1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Chica Bonita (Honey body 12 yrs)

Jul 6, 2016

1. Chica Bonita has recently released a large doll that is supposed to represent a pre-teen at 12 yrs old, they stand at 54.8 cm and have two body styles with both a larger bust and a smaller bust size.

[​IMG]

The body style seems like it has slightly smaller waist and shoulders and shorter arms than a typical SD13 girl body style, her measurements are a bit unusual and the faces are more childlike and can fit either their "enfant" sized dolls or their new "honey" sized dolls.
      I made this thread hoping there are other Chica Bonita "Chicabi" fans out there that would enjoy discussing this doll. I ended up falling in love with Ginger Yuri late last year when I saw her on their facebook feed and placed an order for her when she became available in June. I am very excited to meet Yuri soon and share photos with everyone!

2. @faireva she is so adorable! I love her little bow lips :D

3. @Miri - I'm so glad you appreciate her adorable features! Thank you for your sweet comment, I'm very pleased with her overall. :blush I'm really hoping that more people enjoy the dolls from this company, so that I can have some company in this thread. :-)

4. I am thinking about getting Yuri. How long was shipping and does she pose well.

5. @lillievon - Good choice! Yuri is so beautiful. She took 3 months & a week to get to me and her posing is pretty basic. She has single joint knees and elbows as well as a solid torso, she can stand on her own and holds simple poses well.

6. Thanks!

7. There is a new sculpt from Chica Bonita that is available on the Honey body (as well as Enfant body) and she is super cute! Her name is Kitty and she can be seen here, I really love her tiny teeth showing in her gentle smile. <3

8. I hosted a Holiday doll meet recently and had the pleasure of photographing my friend's Chicabi girls with mine. Her dolls are Kanaria (left) on the enfant size body, and Karen (middle) on a Chicobricks body. My Yuri, who is showing off some leg on right, is on the SD size Honey body. My friend joked that Karen looks like the mischievious middle sister photobombing the other two, hehe.

They make a cute group of Sisters, no? :-)

[​IMG]

9. They make beautiful sisters. I'm hoping to have or order a beautiful girl from them by May.

10. @lillievon - Awesome! :-) Which girl are you thinking of getting? I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

11. Does anyone know when they will be opening for orders again? And do Yuri and Karen have teeth?

12. @bajib - I can confirm that Karen & Yuri sculpts do indeed have teeth; however, they are very difficult to see unless taking a photo from below at an upward angle. Yuri's teeth seem a bit more difficult to see than Karen's due to her slightly bigger, more pouty, lips. The bottom face photo on this page illustrates how discreet the teeth are, even on Karen sculpt.

I've noticed the faceup changes the teeth visibility as well, the standard faceup for Yuri does not accentuate the teeth as much as the limited 'Docshul' faceup that was available last August.

As for the future releases, I don't have this information, but if you subscribe to their Facebook or Twitter page they should give you a head's up. Also, you can try contacting them directly if you are interested in a particular sculpt, they may let you order it, since they are a smaller company I don't think they are as rigid with their release dates.

Hope this helps! :-)

13. Thank you so much for all your help! I discovered them through an available secondary Karen that I thought was the perfect young SD but since she needed faceup, checked out the company and could not figure out how their ordering system worked. And I am so glad the teeth are so discreet. Thanks again for your help --- I am glad that I managed to discover them!

14. Does anyone know if an Alice in Labyrinth 1/3 head would fit on this body? An Alice in Labyrinth 1/3 doll is also childlike.

15. Hi i recently discovered this dolls and fell in love with the Yuri Sculpt, the ginger color looks so lovely and it was a surprise to see that there is not a lot of pictures of this dolls around, I asked on the Chica Bi mail if there was a plan to produce again the ginger body and they said maybe in october! so i'm excited and hoping they will as they look very lovely.

i wanted to ask you if dollfie dream clothes and shoes fit the honey body? Thanks in advance :)

16. @Misaki84 - I don't have any DD clothes so I'm not sure, but she does fit in SD13 pretty well. This goes for shoes as well. :-)
      Glad you can get your Yuri soon in ginger skin!

Tags: