1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Clover Doll 1/4 Discussion

May 5, 2015

1. My Elvis arrived home last night. His name is Naoyuki, or "Nao" for short =D
      He's wearing 14mm acrylic eyes.
      I tried mimicking company's faceup as much as possible =))))))
      [​IMG]IMG_4534 by Quyen, on Flickr

2. Congrats! You did a great job on that faceup, looks just like the company one! Those eyes are really lovely too.

I'm so glad so many people have ordered dolls from this company, now maybe this thread will be a little more active ;p

3. This is a random question but do clover dolls 1/4 bodies fit doll leaves heads? I have a very feminine DL boy and his current body is a little... Too grown so to speak .I just adore the hands on these babies!

Plus @Quyen what brand are those eyes? So pretty!

4. Clover doll's neck circumference is 6.3cm so i think they'll fit just fine.
      I got those eyes from Minamino shop on Taobao [link]
      You'll need an agent to buy stuffs from there if you don't know Chinese.

5. Hey everyone! I've got a Sheila coming soon. As soon as I saw her I knew she would be the perfect friend for my DC Bella. She's in storage for who knows how long though so I won't be able to do any comparisons for awhile... but I'm excited!

6. Hey guys, I just ordered a Elvis from their eBay seller and I'm pretty excited. :)
      I told the seller I wanted him in white skin, and he's going to be my new shell for my OC.
      I was having a hard time finding a boy sculpt I liked with a petite body without looking at DC or DZ. But this boy caught my attention. :D

@Quyen I love his little teeth!

7. Does anybody have Booth photos to share? I'm particularly interested to see how his face looks blank, although face-up is totally fine, too.

I'm still smitten and am determined to snatch one... someday. :XD:

8. I made a flickr group for Clover Doll like a year ago (and totally forgot about it orz), since so many people are getting dolls from this company now I figured I'd share.

Clover-Doll

I'd love it if more people could post their dolls there, it'd be a great reference of owner photos for people who are potentially interested in one of these dolls! Lord knows when I was looking for owner photos of Grover I had a really, really hard time finding any.

9. I just purchased a Sheila second hand!! She's my first MSD and I'm very excited! There's not a lot of owner photos that I can find out there but if anyone has Sheila please spam me!

10. Just popping in! I'm interested in eventually getting a Booth or Elvis...could anyone post photos of them (especially Booth) blank?

11. I was thinking about getting a clover doll girl body (if they are sold separately) but it seems the website is defunct? :( It seems KOK dolls is a dealer for them, if the doa wiki page is any indication, but they only have some boys listed on their ebay store. Does anyone know if Clover Doll moved websites or something? It's too bad Junkyspot isn't a dealer anymore, that'd probably make this a lot easier ahaha ;__;

12. They do sell bodies separately, just contact KOK doll Collection and tell them you want to buy a female body! I didn't realize the Junky Spot stopped selling Clover Dolls, I wonder why?

13. Awwww...how much I want this cutie Elvis:drool:...(

14. I recently bought a tan Elvis from Dolly Planet! It's totally crazy, he's my first tan doll but I got him for under $200! :D The Clover Doll body is really cute, it's sort of a shame that they seem so unpopular. It looks like, at the very least, the body could be a really good dollzone/doll chateau substitute!

To the people who have had this body, how is the posing? It honestly looks really good but you never really know until you have they in your hands :sweat

15. Congratulations! To me, they also look like DZ / DC and dolleaves. Show it to us faster !!! :)))

16. My Clover Doll boy arrived today! He’s so lovely, I’m really impressed! Definitely a much cheaper dollzone/doll chateau substitute without sacrificing quality or aesthetic! I wish I’d found them sooner. Pardon the bad pictures, it was already getting dark when he arrived! :sweat

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

First photo is with the eyes they sent, second is with eyes I made. With smaller irises he looks a lot more serious and almost a little sarcastic. I love his little teeth, can't wait to paint them!

I DEFINITELY want to get another at some point, maybe Grover? He's super cute.

17. Congratulations ! He’s very cute boy:D
      Such a beautiful tan at cloverdoll.

18. @0bsequi0us Very nice! I can't wait to see more of this boy and how you paint his face! Grover is a great sculpt and I totally recommend him, not that I'm biased or anything, lol.

19. is anyone aware that cloverdoll is apparently closing? i was trying to finally order a grover from dollyplanet/kokdoll and ended up getting refunded :(

i asked them:
      “hello! i received the refund.
      that is really sad to hear. :(
      are they closed forever, or just going through a restructuring or something? :(

and they told me:
      “They will close forever. ”

:(

20. Oh no, that's awful... Cloverdoll has become one of my favorite companies lately and I was also planning on getting Grover at some point. DX

I can't say I'm extremely surprised, though... I haven't been following them for very long but I got the impression that they hadn't released a new sculpt or any announcements in quite a long time. :pout: