1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Conarium Discussion Thread part 1

Aug 18, 2019

1. does anyone post pictures of their qingwu? i’m looking to get him but i havent seen many owner pics of him online? i’ll probably just end up getting him anyways but i love to see ur pics ✨

2. @Snowy - Thanks for the comparison photo.

3. Does anyone know if the artist has an Instagram or flickr? I'm in love with Suyu but I'm not a fashion doll person.
      I want to follow the artist to see if they create any sculpts that would be SD or larger sized.

4. I do not know if he has any, but he has weibo account 微博

He also makes 1/2 dolls and sd dized doll stands/candle holders with heads.

stacyspinkocean.com

Moreover, he worked with Spiritdoll. I know for certain what he made 1/2 dolls for them. But I do not know if he sculpted anything else for them. In general both parties have the similar sculpting and aesthetics.

5. Ahh Weibo, I've seen several of my favorite artists using that website. If only I could understand Chinese, lol.
      none of the spiritdoll sculpts share that beautiful aesthetic he has, in my opinion, but their bodies match the aesthetic and I do love them.
      Thank you for sharing what you do know, I appreciate it.

And anyone who owns a Suyu, let me know so I can stalk your social medias and stare at his beautiful face. :lol:

6. The two new sculpts are really cool! I hope to secure the boy or just the boy's head :3 Not sure yet if I want him with the body or not, seeing how I actually have a different body without head around that he should work in.

That said, anyone getting either the boy or the girl?

7. I really like Wuhan :D Does anyone know if the 49cm boys fit standard msd clothes?

#50 mirrorcle_world, Feb 20, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    8. @mirrorcle_world
      I'm afraid not. If you'd find 'standard' sized MSD pants that actually somehow fit around those hips, they'd definitly be too short. You might find a top that could fit (Iple perhaps), but overall if you want to purchase pre-made outfits/clothing parts, I'd strongly recommend comparing the meassurements of the doll those clothes are supposed to fit and the Conarium ones.

The boy's feet are only 6cm long btw, despite some pages listing the lenght as 6,5cm, so most standard sized shoes should work (inner shoe lenght should be 6,5cm for a comfortable fit).

That said, I can now proudly present the first haul of my event order and show of the white and normal skin next to each other.
      [​IMG]Conarium arrivals ❤️ by Wildcard_Snowy, on Flickr

Left to right:
      Zifei - white skin, a near paper white with a hint of pink
      Litian - white skin - assuming this one has been resting in the storage for a while and thus gotten a more creamy white shade, as the other two white I got are not this color)
      Wuhan - normal skin - Conarium's normal skin is a darker one than I'm used to from other companies, more on the side of normal skin yellow and could also be seen as a light tan. Really dig this color, seeing as this works perfectly for my plans and Conarium doesn't have a tan (yet? ;) ).
      Muyao (head) - normal skin
      Zijin (head) - white skin (same as Zifei)

I'll be sure to bring back more pics soon XD
      If anyone has questions or needs some measurement or comparisson, shot away, I'll try to get back to you soon :3

9. @Snowy Thanks for the tips! I'll keep that in mind when looking for clothes in the future. Congrats on your doll haul :) I absolutely love the boy bodies and the normal resin color. How would you rate the poseability of them?

10. @Snowy Huge congrats on the arrivals!! Getting multiple dolls at once is always such an exciting experience! :D
      Recently i've been pining for a mature-faced and tall MSD scale boy and a friend reminded me of this company! They have no personal experience with them yet though, so I was wondering if I may ask you a few questions since you have a few of them? :aheartbea
      What eye size do the boys typically use? I couldn't seem to find this anywhere on their sales pages. Also, would you say that the 6.5 head size is an accurate measurement for them? The Litian head in your photo seems a bit larger than the others to me, so just wondering if that's true and if he's an exception, or if the head sizes do vary somewhat between the boy sculpts you have. I'm thinking about getting one to pair with a doll who also has a 6.5 head size and uses 10-12mm eyes, but is otherwise considerably smaller/less mature in every other way, so i'd like to pick a Conarium boy with the largest head (assuming there is variance) for proportion's sake.

