1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Company Loyalty

Nov 13, 2017

1. I have four dolls from Fairyland, and I get pretty irritated when people hate on the company for no good reason. (When I say no good reason, I don't mean legitimate things like uneven quality control or unpredictable wait times; those are real reasons to be annoyed.) I think you could say I'm pretty loyal to them. ;)

2. I suppose I'm not that loyal to any company at the moment. I often end up loving different sizes by different companies. I only have 3, and they're all different sizes and different companies. But as it looks now, I wouldn't mind giving my loyalty to Switch. My breath is taken away by everything they do, and I can't wait for my Switch boy to arrive.

3. I don't actually have dolls yet, but I do have several I am looking at. No two are from the same company. I am not opposed to haveing more than one from a company. I look more at the sculpt itself than the company.

4. I have no loyalties. I am a BJD renegade heehee. I have brands I prefer of course, such as Withdoll, luts, souldoll, soom, fairyland and Loongsoul. But no one company I'd kill and die for. I want at least one doll from each of my favourite companies ultimately. So far I have one Volks, one Withdoll and one Resinsoul. I really love Resinsoul simply because they have the best customer service in my opinion. :)

5. Even though I'm new to this hobby, I can see company loyalty. I think this ties into what kind of doll you like- I like fantasy/anthro dolls, so Dearmine is one of my favorites. (Two of my three dolls are from them, lol.)

Even in different hobbies, I've noticed that people have favorite artists, favorite generation of toys/items, whatever they prefer. :thumbup

6. I have two from volks, two from soom, and all others from different companies, such as lati, xaga, ios, loongsoul. I do keep my eyes on many companies.:)

7. For the longest time, I only bought Bluefairy dolls, and more than half of my collection is from that company. I have a number of dolls from Volks and love their quality.

8. Most of my dolls are from Soom, and that's ultimately it's because I prefer their style over other companies. I've had wonderful experiences purchasing from them, and I have remained a loyal customer because of their service. I will buy from other companies if I see something else I like, though!

9. I used to be loyal to 5 Star doll, but I collect mainly SDs, and they haven't had a new SD sculpt in several years. Now I mainly collect Bobobie and Resinsoul, but am branching out to Soom and other companies.

I try to keep the general "look" of my dolls so they compliment each other. This is why I like getting dolls from the same sculptor/company. I originally liked 5 Star because their bodies were so solid and well made. I also loved their faces. Now however, I am getting to where I want more mature looking dolls, but since most mature looking dolls are now being made in the 70cm size and taller, I am buying heads and bodies separately. Using the 62 to 65cm bodies with heads intended for 70cm bodies.

10. regarding loyalty to a certain bjd company. It was not very true to me. As I have many kinds of bjds from different company. There is still true to certain person. I only buy when I like the sculpt and when it is cute and pretty.

11. I do have it, but less so with dolls themselves than the accessories-- Once I've found something in the sweet spot of price:quality ratio, I'm reluctant to branch out. As for dolls themselves, the more variety the merrier! Trying different companies is fun, and I don't particularly care about them matching proportionally. Though Volks definitely shows up on my wishlist the most since there are many cute girls from them I like equally ^^

12. Zero loyalty here. I buy what I like from artists that I like. I do have multiples from some companies/artists because I like the style.

13. Doll Company Loyalty, eh? I don't really practice it. :kitty2

There are companies I do love for their excellent service and great dolls, but I don't have a collection comprised of a majority of one company really. My slogan is variety is the spice of life, and I like to see what other companies have to offer, as well as check out the quality of the dolls they produce and their unique aesthetics. I've got/had over 15+ different companies in my collection.

Plus, I like having a diversity of head sculpts and bodies for my diverse set of characters. If I kept with one company, I'd end up getting a sense of clone fever, too much sameness, and my OCs cover the realm of different body types, face shapes and colors.

If I had to list any companies I would go back to and order from again if the right doll popped up, I'd say Impldoll for me. They're an excellent company with their products, customer service and prices. But really---I like to play around in the global dollie playground ;)

14. I'm not loyalty to any dolly company even though the idea would be nice some sort of way. To restrict myself not to buy from other companies (less temptation I guess).

Many times I have been thinking to buy just certain looking dolls from a one company. Just because they would fit to together looking the "same". There are so many pretty dolls and restrict myself to buy only one bjd company, isn't my thing. Even though I'm not loyalty to certain company, still there is one of doll company which I tend to follow nowadays and it's where my most dolls are from. But then again I don't have that many dolls.

And like others have said too, I buy dolls which I like aesthetically.

15. I don't have any particular pull or loyalty to one company, my boys are from different companies. The two girls I want are also not made by the same companies. My doll collection is based more on the aesthetic and the character I'm going for. But if people prefer to be loyal to a company that is perfectly fine.

16. Hmmm ... I'm pretty loyal to CP. My first doll was a Delf Moon from Luts. My second, third, and fourth and fifth dolls were also from Luts. But when CP left Luts to form Fairyland, I sort of followed and I don't purchase many dolls from Luts anymore. Mostly clothes and shoes. I did buy a few Kid Delfs from them, but the majority of my collection seems to be CP and Fairyland. I just really love the aesthetic of their sculpts and the amazing engineering of the bodies (plus, I'm a sucker for fantasy and elves).

Of course, I'm also pretty loyal to Dollmore these days. I especially love their big girls, the Trinities and Lusions. And I purchase a lot of clothes from them, as well. Their quality control is excellent and they have the best customer service. If there's ever an issue with an order, they're quick to fix it.

I do have dolls from other companies, as well. A few Soom sculpts, a trio of Kaye Wiggs girls, two or three SD vinyl dolls from Obitsu and Volks, and MYou Doll's Big Baby sculpts are quickly growing on me. MYou Doll has beautiful sculpts and they're not expensive. Their faceups are also gorgeously done. And I love that they come with sanded seams. Not a lot of companies send their dolls fully-sanded, at least not without paying a lot of extra money for the service. I may branch out from the BB sculpts and look into their other lines someday.

My strictly-CP collection is diminishing by the year. lol

17. No loyalty here. I have dolls of various sizes, styles & companies. To me, it really doesn't matter who makes the doll but the doll itself. Saying that I do find myself with a number of dolls from certain companies, not because of company loyalty but because I like the aesthetics of the companies' dolls so am drawn to a number of them. I think that personally I would be very bored if I only stuck to one company.

18. I keep my eyes towards diff company but theres this one company/doll maker that ive been really into and i plan on getting all of their releases (hopefully) and maybe after i finish my wish list id just stick with this one company.

19. My first few dolls were from Cerberus Project (Luts)... but I haven't kept buying from them. I tend to like a lot of different kinds of dolls and styles, and I go for sculpt first and company is down the list of reasons for buying a doll. I will buy multiples from certain companies, but mostly it's because they happen to have sculpts I like. OR I will want friends or siblings for my dolls that have a similar style and proportion.

20. I'm not particularly loyal to any one company but I could easily be loyal to Doll Chateau or RingDoll if I let myself. I love their aesthetics (For different reasons of course) and if I weren't limiting myself to shelling characters there are a good many I'd love to have for my collection.