1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Cherishdoll Faith (girl) questions

Jun 2, 2008

1. I am waiting for the arrival of my first BJD a Cherishdoll faith Alley, i fell in LOVE with her as soon as i saw her. but the more i look into it the harder it seems to find things that will fit. i have looked at the other threads and still have alot of quetions sooo...

-How does she compare to other Tinies (Yo-SD, Lati Yellow SP, ect.) can she wear the clothes from these dolls?
      -where can i get eyes small enough for her i have trouble finding 10mm eyes ?
      -Where can i get wigs that fit her other than from cherish?
      -how well do the licca dresses fit, can i let her wear the licca kimono/yukata?
      -Is there anywhere i can get paterns to make clothes for her?

I hope this can help anybody else that has these questions
      (I have looked at the size chart many a time, i find it hard to compare with so many different proportions)

2. I have a Cherish Alley, I've used Bambicrony patterns for her with a bit of tweaking and there are some vintage doll patterns for plastic 8" Wendy or Ginny that fit beautifully. I use a 5/6" wig generally, she is really quite easy to fit once you start searching around the older patterns for dolls her size. The Licca outfit I bought for mine was too small. Janet

3. hmm alot of people say that licca works well, and i have seen pictures to prove but thanks for the advice on paterns and wig size. im just kinda jittery about my first BJD.

4. Having owned a Lani, I have to say the cherishdoll faith types are pretty solid and heavier than Bambicrony dolls. I personally liked that CD's were more solid. * Only the one peice torso, they have new two parts and I've never seen these newer bodies in person.

Anyway, CD's are smaller and fit more barbie sized clothing than my bambi could ever fit. I believe there is a bambi and cherish comparison pic up in the posted threads... you'll probably have to scan over the thread to find it.

Wigs and eyes can be bought off ebay. Faith is 5.5 if I recall correctly.
      I even bought some solid glass eyes for the new owner to have off a random dolls and bears store on ebay.

Yo shoes will be enormous. I could never really find shoes, but I did stretch some 8 inch Madam Alexander shoes to fit. Also those chuck tailor shoes fit snuggly, they're marketed more for blythes and other 27cm dolls.

5. I have both the old body and new body in my possession right now, and they each have their advantages and disadvantages.

Old body: Heavier, nearly solid resin torso (only small stringing channels) Limited movement, can be kicky. Torso and arms are more attractive then new body.

New body: Lighter, two part torso, double-jointed elbows, unusual leg rotation jointing. Body is less attractive then old one-piece torso, hand pose is possibly even sillier. :sweat

I use 10mm eyes (I buy Gaia's eyes from Kemper) and wear CD wigs. I have purchased Bleuette sized shoes for her, they can be a tick loose, but in socks they are fine.

I love Cherishdoll, and have purchased mulitiple dolls from them, as well as insane amounts of wigs. Minor hiccup during their tan doll special, but that turned out well in the end anyway. :)

Enjoy your new girl!

~Anrui

6. Thank you for the info!!
      unfortunately the $100 that i lent my mother that was suposed to go towards her i wont be seeing anytime soon. so i need to wait a few more paychecks to order her T_T minor setbacks aside i cant WAIT to join the ranks of BJD and cherishdoll owners!!!

(my mom thinks im crazy now lol)