1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Company Loyalty

Nov 13, 2017

1. When I first started collecting I was sure I'd get lots of different dolls from different companies. And while I do have dolls from various companies most of my collection comes from one of three companies (Luts, Little Monica or Volks).
      It kinda surprised me but I love their sculpts and I have alwyas been satisfied when dealing with them. So I alwyas keep an eye out for new releases.

Then there's two companies where I keep track of their releases but I only own one doll each so far (Souldoll and Bluefairy).

I feel like it gets kinda overwhelming to try to stay up to date with the releases of all the companies.

2. I have like no company loyalty for the actual doll purchases. I have purchased 2 dolls from Volks now, but before I have never been a repeat customer. I have purchased 2 dolls made by Bluefairy, but both were secondhand, so I don't think those count. Only one of those direct doll purchases resulted in my swearing off the company forever! The others weren't bad experiences, there were just dolls from other companies I wanted more.

For accessories and clothes, I suppose I was a bit loyal to MoC since I did a few orders from them.

3. I'm not loyal per se, so much as I consistently like the style and vibe of certain companies. Specifically: Luts, Volks, Migidoll and Maskcat. It also helps that there are a lot of owner photos of dolls from these companies, which makes me feel a lot more secure when purchasing a doll new from them. There are 4 or 5 sculpts from other companies that I'm interested in, but I don't have the same level of confidence about those companies as I do my favs, so I haven't bitten the bullet on them.

It's also important to note that I'm super particular about having all my dolls match stylistically, so there's basically no chance that I'll ever buy a doll from a company that specializes in more realistic styles.

4. I agree with most people here where it depends mostly on what you like. Many companies have specific styles, and if you like one style, you're more likely to like their other dolls as they will have a similar style. I really liked Dollzone's old style, before they had a huge change to be more like Doll Cheatu for a while. I only have two dolls and they both are old DZ models, and even now I always look at DZ first to see if they have what I'm looking for in my next doll.

5. Not really. But I have some definite un loyalty to some certain doll companies

6. I would love to say that I have one doll from several different companies, that was my original goal when I was getting back into the hobby.
      However, now, I only have one doll that doesn’t have a “company sibling”.

7. When I first started the hobby, I wanted dolls from all sorts of companies but my third doll was a Luts. I really liked their style and quality over my other dolls and now I have a second Luts on the way and I've been eyeing another 9-10 of their sculpts. :frownyblush: But that's not to say I don't like over company sculpts, too; I've also been eyeing some Peaks Woods and Little Monica's, it just seems most of my wishlist are Luts sculpts.

8. I have dolls from various companies, but I've noticed that Ringdoll and Dollzone tend to put out things with aesthetics I like so I tend toward them a lot more than others. I'm not sure if this is really loyalty to a company or my interests happening to coincide with what they produce so I end up buying from them.

9. I always buy all my BJD supplies from Denver doll .. the reason is they always ship fast and iv never had any problems from them. And they are so nice

10. somehow despite enjoying many other companies like luts and volks and iplehouse most of the dolls i own save for 3 of them are fairyland minifees...what can i say, they're addictive lol

11. I guess my loyalty is not for a certain brand but that I don't buy recasts.

12. I don't really have any loyalty but I'd definitely prefer if all my dolls had similar proportions. I completely understand why someone would have brand loyalty for that reason. It's probably more satisfying to have all your dolls in the same artistic style so you can better envision them living in the same world. At least that's how i would feel.

13. As a few people here have mentioned, my company loyalty has more to do with aesthetics rather than actual loyalty.
      The only company I have ever bought dolls from and the reason why I got into this hobby in the first place, is Ringdoll.
      Their sculpts are amazing and I find them more appealing than any other company. Also, although their dolls are expensive, they are not as expensive as dolls from other companies (even if sometimes the difference is just $200, $200 are $200 :lol:).
      Nonetheless, lately two dolls from Loongsoul (hope I got the name right :sigh) seem lovely but their price is stopping me. That and not knowing what to expect, as I am too used to Ringdoll.

14. No. I’m not loyal to a doll company in the traditional sense. It would be more for ease of sharing doll clothes and accessories amongst all my dolls. I’m more focused on what doll I’m drawn to and makes me happy.

15. It’s mostly because I like the sculpt aesthetics over anything else but a majority of my collection is comprised of Super Dollfies. I just really like the blend of anime and realism that they have. :lol:

16. I definitely like too many different types of dolls to stick with just one company, but I really love Dollmore. I've spent way too much time staring at their website!

17. I don't really have company loyalty, but there are a few companies that I follow closely for future releases that I may like. I like having a motely of different doll sculpt styles.

18. I wholeheartedly support Volks, Luts, and Resinsoul. All of these companies have been great to work with.

As for artists, I especially appreciate ClockworkFaery. The owner/artist is so sweet and wonderful.

19. Not really, I don't buy enough BJD items to really grow attached to one company or store over the other. I do find that I'm drawn to the styles of certain companies over others. It's not loyalty, but preference, I guess.

20. Personally I'm a fan of diversity in my collection, so I can't tell you how happy I am that there's not two dolls from the same company in my current wishlist.

Funnily enough I have ended up with quite a few sculpts from one of my least favourite companies (Fairyland) though I've only ever bought two full dolls from them. One of the heads I have was a gift, another doll was an adoptee from one of my best friends who I have admired for years so couldn't let him get passed on to someone else, another was a junk head I got as a fixer upper project from a seller on facebook while I was still in uni and another was the perfect canvas/base for some mods I wanted to do.

If there is any one artist I experience a level of 'loyalty' for that would be Mazarine. I bought his first sculpt, and own every single SD he has released since. That being said; I wouldn't buy a doll just because he sculpted it either though. It just so happened that his aesthetic fit my characters that I've been desperate to properly shell, as nothing on the market fit them well enough at the time.