1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Creature Cabinet Princess KABA Hippo Discussion Part 1

Aug 10, 2009

1. [​IMG]

Another picture of her was just posted by C-man. She's so cuuute! x3

2. How very cute now she looks a different color I know you listed her as purple lilac

I do like that pinky tan color! does she really look that color or is that just a color change by the camera?

3. Dear Treelore,
      Thank you for your inquiry. Actually her resin color is kinda hard to capture, and 'changes' in resin color is mainly due to which time of the day (light changes) the picture is taken... These shots were taken at the end of the day and the resin seem 'softer' and more pink indeed. Her official listing is 'lilac/grey'. Sorry, I realize my answer probably isn't helping much, you should see it in person ;)
      Wishing you a wonderful day!
      Charles

4. I got my Kaba today! The resin color is really beautiful :D I was a bit surprised she didn't came with eyelashes though, I liked how she looked feminine on the official photos but thankfully I had a pair handy.

Her name is Hippolyta :) Here is she with Pepper, my Alice Cherry Blossom:

[​IMG]
      Two fashionable ladies, pretty in pink and purple lol

5. I finally got my hippo too! :D She really is adorable!

Though I have to admit I'm disappointed with the default face-up :\ The blush on her cheeks is quite uneven and powder from the coloring is all over her shoulder where it apparently fell and didn't get wiped up. There's several dirt blothes in various places and there was even a big black hair sealed to her snout that I had to pick it out. And as several others have pointed out there are no eyelashes. It's just rather messy overall. I'm glad I sprung for the special face-up for my Ophelia...

6. Dear Celesse,
      I'm so sorry for the disappointing default face-up (and a hair...wow...my bad :( )
      I will think of a little something to make up with you, again very sorry, no real good excuse for this rather than being extremely busy at the moment, but that's not an excuse...
      Take care,
      Charles

7. Celesse
      Be thankful for small favors...at least you have your Kaba...I have all but given up on ever seeing mine, ordered on Aug. 14th.....and now I read on DOA that Ophelia, who was presented for purchase after Kaba is ready for shipment to certain people.....I am discouraged....

8. Dear RoseAnn,
      So sorry for the long wait! Your Kaba is at the face-up artist (Miriam Bos of Sweetly Twisted) as we speak, so really hope to send her your way soon.
      Charles

9. I think it's RoseAnn's kaba? she is very pretty!

10. Yes...it is my Kaba and is she CUTE of what!!!!! Miriam at Sweetly Twisted sent me pictures yesterday and I am just so pleased!!!!! What an adorable HIPPO!!!!!

11. I meant to say...OR WHAT..., not of....I cannot type at all.....BUT I have a question for those of you who already have her..... is she hard to fit in clothes because of her " pudgy" tummy....or which clothes ( other tiny BJDs) fit in general....or did you have to make them for her?

12. here is a picture and on my flickr I have some more(see my signature)...mine doesn't like clothings but she can wear the lati yellow things I have, her belly is big, but she is smaller then the lati/pukifee doll.

I am not sure about leggings. they will be to long, but perhaps they will look very cute.

13. That is very cute and thanks for the heads up on the tummy and clothing. I am still learning about all this and that sort of info is very informative.

14. Well...another month has passed, and my poor Kaba is still somewhere in the Netherlands....I put away the Valentine's Day Dress...as I did for the Christmas dress....and now, I will see if the St Paddy's Day dress gets worn by sweet Kaba....hoping this will happen !
      Luckily she is being kept company by my Bubu2 who also had his face up finished at the same time by Sweetly Twisted....she does such adorable work!.....
      Most of my initial "excitement" of their impending arrival is gone....angst is all that is left.....I truly fear that after over 6 months of waiting, I may never see them at all......but I still hope....

15. I am still waiting for my Princess Kaba and mole Yuki - I think think is has been 5 or 6 months since I ordered Yuki (and I ordered Kaba within a month of that). Trying not to worry.

16. I would rather have the dolls I ordered...Kaba being one of them. than have my money back...that being the ywo options...I hope....so I will wait also...a little nervous....but believing in the good in CCC and Charles....he is jsut very down right now...and I hope not " out"....I have seen my Kaba's face up and shbe is adorable....so I know she exosts....and is also waiting....I do understand that Hippos are not as patient as humans so I do hope she is behaving herself...but from what I read on the CCC waiting room....she has LOTS of company!!

17. Well, I hope everyone here gets their Kaba, but I have to report that my Mom finally just got fed up and told me to get my money back. I may pop back in here to look at everyone else's Kaba though. I've got my fingers crossed for everyone.

18. MoonRabbit
      My husband said the same thing...that perhaps I should ask for my money back....but I am going to hope that I get the things that I have ordered from CCC.....because I want them if at all possible.....and I am trying to trust......