1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Clothes/shoes for odd size dolls: companies should stock them?

Aug 26, 2008

1. If they want to sell more of them, they definitely should. I have a Feeple girl, and she is so ridiculously hard to find clothes for it's not even funny. I adore her, and I was really considering getting another to go with her, but it would just be way too stressful to find clothing for them both. If Fairyland were actually carrying outfits for Feeple girls it would be a different story.

2. Luts and Soom are going to be fighting to the death (er, not really) because my next doll will be one of theirs and the deciding factor will be availability of clothing. I can sew fine but like to buy staples (dress shirt, jeans) which are harder for me to make. The fact that Luts doesn't seem to stock hardly ANY SSDF clothes, while I can pop to the Soom store and find plenty of Mecha Angel goods is going to be a beeeeeg factor in my purchase.

On that note, why is every 70cm boy a different darn size?? I checked SSDF against every other 70cm doll, and they were thicker than most of them, except Iplehouse, and in that case they were significantly skinnier. AGH. WHY??

And I agree with whomever said SD10 boys are hard to dress. My SD10 shares a lot of my SD13 girl's clothes (except the specifically SD13G ones that don't fit his waist) since my girl isn't so girly. I'm just tired of seeing neat outfits and, oh, sorry, only SD13 boy size. I almost thought it would be less frustration to just buy an SD13 body for him.

3. Hmm. I think companies that do make odd-size dolls (unusual heights, odd bust-to-waist ratios, large or small feet) should at least sell basic items of clothing for the dolls, or link to ateliers who make clothing that fit.

However, MiniFee aren't exactly odd-size dolls compared with, say, Iplehouse's EID guys. It only takes a little research to find outfitters and ateliers who sell the kind of clothing you're looking for. Dale Rae flats will fit MiniFee feet. Socks make them a perfect fit, but they're ok without too. There are a lot of sellers on Etsy who make clothes exclusively for slim minis like MNF, rather than bigger minis like Volks MSD. I've put Volks clothes on my MNF and they fit like a dream, they're not too baggy at all.

Yes, yes, yes! Finding the right shoes is important, whatever the cost. If my doll can only have one pair of shoes, so be it. I just make sure those shoes will go with everything.

4. I love the style of dolls that bobobie has but their legs and my Nyxie's bust is a bit bigger than most dolls. So far I've just bought skirts and had a kimono made to fit her. The problem is now I'm getting a boy and he won't have anything but girl clothes.
      Yes I think it would be nice if the companies making the difficult dolls would at least have clothes for the owners. $21 is way to steep for a pair of boots by the way.

5. I've been tempted to get odd sized doll before, but for this reason I changed my mind. If I have the doll I want to be able to buy things for it. It doesn't make sense that companies don't bother to restock!

6. I don't think a company has to provide a constant range of clothes and shoes for all of their body types. It would be ideal, but I don't think that they should be obliged to do so. Also in the case of companies that only sell small or limited amounts, they might find that creating a sense of desire by selling only limited sets means whatever they put up for sale sells better, then creating a large range where only a few pieces sell well.

Of the 14 dolls I own, only a couple have the same kind of body as another. The rest vary greatly in height and width. Yet I there is only one doll I have real trouble finding clothes that fit (a Serendipity Alice, which you can't get anymore, so it's fair enough that she's hard to buy for). I think a lot of people assume that things don't fit a doll because it wasn't made specifically for them. As other people have said, it's all part of the hunt. It's sometimes deceiving as what might look a particular way on say, a Volks body will look different on a Glorydoll body or whatever, but things can sometimes fit a wider range of sizes than you think.

7. I think it would be nice if companies kept a lot of clothes in stock. Even really basic stuff. Because sometimes it's hard to find something and the first clothes you make when you just start learning to sew, usually look horrible. (I know this from experience. Hehe.)

8. i would love it if more companies made clothes for smaller SD boys. i have two Dollmore Adams and they are TINY. the only clothes i find that actually fit them are girls clothes. Dollmore generally makes their clothes larger to fit more dolls, unfortunately most of them dont fit their own dolls =_=
      the only thing easy to get for them is shoes...they have the biggest feet of all my boys.

for that matter i also have two dolls on B&G bodies....theyre not as small as the Dollmore dolls, but pretty close. so many places keep making clothes bigger and bigger, and theyre forgetting those of us with littler boys XD

and i wouldnt worry about getting MNF clothes...mine has been able to fit in all my MSD clothes...and he's actually a hair bigger than my RS and DM MSDs. Dollmore, again with the tiny dolls! XD i love them that way though X3

9. Try making a pair, and you'll feel different, trust me. I paid more than that for the pair of boots that fit my Pipos Baha, and looking at them...even if I could find the zip, eyelets, and buckles that small, there's no way I wouldn't be expending more than fifty dollars of my time to get a much-sloppier product.

