them are Japanese, one might be a mix or other Asian. I have a special connection to Japan so I find that more interesting than making them basically live where I currently live (Europe) and such.

8. I have a witch, demon, muse, male swan maiden, imp, faerie and wendigo. The story pass on another universe and supernatural beings have their own world on it, so nationalities we have don't apply.

9. My dolls are fairies for the most part! They each have a different type and personality, some even have special abilities.

Krahe (littlefee Chloe) is a ''Harbinger Fairy'' where essentially they disguise themselves as omens of bad luck. For example, Krahe appears as a crow in places where someone is going to die. Her name conveniently means 'crow' in German! She has pale skin, brown eyes and black hair. I haven't decided if I want to get her wings yet.

Lumi (angelregion Ren) is a type of snow fairy, where she lives in Antarctica and has really pale skin, white hair and light eyes. I haven't really decided what her powers or abilities are, just that she lived in a tiny igloo and hates the sun. No wings, because of course they would be useless in all that snow. She was originally going to be a light fairy (hence the name) with bio-luminescent hair and eyes, but I realized I would have to add glowing paint to her face and arms to show that her body hair and pores would glow too, and that's not aesthetically pleasing for me ha.

Greta (shiny fairy May) is a hybrid between a human and a woodland fairy, and she spends most of her time outdoors, even sneaking out to sleep in the flower beds at night! Her whole story is that she was abandoned (either by death or something else) by her parents and she's supposed to have a very strange combination of features, one of them being that she's very small for her age, her eyes are huge and she doesn't have wings like most woodland fairies do. She has a faint psychic ability, where she can see inside people's desires and thoughts- which is why she hates humans because we suck.

Elda (Tiny Fairy Jasmine) is actually the only human in my story. The reason she's able to interact with fairies is because she was abandoned as a child in an incident of some kind and raised by woodland fairies. Eventually she grows up and gets a pretty cottage with a garden, and she finds Greta wandering through the woods alone and takes her in.

They have a lot of different abilities, like the fact that most fairies (not hybrids) can change their size and appearance at will to better blend into human society, which is why Lumi is larger and Krahe is smaller. They don't all like each other (Elda thinks Lumi is too arrogant and Krahe doesn't like Greta's naivety. ) but they try to coexist.

I would really like to eventually expand my collection and add some racial diversity and show how many different fairies there can be (for example, I'd really love an Indian fairy or a fairy fro Africa or Asia) but these are my current babies!

10. Most of mine are human, but I have two elves with different pointed ears, two imps who are a witch and wizard, a fairy, a cat spirit, a sea spirit, and a fox spirit. The fox spirit looks human, and is not too creatively named Kitsune, as that's what she's based on.

11. Wow I've just read my way through all this, and there is an impressive amount of imagination out there. This is so interesting to me as I've struggled with the whole idea of story and character since I got my first doll 18 months ago. To begin with they were just .... people, girls, women, whatever. I couldn't seem to come up with a back story that really lit my fire, even though I kept on buying dolls (4 so far).

As a sci-fi/fantasy fan I leaned towards something other-worldly, and for a while I rather fancied doing elves, sort of based on Rivendell LOTR. The trouble was none of the girls I'd bought had elf ears and I wasn't about to sell them all and begin again. Anyway, to cut a lot story short, just recently a flash bulb went off in my head, and I decided to base my characters (and dress them specially) on the Darkover novels by Marion Zimmer Bradley, which are my all time favourites. So mostly the Darkovan characters will be at least part human (its a lost colony) but many of the people have a touch of chieri in their lineage, the elf-like people who were the original inhabitants but are now slowly dying out. But there's scope for other non-humans too, because there's a spaceport on Darkover and staff there come from a wide range of planets .....

And so now I actually KNOW what to do with the dolls I've collected but not really played with up until now, and its VERY exciting!

12. When I was little my sister gave me this fairy book(scarier than you think). It was about all kinds of fairies and kings. Terrifying creatures that lured people to their death, some of them beautiful, some ugly and oily. Anyway. I guess this is what's inspiring me about my overall doll universe. In short, all my current and future dolls will be spirits of some kind in some sort of spirit realm. My first character was human but died an unusual death he cannot remember. And now he's trapped in the spirit realm. But he is kind enough to help lost souls find their way home and teach people the ways of this world.

Needless to say I hope to get a few Doll Zone dolls and Doll Chateau creatures. Someday.

13. Most of mine are devas - nature spirits. I have three storm devas, two wind devas, a plant deva, a small animal deva, a music deva, a whippoorwill deva and a couple I haven't really decided on. I also have three unquiet spirits (ghosts.) Two are trapped in the realm because of the manner of their death and one (based on an HP Lovecraft character) has chosen to stay. I also have my one Time Lord, who's my avatar, along with a Deep One (also from Lovecraft,) a Spinx, and my first doll, whose character is simply a beautiful MSD.

