1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Company Loyalty

Nov 13, 2017

1. I've seen a number of Ringdolls I've loved, but their shipping practices have kept my feet firmly on the ground.

2. I wouldn't say I ever intended to be loyal... but years later I absolutely have a favorite. I will ask caveat that this only refers to humanoid dolls.. anthros are my true weakness and all bets are off!

Soom was my original love, first doll and first company I adored back in their hay day of the supergems. It took me a lot of dolls and money to realize that SD isn't for me and eventually I started branching into msd. I custom ordered a volks f21 and gradually came to fairyland (pukifee ante.. you gateway doll!) And after seeing the two aesthetics so starkly different I started getting more from FL because I like them to look like they are in the same story. I have others.. but they end up "separate" in my mind unless they look similar in size and proportion, which usually means they get sold eventually. Now that FL is offering fantasy types like soom I'm finally feeling like all my dolly dreams will come true!

3. I believe I'm a big fan who has loyalty to Volks.
      It's so simple, as Volks is the first company that I knew about making BJD, they has an original roots with a lot of wonderful products, a lot of sculpts to be chosen from, and my first BJD (and all BJD after that) is from that brand also.
      Futhermore, I even tried to play with some BJDs from other brands via my friends, such as Granado, Ringdoll and Switch, I can't sense anything, so I just give up. Even that, I won't give any strictly comment, as far as they don't have copycat or immitation to Volks products. (In other way, I just simple move them to the blacklist, warn to my friends and, yeah, I won't have any little chance to appear in my sight anymore...)
      For clothings, wigs and accessories, beside Volks I also have a collection from other brands, mainly self-making artists, which mostly bought at doll markets/events like Dolpa. Although I know that products from Volks are not always the best, sometime, I feel lucky to grap the treasure!

4. After spending so long reading through this thread, I've discovered Iplehouse! And OMG are they gorgeous! I've been a full on VOLKs person since I first discovered BJDs with them, but this might be my very first non-Volks doll. They are so beautiful!

5. Many of my dolls are from different companies, but I do have some preferences for specific companies when it comes to certain sizes. For example, when it comes to 1/8 tinies, I only like Lati Yellows. That isn’t to say that I wouldn’t be open to purchasing a 1/8 tiny from another company, if I found a sculpt that I liked.

6. I'm on board with the people with company loyalty; In my past collection (2016 and prior, I'd say) I was gathering SD-sized dolls from all sorts of different companies but I didn't like how incoherent/disproportionate my dolls looked side by side. Eventually I bought an SD from iMda Doll, a company with a very unique and consistent aesthetic. I also discovered that there was a small community of hardcore iMda collectors and I somehow became one of them. I sold all my SD dolls and just stuck to iMDa YoSD dolls from then onwards. I mostly follow people on social media who collect the same dolls and don't have much interest in owning sculpts from other companies. I still love watching unboxing videos or going through photo threads of other type of dolls, without wanting to add anything else to my collection. I never thought I'd become like this, but it sort of just happened! :)

7. Brand loyalty? Me? I've got two dolls that'll represent three companies when I get Nova's body in!

Aesthetic loyalty, though... Mostly realistic with some stylization is my fave, and I'll look for that from just about any company/artist. I've found I'm not as much into the, I don't know, "classic" BJD aesthetic? They're lovely dolls but unique features/proportions are my favorite! The exploration to find more cool dolls has been fun, though. Ya never know when some Instagram artist or someone is gonna pop up with a neat sculpt.

Though also, "this company provided a good experience" does help a lot with wanting to go back. Doll company is quick, packs the doll well, and quality's good? I'll probably pop onto their page more often. Eye and wig makers? If I like their product, I'll consider going back if I need more stuff.

8. I have no company/brand loyalty for anything LOL.
      That being said I do find that certain companies have sculpting styles that I like more (and costs I like more lol).
      Generally I found it hard to get all my dolls at the same place since it won't match what I had in mind for their character.
      Also I generally only like a handful of sculpts from each company.

