1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Common/Popular sculpts?

Aug 2, 2018

1. Since we already have a thread up for obscure/unpopular sculpts, lets have one for the opposite end! ^^

Which ones would you add to your collection if you could (or already did?)

So far the only popular/common sculpts I have are an Ante (LTF) and a Pong-Pong (PKF), maybe I'll someday add a Minifee Rin to that collection too? (I think she's relatively popular as all Minifees tend to be?)

What say you?

2. I have a Fairyland Chloe. (The slightly less common LittleFee version, granted, rather than the super-everywhere MiniFee... But, still-)

She's pretty much my only current "OMG! They're just EVERYWHERE!"-doll, but a few of my crew are sculpts that, while less popular these days, did hold that distinction once upon a time. My CP/Delf Els and Shiwoos, my Dollshe Hound and my Volks F-16 are all definitely in that category.

3. I got a Minifee Chloe for my first BJD and i'm still in love with her over a year later. She still has factory paint currently but that will change when i reshell her into another Chloe but in natural skin lol

4. My Minifee Chloe is definitely my most popular sculpt. I don't care that practically everyone and their grandma has one, she was my grail. I've loved her since her release and I was finally able to get her during the A-line renewal event. I love her so much! :D

5. Unoa Lusis and DollShe Saint are probably the most easily recognized sculpts I have. Maybe Soom Sard because his face sculpt is pretty well-liked as Sard/Dia? Interesting question, since I don’t really know which dolls are most popular right now and of course which are popular any given moment has certainly changed over 10 years in the hobby. I have a Volks SD that used to be in their basic always-available line but her head sculpt, Kun/f-22 has never seemed to be very popular. I would probably like a Minifee girl but I’d also probably end up hybriding her to have a Unoa head eventually.

6. Two minifee Chloe's here, ahaha. My first was my first BJD and was a steal of a deal, the second was modded from a sleeping head to an open eye so the two girls look different, but...yeah. I didn't purposely buy them because they were popular, I bought them because I thought they were beautiful!..and also were a good deal, which is a bonus ahaha.

7. I have several dolls that used to be popular, like Volks MSD F06. As for in vogue now, I'm not sure. Do Iplehouse BIDs Efreet and Erzulie qualify?

8. I only collect MSD and smaller, so sculpts I don't own but which I really like and which could be considered popular/ common are pretty limited, I think... Volks SDM F-33, SDM Dai/ Mako, BlueFairy TF May, iMda Modigli. Once upon a time MSD Mika/ Ken and Customhouse Uriel, etc. were common, but I haven't seen many recently.

I don't think any of the dolls I own would qualify as common/ popular...? Maybe Kanon, or MNF Niella, but I feel like he was more "hyped for a time" than "popular/ common".

Fun question to think about!

#8 shan, Aug 2, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    9. Lol they used to be pretty popular, but my DOD Ducan and Homme Kirill. My Kirill was my first doll and I /just/ got my Ducan, him being the first doll I ever wanted and a bit of a grail for me. I adore them both.

10. I think my Minifee Chloe and my Resinsoul Mei are neck in neck for most popular, lol. I love them both, though!

11. I feel like most of my dolls aren't all that popular, but ResinSoul Mi seems to be gaining popularity. I'm not usually even a big ResinSoul fan, but she's so beautiful, I had to have her! No regrets at all, she's a gorgeous doll at an excellent price. It's no wonder more people are getting her!

12. Resinsoul Mei is popular and i’d like to have one someday. I have a pukipuki pongpong that’s also popular and so much fun!

#12 skyealloway, Aug 2, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    13. One of my ~favorite~ dolls I own is my Dollzone Carter, and while he's not quite at Minifee Chloe status I still think he's really popular and well-known for Dollzone. Or maybe I just think that because I like him so much, lmao

As for popular dolls I want, Doll Chateau Bella! She seems to be the most popular doll chateau sculpt, and I think she's really cute. She's not at the top of my list for DC sculpts, but I would definitely love to have her!

14. I have mnf Chloes (open eyed and sleeping), Celine, and Mirwen. Even if they are everywhere, I love seeing what everyone does with them.

15. That's about where I am, too (though my LTF Chloe is also a boy). :) I think the Sarang head is pretty popular too (mine's also a boy), and I feel like I've seen a lot of love around for Nanuri 14.

I also have Delf Shiwoo and El, which used to be popular but have faded off a lot these days. And MNF Shiwoo and El. And LTF Shiwoo and El. (I have a problem.)

I know FairyLand's Sia is popular because the site crashed when she went up for order, but I sold her head and swapped it with Karsh. Still, I guess the body's popular?

It seems like people favor Ivi from the DollPamm Loli line (which is itself not that popular, but that'd make her a more popular option from it), and there's a lot of love for Arubi, too (though, again, the company isn't as popular as a lot of others, which is honestly a shame because they're lovely!).

Most of my collection sort of falls into "not super popular but not super rare either," I guess.

16. Probably my Resinsoul Mei. First Resinsoul doll and I was a little hesitant to get her at first. I kinda thought she was "cheap" and figured she'd be of sub-par quality because of it. I was pleasantly surprised! Her resin is so smooth and her color is amazing (she's purple, I worried about blochy color). I immediately wanted another of her sculpt, which I'm already planning. :3nodding:

17. Echoing others in saying my Minifee... I didn't realize how many Celines were out there until I got mine. :lol:

18. The most "popular" sculpt I have is probably my DF-H Xiao Xin head. It's a practice head you can buy from ACBJD for $25USD, so a bunch of people own one. Other than that, maybe my DF-H Ella or Impldoll Alma.

19. If I decide to get a third doll, it'll probably be an Unoa Lusis. :lol: I'm also starting to get tempted by Minifees. I think I started liking them more after seeing so many on Instagram. They look so much better in owner photos than on the site in my opinion. Maybe I'm just not a fan of Fairyland's styling.

20. I think the most popular sculpt I own is my Volks F-16. I don't see as many around as I used to, but the "sculpt family" (F-16, Chris, Lucas, School A, DWC-1, ...) still seems to be pretty popular.