1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Creation: What-Race, Nationality or Species is your doll? Pt. 2!

Apr 28, 2012

1. 4 of my boys are brothers or rather half-brothers, except the twins, and their father is an incubus so they are half incubus but there is more to the story.
      Song is a neko, catboy.
      Animal is a benign earth spirit/daemon (and may be another half brother)
      and Julian is human but he's psychic.

Lukas is just now evolving but not sure exactly to what yet.

Jeremy left for a big career move and brokenhearted Micah has gone walkabout and may not come back.

2. Many of my dolls are "Ex-Human" :D I created a story about them, so all of my dolls are in the same story.
      From Tsukigami Clan : REN - possessed by kitsune/ FAYY(OSAMU) a half English-Japanese, possessed by oni/IORI - possessed by Jorougumo/ KAGUYA - a old kitsune/ SETSUHA - nine tails who possessed Ren
      Their friends : KATSUKI - an experimental alien from future/ ARAAZU - a pure blood vampire/ ALAISTAIR - a mystic angel with one wing/ ADELAR - a Stroemkarl

So...:D No normal human at all. Hahaa!

3. I have four humans, of which one is psionic and one is a fateshifter (something I made up, basically he can make something happen if the odds of it happening were 1 in 4 or better to start with). The other two are just regular humans. Two of the humans are European, one is half European and half Asian, and one is Latin American (though she is pale skinned and platinum blond because of her albinism). Other than that, I have a half (arch)angel, two half demons (one of whom is the half angel's girlfriend, strangely enough), and three full demons. Plus an anthropomorphic bunny who is the imaginary friend of the fateshifter, and an anthropomorphic fox who is the pet/lab animal of the youngest demon.

4. One of my dolls is a Hungarian :)

5. Three of my planned dolls (well 5 if you count kid versions of the same characters) are demons, which yes I know is a common choice for a species, but apart from the horns I don't know what else they have in common with actual demons :0 To be honest, I think I just call them that for conveniece >v>;; They're also animal-themed, so I have a bird, fox, and snake haha I cant wait to make tiny wings for my birdie and tails (yeah he has two of them haha don't ask) for my fox!
      The doll I'm waiting on now (my first) will be from a different story to them, and he will be an adorable red-haired, green-eyed, freckled android >w< Though to be fair in his story he's meant to look just like a human, but he has a few things that give away his 'androidness' hehe Can't wait to get him!

6. Caucasian/white, male, human. : )

7. Wow... interesting... I never thought about to give a race or nationality to my dolls. But I think is time to set up a story for each of them. They are so a mystery for me, and I think with a story in the back, it would define better them and give also a consistency.

But, when I started to create a story/nationality and race to them, some 'problems' come out.
      I notice that looks sad that almost all my tiny dolls should gave or their parents died in some incident, or abandoned them when they was child.
      Its sad but I cant help it, if I should give them a family, especially for so child dolls , I have difficulty to make a reason why they should be at my home instead of them with their 'parents'.
      I canr create a background for them with this in mind.
      They are almost all humans, and my upcoming MSD boy just says around he's from the Moon , but in his story he's just a normal korean human that like to say around he comes from the moon xD
      another problem is that all my dolls are not sisters/siblings between each others so, why they all lives with me in Italy ? xD I cant find a proper background but I need it!
      It would be much more easy if since the begin, I would buy a couple and then tiny dolls to make them their children, but I dont want that simple family story. Moreover my MSD is just 16 so I dont want her married with childrens !
      So I have one that come from Sweden, but after parents died, she went to UK. Another come from korea but their parents abandoned her and she went to live with aunt in Japan, another had parents died in a car accident and went to her grandmother in Holland. And another lives in Korea and he says he come from Moon-
      Another (future doll) is the only one who is a fairy and come from Finland. Their parents are alive I believe but she is a fairy and can go around the world alone even if she is just 6.

Now... for what the reason, they are now all in Italy with me?!?