14. This is interesting, because I've just realized that all but one of my dolls is meant to be human. Neeko is a water elf, though :)

15. My guy is somewhere between a nymph, a nature spirit and a faun. I've given him Black features (dark skin, locs...) but he'll have antlers that are more like two small trees growing out of his head (think of Sawsbuck from Pokemon) and a deer-like faceup once I get the courage to wipe the factory one off! But unlike most fauns, he'll have human legs and feet, not hooves. I guess I kind of made up his species then! lol

16. My girl Arina is just a boring old human. But her nationality is Russian, which is interesting for me because it means I get to learn about a culture that I am not very familiar with.

17. I have only one doll. She is an Illusion Spirit Ying Ye. She is a regular human but I am planning on modding her to be half wolf. I sewed ears and a tail for her and I plan to use epoxy to mod her hands and legs.

18. I love this thread! I just thought "all of my dolls are human" then remembered 3 have elf ears lol.

-Briallen (KDF Summery 2013) is a modern elf trying to pass as human in Cardiff, Wales.
      -Cheonsa Nari (Angel Elf Soo #1) is the mystic side of the 2 heirs to the throne of the fae kingdom.
      -Cheonsa Molan (Angel Elf Soo #2) is the mundane side of the 2 heirs to the throne of the fae kingdom. In that universe, the fae kingdom and the human world are in contact with each other.
      -Alex (Delf Miyu) is human and a tomboy from Chicago, IL, USA.
      -Orchid (MNF Liria tan) is human and a high-class girl from Los Angeles, CA, USA, but her mother is from Peru.
      -Fujiko (Leeke Noella) is human and a mori girl, but can communicate with animals and tree spirits. She lives in Japan.
      -Emily (Leeke Sweet) is a human 4 year old. She lives in a quaint old house in Maine with her sisters, her mother, and her grandmother, who is a witch. Grandma hopes that at least one of her granddaughters will inherit her powers, and it might be Emily.

I have plans to get a Luts SDF Eveline and KDF Bory girl to be Emily's sisters. I'm considering changing the Soo's names since they're elves, and both of those names are Korean. I am on the way to convincing myself that they need Tolkien elf names. Maybe one is Alteriel (maiden crowned in gold)? I'd have to pull out my copy of the Silmarillion to get another name! Briallen is the Welsh word for primrose, and she's a Welsh fairy, so that fits. She picked it for herself when she decided to go live in Cardiff in the modern elf scene there. I also have a Delf Ari Wink on the way, and I think she's going to be a modern girl living in either Seoul or Tokyo. I'm crossing my fingers that I can get the open-eyed Ari that's on the MP to be her twin sister. I like twins lol.

19. Fuyu is a human morph, which means he is a human that can change his physical appearance at "will", but only within 'human' traits. It's a very unstable ability, and he morphs from strong emotions or physical reactions to things (anger, pain, allergies, disease, etc), and mostly just morphs between being male and female. He can change his appearance otherwise (to look like a different ethnicity, hair color, eye color, etc) but those are things he has to do on purpose, and he isn't very good at it.

Alphinaud and Alisaie are a pair of mage siblings, more like mage students really, but otherwise very human. Alphinaud has a stronger potential within healing and divine magic, while Alisaie tethers toward "typical witchcraft" (scrying, potions, making things levitate, riding on the wind, etc). They do have an extended life-span due to their powers, and some resistance to poisons and offensive magic.

Robin is human, mostly.. She might be something of a remnant of a civilization long gone, frozen deep underwater for who-knows-how-long. But she was only a toddler then, and really, this modern time is the only one she has any memories off. (Might or might not be from the lost city of Atlantis)

Flannerie (waiting on) is a half-demon faun, half human. She was born human, but has lived among demons for so long their taint has corrupted her, and that corruption has over time merge into and fused with her. She is not all that human anymore, these days.

Deudonne (waiting on) is a spirit mage (As in Gail Z. Martin's series "The Summoner"). She can communicate with spirits, tether them to this world or pass them over to the next, she feels it when someone physically close to her die, etc. She could even reanimate a corpse by forcing a soul into a dead body. There is a lot to it, I guess, but in short she could be considered a cross between a necromancer, a exorcist and a medium.

I also plan on getting the following:
      - a seer
      - a demonic ocean beast (in human form, anyway)
      - a demonic moth-like-thing
      - a centaur
      - and one of unknown origin. I haven't quite found the right specie yet, but I know he won't be human xD

20. I have only one boy who isn't human. Raico was created through magic and exists as a fusion of many species, including previous genetic mutants, wolves, panthers, a little bit of bat, and human. Because of this, while he looks generally humanoid, he doesn't have a particular species. Richard, who I just ordered, has parts of his anatomy that have changed due to certain magical abilities he has that sort of got stuck halfway between human and whatever he was trying to change into at the time. He's mostly human, but at the point where the story begins, he's about 10-15% other things, like spirits and animals.