1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Characters You'd Like To See Shelled

Dec 8, 2016

1. Hi, all! These discussions are a lot of fun, so I thought others might enjoy this topic!

What characters (from films, books, etc.) would you enjoy seeing shelled just for the fun of it, but don't plan to shell yourselves? Personally, I'm not really interested in shelling well-loved characters because of money and space, and also just not being into having a big collection of dolls, but I would enjoy seeing them displayed by others.

Here is my list:

Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson (not the characters from the "Sherlock" BBC series, but the classic Jeremy Brett / Vasily Livanov / Edward Hardwicke / etc. Holmes and Watson)

Captain Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin from the Patrick O'Brian books (I have nothing against the recent movie, but it doesn't really match how I envision the characters). I wouldn't mind seeing a dashing Diana Villiers to go with them!

Mr. Dark from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes - a great role for some handsome resin gentleman!

Aloysius X. L. Pendergast and Constance Greene from the Douglas Preston and Lincoln Childe books (in the whitest of WS, of course).

The Doctor (wonderful chap...all of them) and companions. I think it would be fun to see the 3 or 4 and Sarah Jane or 7 and Ace, but the 8th Doctor seems MADE for bjd form with his Victorian charm. Anybody here listen to the Big Finish Doctor Who audios? 8 and Charley would be a great bjd pair.

Sapphire and Steel from the original 1979-1982 series (one could make many different blue dresses for Sapphire!).

Ginko from the anime Mushi-shi (Fun could be had with his "hollow" black eye and wooden backpack).

Characters from G. K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday, the cast of Hamlet, Kikuchiyo (and others) from The Seven Samurai - I could go on, but I'll stop now.

What would you like to see?

#1 StellaMarigold, Dec 8, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    2. Todd Wanio from World War Z (perhaps a doll sculpted in the likeness a young Mark Hammil?)

3. Ha, Mark Hammil brings up a lot of Star Wars ideas! Of course, many of those characters are often seen as action figures, so I guess bjds wouldn't be so different.

4. Emily Kaldwin from Dishonored! Actuslly, any major character from Dishonored. the art style is so unique, I'd love to see how a bjd of them looks

#4 Petmint, Dec 8, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    5. Seconded! Emily would be perfect <3
      Also The Outsider. Oh I see him with his black eyes and mischievous smile...

6. Nathan Prescott from Life is Strange definitely~ I don't like boy dolls much but if I saw such a thing I'd be over the moon :)

7. Princess Peach, Princess Daisy and Princess Rosalina from the Super Mario Bros series. I have actually considered doing it myself, using Dollfie Dreams or Obitsu girls, but I usually end up not enjoying dolls of other people's characters because it's too hard for me to write for characters who aren't my own OCs, so I probably won't ever buy them. Still, I'd love to see the dolls, fluffy dresses and how someone might go about wig styling for them!

I've seen a couple of mentions of people making Princess BubbleGum and Marceline from Adventure Time, and I really would love to see that, but I've never seen anyone go through with it, sadly.

8. On the topic of classic video game characters, I'd love to see any iteration of Link ever shown in the video game series Legend of Zelda done up as a bjd. Link seems practically made to be a doll with those sweet features of his :D

I'd love to also to see one of Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who/Torchwood, along with one of Ianto. I think the 10th doctor would also make for a very attractive doll:). Also--the gems from Steven Universe, especially Garnet and Lapis Lazuli. I know somebody has already done an awesome looking Pearl. On the topic of aliens, but from another series: I'd love to see one done up as an Andalite from Animorphs. Especially with all the centaur doll releases already out there.

If reality competition stars count, I'd love to see bjds of some of the queens from Rupaul's Drag Race, especially Jinkx Monsoon, Sharon Needles, Alyssa Edwards, Alaska and Adore Delano. But, let's not forgot the big name queen herself: Rupaul.:3nodding:

Also, Raven from Teen Titans and Zuko from Avatar, the Last Airbender.

9. The characters that I would really like to have or create one day is a series by Niel Gaiman called ' The Endless' which consists of Dream with his other siblings Death, Destruction, Delirium, Despair, Desire & Destiny. These characters are just amazing and absolutely crying out to be shelled. I plan on doing this one day, and have started drawing up plans and ideas for these guys (& girls).
      I also think Anansi (in his human form) then also his spider form, from 'Anansi boys' would be an interesting pair of dolls too....another from the great mind that is Neil Gaiman.

