1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Collaborations You Want to See

Apr 7, 2020

1. I've seem a couple of artists and companies collaborate to make a new doll. Then I got to thinking, is there one I would like to see? What about the community; is there a collaboration effort you would to see between two companies or an artist and a company?

2. I thought the collab between Twigling and Magic Mirror was awesome! I love so many artist dolls!

But a collaboration between two of my faves - Atelier Momoni & Merrydollround would be super cool. Both have incredible dolls with amazing posing! But I guess their aesthetics are quite different, so it would be an interesting combo.

3. Sweet Gale + Crobidoll
      Miracledoll + DreamValley
      Ramcube + Switch

4. For many, many years I have been wishing for Japanese doll maker Koitsukihime to do a collaboration with a BJD company and create (affordable) resin dolls. My wallet would be in big trouble if my wish should ever come true!! >__<

5. Takashi Murakami has collaborated with Louis Vuitton, Uniqlo and other companies. It would be amazing to see what he could do working with, say, Volks or Doll Chateau.

6. IslandDoll and OfButterfliesNThings (Arwen). I love the Rubenesque body, and it works very well for a plus-size BJD. IslandDoll made Dove and Noah who are slightly chubby boys, and I think if they made chubbier boy head and Arwen made a plus-size guy body, it would be the perfect heavier dude. We need more of those! (Or if Dollsbe just made Pumpkin in 1/3 scale would also be awesome.)

For non-doll brands collab....Volks and Nintendo. How cool would SD17 Link be? Or Dollfie Princess Peach or Rosalina? Even just a doll totally decked out in Nintendo merch would be adorable.

7. I mean it already happened, so this is hoping for a rerelease....but I would love for more of the Mo Dao Zu Shi + Ringdoll collaboration BJDs to be released again. I know it's the longest of long shots, but it's impossible to find those boys on the aftermarket....sigh.

Volks and Nintendo would be really cute! I'm envisioning little Animal Crossing villager onesies for Yo-SD....

8. .

#8 Gintsumi, Apr 11, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    9. I wish more lolita brands would collab with doll companies! Most BJD lolita dresses from popular companies, like Baby the Stars Shine Bright, are quite old now and hard to find. (I'd KILL for those old btssb kamikaze girls dolls/outfits to be rereleased )
      Angelic Pretty has collaborated with Groove for Pullip/Byul/etc dolls, but I much prefer BJDs over fashion dolls. I'm sure the groove dresses could fit some very small BJDs, but wouldn't it be great to see more options? I want the honeycake JSK for BJD!

10. I don't think that this collaboration will ever happen but Volks x Realm of the Elderlings by Robin Hobb :D I'd love to see the characters of my favorite book series made into resin dolls - especially Kennit as an SD17 pirate and Amber as an SD KyoTenshi!

11. As a Final Fantasy series admirer, I would love to see a Final Fantasy collaboration between Square Enix and perhaps one of these BJD companies: Angell Studio, Loong Soul, Ring Doll, Telesthesia Doll, Soom. :D
      There are many unique characters (for example Sephiroth, Kuja, The Emperor, Cecil,...) with their beautiful costumes they could choose from all the Final Fantasy worlds. So many possibilities... :kitty2
      But I guess this official dolls will only happen in my dreams. ;)