I count my lucky stars that pretty well all my kids look okay in Converse, and there seems to be no shortage of them at good quality for the price, in a range of sizes - probably because they can be mass-produced as keychains and other novelties.

10. I'm glad to see Soom finally opening the range of the supergem clothing.

11. I would really like to see Soom provide some basic jeans. The ones they have are... baggy and not my doll's style. But a lot of their other clothes are really nice and high quality and I grab them up whenever I can. :) I'm also glad that they actually provided a list that shows what sizes their dolls wear. That's extremely helpful.

Though I think in the future, I'll be choosing dolls based on what's available. Thankfully there are a lot of people who make things for various dolls. So that's really helpful too.

I'm fine with sewing stuff myself actually... but sometimes I get really lazy. XD If I put my mind to it, I can make some really nice things. Though usually my laziness gets the better of me, and I'd rather just end up buying something. :P

12. Yes, companies that sell odd sized dolls should keep clothes and shoes in stock.

I absolutely love the Rosette Dolls and how slender and skinny they are. However, I am so hesitant to buy one because I like having lots of outfit options for a doll and they don't have many for them.

That said, until that size becomes more popular or they start making more clothes for that size, they won't be on my wishlist.

13. Actually the Dollzone MSD stuff fits them fairly well.
      As for wigs, there's always Monique Gold. The Vampire Il sitting around this place has one.

As for the main debate.
      I believe if you are going to release an odd ball size doll, such as 80cm or 90cm you should provide clothes, shoes and wigs for it from the time it is released, otherwise there will be naked dolls running around.

14. You know I agree that if a company is going to make a somewhat oddly sized doll, they should provide basic things for them. Clothes would be nice, but so would wigs, etc. I don't think companies that don't have anything to do with that doll should stock clothes in that size i.e. Dollmore stocking clothes for Lati Yellow, but oh say Fairyland should carry more for their own dolls. >->

15. As an owner of a Senior Delf boy, I feel your pain. It is impossible to find anything for him, especially when he insists on wearing girls' clothes. I've resigned myself on making him everything and commissioning things as well, just so not every single thing he owns was made by an amateur seamstress. *headdesk*

16. Ah! This~ My poor RS Mei is so weirdly proportioned, my DZ is taller than your average MSD and yeah~ It's so hard finding clothes that fit either one correctly. I don't have any sewing talent, and I'm not a fan of the clothes either company does supply.

Thankfully I have some talented friends who don't mind making my girls clothes every so often. :D

17. I wish...

It seems (though I don't have my own doll yet to confirm it) that Crobi boys got back. Which makes it a huge pain to get clothes for them - apparently not many companies make pants capable of containing that ass. Crobidoll does sell clothes, but not an enormous variety, and nothing particularly special.

I'm probably being picky, though. At least there's something available, whereas more obscure companies/ones that don't make clothes can be nearly impossible to buy for.

18. Well, companies certainly aren't obligated to stock clothes for their odd-size dolls -- but IMHO they darn well should, if they want to be competitive and get a lot of people to buy their dolls. ;) Iplehouse is a good example of this, they seem to know that more people will buy their EID's (which are by far one of the "oddest" size BJD's!) if they also supply clothing.

What I truly don't understand though is when a company with odd sized or hard-to-fit dolls does make a fair amount of clothing for them, but makes few if any basics. :? Souldoll, I'm looking at you . . . how about some basic skirts, pants, undies, and tops for your itty bitty double girls instead of all those expensive and/or elaborate outfit sets (most of which are sold out anyway)?

19. I totally agree. I have a Dollzone BB and finding shoes for her is such a pain! I've tried a ton of different "Yo-Sd" sized shoes on her but her feet are always too wide. I even bought a pair that were here length (most yo shoes are like 4.5cm long but her feet are 3cm) but her foot wouldn't even fit into them because they were so slim! For some reason, there's a big shortage on her size shoes. All the main emporiums I shop from are sold out of them and I can't find any others that have them. I luckily bought some that fit her at a meet, otherwise she'd still be barefoot because no one has her size shoes D:

20. I have a 90cm AOD Bo and ALL I have for him are shoes. He came with surprise free boots that are gorgeous but he fits around size 2-4 baby shoes. So he has real Converse All Stars and Vans and I'm keeping my eye out for some Doc Marten's. He has no clothes except baby clothes that I was able to modify to fit him. I am addicted to shoes for me and shoes for my dolls. My OT Hujoos have tons of shoes and boots because they are an easy and cheap size to find. My poor tinies on the other hand... My BBB tiny has one pair of shoes that came with him as a freebie but my other tiny (no maker name on her. but she's about the same size as a Wishel) I can only find plastic Kelly shoes for. I hate plastic shoes. But on the other hand both my tinies are easy to find clothes for. Only my 60cm girl is easy and cheap to clothe and shoe. I'm holding out that someone will make 90cm clothing but if they don't I'm hitting the commissions.