10. I heard someone was trying to custom order a Spencer Reid (from Criminal Minds) head. I like the idea, but not enough to get one.

11. Any character from Neil Gaiman would make me happy, but Door, the Marquis and Huntress from Neverwhere are some of my personal favorites.

12. Mrs. Whatsit and Meg from A Wrinkle In Time.

So many of the characters from the Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever series. Covenant himself, Linden, The First of the Search and Pitchwife, Berek Halfhand and Lord Foul, to name just a very few.

Wilbur Whateley from "The Dunwich Horror" - now that would be a project!

13. It does for me as well. In the audiobook of World War Z (which is possibly one of the best produced audiobooks ever) the snarky millennial/veteran Todd is played by Mark Hamill.

Speaking of Star Wars a Finn doll would be really cool.

14. Ooh Aubrey and Maturin!
      Russel Crowe just isn't quite my vision of Jack, even if I think Paul Bettany was the perfect Stephen.

I really wanna see some Discworld characters! Vetinari, Rincewind, Sam Vimes and Sybil, Moist and Adora Belle, Susan Sto Helit, and the Three Witches and Tiffany Aching!

At some point I may make my dolls cosplay some of these, most definitely. I know I don't have room or money for custom dolls of them all.

15. I'd like to see Lexa, Anya, and Indra from The 100. The amount of costuming that would have to go into them would be legendary but they would look so cool!

• Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War
      • Hikaru from Angelic Layer
      • Sophia and Howl from Howl's Moving Castle
      • Jace and Lillian from Magic: The Gathering
      • Yusuke and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho

16. All the characters and their beautiful outfits from the movie The Fall (directed by Tarsem Singh). Gosh, just seeing Roy and Alexandria in their bandit costumes in doll form would be amazing!

Or a Withnail doll (Withnail and I, film) especially from the scene where he's stripped down and covered in Deep Heat. Gotta have the doll holding a bottle of lighter fluid too.

Last I can think off the top of my head: the fake metal band, Spinal Tap. I've been looking for Nigel Tufnel's acid green and black skeleton tee to make one of my dolls dress as him. But I'd love to see the whole band.

17. I'd love to see any of the Doctors in resin form~ and precious Donna~

I'd also love to see some characters from the Slayers anime. I have a head that I'm shelling as Xellos, but some other Slayers would be amazing to see~

If someone made a Thrall, from the Warcraft series, bjd, I'd probably fangirl myself into hysterics. I adore that orc so much!!!

Artemis Entreri, of Forgotten Realms fame, written by R. A. Salvatore, would be amazing to see as a BJD, too. And Jarlaxle! 8D You can't have Artemis without Jarlaxle~ They're my main brOTP~

18. Lol, I'd never thought of the idea of a Ginko bjd but the idea sounds pretty cool. I may have to make one of my dolls cosplay him or something, I can just imagine the fun photoshoots that could be had since I also crossplay Ginko. :lol:

19. Wow, what fun replies! I want to quote everyone, lol!

I'll just say that I'd love to see some Dishonored and Neil Gaiman bjds! (think of what could be done with the androgynous and rather psychotic Angel Islington? I also second wanting to see the Marquis de Carabas!)

@Rosslyn - it's funny, but I don't think Russell Crowe is too bad (I admit I haven't seen the movie, just trailers), but even though I like Paul Bettany as an actor, I picture Stephen as a much darker and more sinister-looking person. He's constantly being described as "unattractive" and as having strange pale eyes that contrast oddly with his deep tan (he has a rather extreme love of the sun).

You mentioned Discworld - I think Death would be a great bjd! With a bjd cat, of course :)

I thought of some more:

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern from the hilarious Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead film version with Tim Roth and Gary Oldman).

Characters from The Matrix trilogy (I wonder who could portray Morpheus?)

@Teru - Oh, Donna! I loved her too. And The Forgotten Realms series! Drizzt, Catta-brie, hey, and I know there's a bjd panther for Guenhwyvar somewhere!

#20 StellaMarigold, Dec 9, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2016