11. @mirrorcle_world Anytime I can help ^^ And thanks a lot! Rather happy to have them join the crew.
      Huh, posability is a tricky question. They are about in the average field within my crew.
      Especially without anything additional done to them.
      They can bend this way and that and smoothly too, but they like to twist their legs (knees and feet mainly) and I feel they could do with some additional support in the joints (hotglue, sueding or wiring) to hold them in just the angle you want them. I haven't had lots of problems making them do what I want, but compared to my best ones, that would be the one issue I have with them. That said, so far I could make them do most without mentioned aids. It just takes longer and a bit more patience and I like to pinch a piece of fabric into the joints (that's not visible on pics) to create that extra friction.

@Arkelle Thanks! I was rather surprised to have them ALL (except the last one) marching in on me at once - and in the time frame of the chinese new year too, where I totally expected nothing to happen!

A few XD Well, yes. and sure! :D
      Ah with the boys it depends. I've tested out some myself, as I now have more that one. I'd say at average they'd do best with 10mm if you are going for a more natural style. 12mm fits most too, but you get big iris. 8mm can fit, but you might be to small to fill the gap.
      10mm with perhaps a small iris might acutally fit best if you want it realistic. Unfortuantely this means I have to order some more eyes, because I don't have a lot in that size myself. Litian is the exception. He only has one eye, but you need a 12mm to fill it out, the iris definitly should be on the small size, unless you want the eye to be stylized large.
      The heads definitly variate slightly in size, but if you go for wig size 6-7 for the boys, you should be right on track. I just tried out some different types of that size and that worked perfectly fine - even on the Litian. If you need an exact circumference, I can check it out thought :3

Might I ask what kind that other doll is? ;)
      Perhaps I might even have it in my collection (or similar) and can show you them side by side.

Other info that might be interesting:
      The girl's heads are definitly more on the smaller side. I tried on a (stretchy) 5-6 wig I had left, and it fit, so even without meassuring I'd say they probably are pretty much a straight 6. They can however also wear 6-7.
      Eyes similar to boys with 10mm.

Shipping times: The two times I've ordered now I had a waiting time of around 1,5-2 months - definitly one of the shortest waiting times I know. Both male and female body are really detailed sculpted, in a way I am usually only used to with bigger dolls.

Quality:
      I'll honestly also say, that this time one of my dolls has a small chip at the chest torso piece. I've already contacted my retailer and asked if it would be possible to get a replacement part.
      I'd also like to mention, that this time some of the bodies or body parts are bit more shiney. I think this might have to do with the temperature and curing of the resin. None of the heads have this shine and it honestly doesn't really bother me, but I did take note of it.

That's it from me so far.
      All of my boys have been put in pants, to make sure they are decent.
      The rolling heads are rolling no more, but have been put in their place. For the MuYao head, which I intended to put on a Dollits girl body I had left, I had to sand the neck slimmer. At this point it still needs some work, but it's ok for me for now. In summer, I'll probably take care of that.
      The Zijin head went onto a Mystic Kids boy body I had left. The neck in that case is a bit slimmer than the neck hole is intended for, but doesn't bother me much. Head is paper white and I'll probably have to lightly blush it to have it match the cmore creamy white body.
      Zifei's base clothes are luckily almost done. Still need some decorations and fastenings and whatnot, but looking good :3
      Litian is up next for the rest of his clothes and the last one will be the Wuhan.

I'll be putting all of them in Hanfu-styled clothing, similar to the set I made for SuXing.

Here's hoping to getting those ordered wigs soon and finding eyes I like and fit in 10mm ^^°

12. @Snowy Ahh thank you so much for answering all my questions!!~ So incredibly helpful! :D
      Its great to know they don't have very long waiting times too! Did you happen to order them through Clover Singing? I hope you'll get a replacement for the chipped chest piece~

I would definitely be interested in knowing the specific head circumferences of all the boy heads you have, if you have the time anyway! I'm rather picky when it comes to proportions between doll pairings, so specific measurement is very much appreciated.
      The doll i'm considering pairing one of them with is a Unoa Elder Sister. I can kind of infer that the Conarium boys wouldn't work proportionately very well with most Unoa heads, but the Elder Sisters have noticeably thinner/smaller heads than all the other Unoa sculpts, which is why I think they might work well together. They do seem to have the same eye/wig size it seems, so that's a good sign at least! The Elder Sisters aren't very popular as far as Unoa sculpts go, but if you do happen to have one you could compare them to that would be like, perfect!! (It does kinda have to be an Elder Sister though, comparisons with Lusis/Sist heads wouldn't be so helpful as they have wider heads with bigger features. See what I mean here )

13. @Arkelle No problem, that's what a community should be there for, no? :D

Yes, i got them through Clover Singing -^3^- My trusted retailer for most dolls I'm not getting directly, pretty much since I got into the hobby nearly 10 years ago. Only had good experiences with her so far, even when the company messed up and they didn't catch it in time at the storage. She already got back to me and has gotten in contact with the artist. I suggested that the replacement could be placed along with my last doll order to save on shipping. It's okay for me, if it takes longer because of that.