9. I am not loyal to any specific company but I do tend to watch Dollzone launches because I really like the style. I also like to support the smaller sculptors as much as I can. The ones that are running everything and packing everything on their own I mean.

10. Back when I first started, I was very loyal to DollZone. I loved their earlier sculpts and wanted a majority of them. But when they wiped the board and went to the more stylized bodies, I panic-bought my last girls' body from them and then proceeded to fall out of the hobby for several years. Now, I like some of their dolls, but I'm not really interested in any of them. Especially now as I can't buy from them directly.

11. Hmm. For some reason, I prefer my dolls to have similar proportions, and different sculpts from the same creator tend to be (though are of course not always) similar, so I tend to lean more towards certain brands.

12. It’s interesting. I really feel drawn to a couple companies, but I have dolls from a lot of places. I don’t feel the need to take a lot of group pictures, so I’m not too worried about my doll aesthetic matching. But I do think restricting to a company or a couple of companies can be a good way to keep your collection focused and refined.

13. I'm not really loyal to particular companies, but I like certain bodies more than others, and so I tend to favor dolls with those bodies. Soom Little Gems, Soom Rosettes, and Delfs (the old Delf body) are my favorites, in terms of posing ability and aesthetic, and since I acquired a few because of those factors and make my own clothes, now I'm more likely to buy others simply because I already have patterns for them.

14. I think I'm somewhere in the middle! I have dolls from many different brands and artists, but I also definitely have favorites. Volks is one of my favorite brands - I currently have 6 Volks dolls of all sizes at home (5 resin and one DD) with one DD on the way! :XD:
      The rest of my dolls are a mix - right now I have dolls from Lati, MerryDollRound, Dust of Dolls, old Luts/CP Delf, Unoa, Blue Fairy, Bimong, and Camellia Dynasty!
      There are also a lot of brands and artists that I admire but don't own any dolls from. And my wishlist is long and varied (but still with a LOT of Volks :sweat).

15. I think I might be a mix of loyal and "if it has elf ears and I like it, I buy it!" haha. I own 9 full dolls from Soom and a Soom head. I like a lot of their older fantasy clothes as well and own a bit. I have some of their shoes, a good deal of their eyes, and some wigs. So I think at first I was pretty loyal to them. Then I branched out into getting clothing from Luts and Volks. Then my doll collecting branched out to other companies (they're listed in my profile). But I do tend to buy from places that match my needs and have good customer service. I'm kind of disappointed with how Soom is going.

16. I personally like diversity. I think what I like most about having different sculpts is that even though they're listed as SD there are different heights within that category. I feel like height differences add character. But I get it with people who like certain companies. Maybe they just genuinely like a companies style in dolls, and the company probably offers some really nice clothes that also cater to their aesthetics. I honestly find it impressive that some people own multiples of the same sculpt and make them look so different through their face-ups, and style of clothing. They can get really creative with it, and I just find that so amazing!

17. I'm not company loyal, but most of my dolls are from a particular company. In this case Luts.

18. I'm one of those who likes diversity more than any particular company. Though I do have multiple dolls from some companies and only one from others, it's based on what I like and what I think will fit with my other dolls. I have several Fairyland tinies, Soom Mini Gem, and Granado dolls. I've always been drawn to fantasy, and have come to favor double joints. I was pretty loyal to Monique for my dolls' wigs before they closed.

19. I like a lot of styles of dolls so I've never settled on one particular company.

20. I don’t think I’d consider it loyalty but perhaps I have admiration and show great support to artist dolls. I actually buy less from the more popular brands sometimes I’ll get a fairyland doll but I don’t buy fro soon or volks anymore. I’ve got a loyalty to artist brands in general I suppose. I just really appreciate them but at the same time an artist made the dolls at volks as well as any other doll company. I think I just really admire the smaller companies that are on Instagram because it feels far more personal than from a website with little to no interaction with the people behind the scenes.