1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Completing One Doll Before Buying Another?

Apr 30, 2018

1. Hello !!
      I am one of completing one and buying another, but when I see very difficult heads to get it, even if the other dolls are not finished

to buy bodies or clothes there is always time not ??

also when a doll is complete ?? XD I am a person who loves to buy clothes and wig for their dolls ^^

2. To me, "complete" means that a doll has the right wig, eyes, faceup, and at least one outfit, preferably two. Or, at the very least, that they're photoshoot ready.

For the longest time I wouldn't finish my dolls before buying new ones, even though I said I would. There was always just something going on - deals, discontinuations, changing characters... Even a "finished" doll wasn't finished because I would need to change a whole host of things to be satisfied. Eventually, though, I hit my limit. I received my ninth (or tenth, counting OT) BJD this February, and I only had two of them finished! Even though I had the money and plans to buy a new one, I couldn't bring myself to want to deal with having another unfinished doll. So right now I'm on a quest to complete as many as I can this summer, before I buy new doll(s). (And I have plans.... Impldoll.)

3. I always mean to get all my current dolls "finished" before I buy anymore. To me "finished" means suitable eyes, wig and face-up. Clothes and props are on going projects, and my dolls can share some clothes. But most of my dolls are limiteds that I fell in love with or dolls on my wish list that were being discontinued. I have a personal goal to get all of the dolls the right wigs and eyes by the end of the year.

4. I work best having multiple projects going at once. That said, I do want to finish my dolls. I've trimmed down my list to finish the ones I have heads for, and one I've had planned since last year. I'm lucky in that I've limited myself to a certain storyline for my doll characters, so I don't think I'll go too far over. I'm looking forward to the time when I don't buy dolls anymore, and I buy them props and clothes and stuff instead.

5. like with any character i always enjoy completing a doll first at least in terms of personality, even if gathering the wardrobe and a fitting look for them takes a while longer!

6. Dolls rarely feel complete, but it's relaxing to focus on one at a time.

7. My girls are never considered "complete" just as I am not completed at all.
      Everyday, well most of the days I would change them into other clothes. Sometimes I messed with their hair.
      I guess, to me, complete is not an option.

8. So far I have been good about finishing my doll before considering another, but buying a full set makes it like cheating. Each only has one outfit though so there's room for improvement but that wouldn't be enough to hold me back from considering another doll.

9. I only have 1 size so all my dolls are fully dressed once they arrived, i have many extra clothes, wigs, eyes and shoes! But i tend to buy a new wig every time i get a new doll cos all of them wear the same style wig but in different colour. :)

10. Usually, I make sure each new doll I get is “picture ready” before moving on to a new project. So, face and body blushing, at least temp wig and eyes, and at LEAST one complete outfit (sans shoes for some characters).

However,

Just recently there is one sculpt I couldn’t resist and even though I still have a doll who is completely 100% naked, bald, and eyeless, I bought a new doll. I won’t be getting any new ones for quite some time ; u;

11. I’m afraid I’m one of the ones who will start work on a doll and sometimes move on from it and leave the doll incomplete while acquiring another.

I have a floating head that remained blank from 2011 when I got it to...now. I actually just shipped him out to a faceup artist this past week! He’s just that side project that kept getting, well, set aside. I’m hoping - really really hoping - to get him finished this year.

12. I’m way too impatient lol although it depends on my funds. I’m still completing my first doll and I’m already trying to get a new one aha

13. I was thinking about this exactly! I have one doll and he's completely finished. I've ordered a new one and obviously he'd not finished yet because I still need to get him and then get him a face up. But I'm so tempted to buy another doll. XD