So I just meassured all the heads and well... to my surprise, Wuhan is the tiny (pun intended) exception to the rule. They all share 16,5 cm cirumference, while Wuhan has only 15cm. I've also noticed that all my other three heads have a kind of face-plate system going on, while Wuhan has a more traditional headplate.

Oooh and Elder Sister!
      I unfortunately don't have one (yet), but yes, I do have a Sist which you don't need XD
      If you could give me the circumference of the Elder Sister head, I could check the Conarium girl heads and my Luts MDF girl, as they seem to shape up similar. (being more slim/small compared to the Sist).
      Personally, I think she should fit well with the Conarium, when I see how my Sist fits in with them and my Souldoll boys.

14. @Snowy Awesome. Thanks so much for your help! :)

15. @Snowy Ohh that's great to know! I haven't ordered thorough Clover Singing just yet but i've always heard great things! Especially hearing you've had such good experiences with them for so many years, I definitely will order through them in the future! Here's hoping the replacement part won't delay your other order too long~

Thank you so so much for measuring all the heads! Ah, that's actually super helpful because Wuhan was one of the sculpts I was considering, but now i'll probably cross him off my list for proportions sake. I was torn between a few sculpts anyway (Wuhan, Suyu and Litian), so at least this will make choosing a little easier haha~ Forgive me if i'm mistaken, but Suyu is one of the boys that you don't currently have, right?~

No worries! Like, nobody has the Elder Sisters sadly. I did measure their head and it's 16.4cm, but that's exaggerated a bit due to them being hybridized on a bigger Sist/Lusis headback. With a proper Elder Sister headback it'd probably be more like 16.2cm. I think the MDF girls are noticeably even smaller, but I could be misremembering. Do you happen to have a Withdoll girl? I just remembered that I once saw an Elder Sister next to one (I think a Priscilla?) and head/facial proportion wise they looked just the same size!
      Either way, with the info I have now, I think they should still work together (and I do have an alternate head in mind I can hybrid with the body even if they don't), which is super exciting! I really appreciate all the help!!~ :aheartbea :D

16. @mirrorcle_world You are very welcome :)

@Arkelle Yeah, it's never wrong when you can check these things before committing to a purchase.
      You are right. Suyu I don't own myself, but a friend of mine has him. (We are planing a Conarium meet, once those are possible again. Fun fact: All of them will wear clothes from me XD)

I don't have a Withdoll girl, but I can check the MDF girl I do have along with one of the Soulkid heads. I have some of the more mature and slender sculpts. so maybe they can work as place-holder. Crossing fingers already ;)

Glad I can help. Hybriding is tricky and if you are looking to shell particular characters and need them to match a certain aesthetic AND size... Any little tidbit of info can be the key to figuring out the potential matching.

17. I return, bringing to you the group shot of my Conarium's, now decendly dressed.
      [​IMG]Conarium group pic 1 by Wildcard_Snowy, on Flickr

Some are still missing eyes, shoes and wigs (half of them are temporary, borrowed wigs), but getting there.
      On the topic of eyes, I've made a comparisson shot with Wuhan, showcasing standard sized 8mm and 10mm eyes:
      Conarium eye size

The 8mm have a slight gap, while the 10mm's iris might be a touch to big if you want to go for a more realistic style. 10mm with a small (4mm) iris would be best. I think 12mm with either 5mm or 4mm sized iris would also fit, as the space is there.

Litian should have a 12mm sized eye to avoid gaps, but you'll want a slightly smaller iris most likely.

Also, I think someone considered opening Litian's closed eyes.
      I'd say it is possible, as the resin is thin enough along the closed eyelids to cut through and with some careful cutting and sanding, you'd be able to open his eyes for sure :)