Its hard to build up a credoble story... what's the trick to create a good storyline for bjd's family?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

8. I was thinking of making my YOSD a clavat (from crystal chronicles) :P

9. My dolls don't really have a nationality I suppose... They are all human, except my PukiFee would be an Elf with the elf ears and all. ;) I do have a DC Isabel on the way, and she will be a (fallen) angel. :)

10. I don't own her yet, but my girl I have planned is a vampire, but she was made so in Elizabethan England. So undead English? :lol:

11. Since it's been over a year (and a lot more dolls) since i replied, I figured I'd address this again!

I've now got a pretty solid little "world" of human dolls going; most are from different worlds (all canon characters mixed together through the magic of RP), and so far the only two who share a race/nationality are the two brothers. There are two characters in the group who come from versions of the real world; one is a classic American mutt (and a clone, as well). She doesn't have a specified race defined in her canon, but is shown living in the United States. The other likewise lives in the US, but is described as being born in/ethnically Italian.

For the others, I still have essentially the same mix of races/species (though those sets have likewise grown), but I have plans to eventually add to that group one of the "semi-undead experimental abomination" race characters who exists there as well, so I'll toss him in to the list as well. I just have to figure out the best way to approach his particular look.

EDIT: And I never managed to notice there was an actual set of questions with this one... :sweat

So I was wondering if other owners classed their dolls as a different species and if so, what as?
      Yes; probably about half my dolls aren't human; there's the aforementioned elf-like race, the anthro-race, and the fairies/sprites.

If you have dolls that look human but aren't, what species are they?
      All the dolls that look human here are in fact some form of human.

There are obvious species like elves, demons, vampires etc, but have you ever discovered an obscure species to use for one of your dolls?
      No; the "obscure species" I use for my dolls are species of my own creation, from years of creating their stories long before I got into this hobby. I haven't really run into anything that already exists that I've wanted to use for any of mine.

Have you ever created a species of your own?
      Yep! A species of elves, subdivided into two separate sub-races; a species of anthros with... gosh, a lot of sub-races, I suppose, though I only have the cat-like ones here so far. The weird undead thing mentioned above is also a creation of my own, though with definite inspiration from various Frankenstein-type archetypes.

12. So I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I've decided that not all of my human looking dolls will be human. So I was wondering if other owners classed their dolls as a different species and if so, what as? I have one alien and one catgirl.

If you have dolls that look human but aren't, what species are they?

There are obvious species like elves, demons, vampires etc, but have you ever discovered an obscure species to use for one of your dolls? Nope, never made my own.

Have you ever created a species of your own? Nope, alien and catgirl are pretty standard.

If not, would you ever consider it? If I got a doll that called for it, sure!

13. Human. But are from another universe. Nationalities, they're mostly from Gelevald. But there's a few characters from neighboring or far flung countries.

I've also got quite a few characters from different classes, from peasants to the royalty.

14. Mine are all human, and most are East Asian... since they came from Volks (Japan) & ANS (China) :p I categorize my dolls that way.

15. My Dollstown Mari is something of a nymph mystic, she has ibex horns.

I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do with her.

16. The ones I have now are the setting's equivalent to human beings. I say equivalent cause I don't think real humans can observe the life force of the planet. Unless we count lava and magma. hm...

I'm planning on getting a few more dolls for some of my less human characters as well. Wings, tails, horns all that fun stuff. I really want a slime and a centaur doll too. I'd like to make a half human slug (that snail one some company did was pretty cute but I don't want to deal with the shell. /lazy\ ) and some other more er...inhuman(?) dolls. If I ever find a mermaid with a tail I like I might get one of those too.

17. I only have my Dark Elf/Drow, Kimaeril, he's a very powerful Mage. And that's about all that I've been able to get out into writing. He has a story, but it's floating around in my head and I'm having trouble getting it put on paper.

18. Well the doll I have right now isn't human although having a humanoid form. but it just goes along with the story I'm creating around my dolls. They're a 'wish' so just because they look human not all 'wishes' look human, they can take any form which is why my other doll coming is a doll chateau Irma. Humanoid face not so much in the body department. XD

I have always been interested in non human dolls though :)

19. my dolls are mainly all humen none of them supposed to be a super natural one except for scar shiwoo give u the looks that he was born as human but have a monster face or so but he is a humam so no fantasy dolls to me

20. Great thread and so many interesting species you guys come up with!

For my doll and doll plans that i have for their characters, are mostly humans.
      But, i love to see elf dolls and other species!