1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Child sized dolls?

Oct 29, 2011

1. I couldn't this anywhere so I decided to ask. If this is a repeat, please delete.

So anyway, I've been wanting a child-sized doll ever since I saw the dollmore lusion(http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=7080), but I don't care much for the face sculpt of Lusions. Not that I hate them, they're just not my cup of tea.

So my question is, are there other child sized dolls other than the Lusion? My last resort would probably end up having to either mod the lusion, or make my own. Neither of which I am very confident in doing.:|

2. Currently, the Lusion is the only ABJD which could pass for a "child" or could be considered truly "child-sized". The topicness of the doll was a difficult decision - at first she was off-topic and then was revisited and voted on-topic. The doll has been out for a while now and there has been no movement from other companies to create a similarly proportioned/sized doll.

3. Are you wanting realistic child proportions or just a big doll? I've had people mistake my 70cm for a kid at first, depending on how I carry and dress him etc. If he has realistic eyes in him babies try to interact with him. One time there was a little girl who wasn't sure if he was real or not.

4. I have heard that Dollmore is planning to make an older sister doll for Lusion that will be 120cm. This really will be a child size doll and it will be interesting to see how she turns out.

5. I saw an OT BJD that was child size once on some website..it was a limited edition thing.

6. I think there was a custom order once for a doll head that would fit on the Dollmore Lusion body, so perhaps you could start another one?

7. There's several non-bjd and non-DoA-on-topic dolls that are child size as well, if you're not picky about it being something that could be posted here. My grandmother owns several, and they can be very cute and have a big range of sculpts. If you really want it to be on topic, maybe go with Anthrogirl's suggestion and find a company that would sculpt and cast a custom head for a Lusion. Lusion isn't 100% true-to-life in scale though, she's roughly the size of a toddler but looks more elementary school age (not that I don't adore her! she's my 'grail doll')

8. There are also AoD's 90 cm boys, who are sculpted as adults but do happen to be the height of a small child, and can wear some clothes meant for real children, like shoes.

CraftyTeo, if I were you I'd get the Lusion and have a good customizer mod the head for you.

9. Something about a child-sized, child-proportioned doll in see-through panties seems a little...um...illegal.

10. I love the idea of large dolls, but I don't think I could ever buy one.... I know Bobobie has a couple of 68-70cm dolls that are around $200. But aside from the one you showed, these are the largest I have seen.

11. Sometimes I feel like I want one but it always seems to be when I feel like having real kids of my own (which are rare and tend to be after I watch something like juno). Then I realize that i don't want kids and i will probably get this doll when i have my own place.