1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Conarium Discussion Thread part 1

Aug 18, 2019

1. @mxwutter In my personal experience (I'm also in the wholesale retailer thing, but entierly different kind of products) as a retailer you rely completly and utterly on the info given by the producer.
      I do not see the actually delivered products myself most of the time, as the warehouse and storage is a different part of the company and I usually only have a reason to check in on articles if a customer gets back to us claiming something is wrong with the products (like color is off, or different kind of patterns and so on). Otherwise I trust in the data (and pics or samples) provided, as honestly the producer should know best. But despite that we too occassionally get the wrong kind of data (most of the time a copy-paste error or overwriting old data and forgetting to change stuff like sizing etc).

Especially in case of eyes for bjd you need to consider so many stuff. There is also no note anywhere that you should totally go for low dome eyes for example. :\

@Dunpeald Oh, that's cool that you can chat with them -^3^- Kinda would love to as well.

And congrats on finding eyes to order!

Looking forward to new owner pics.

2. @Snowy Agreed, completely down to the manufacturer to mention these sort of things! I only mentioned Clover Singing since I have no idea how else to contact Conarium :huh?: And you can tell that same info is supplied to all dealers, as all of them have no eye size info, or the correct head size for poor Wuhan :sweat

Also just realised I bought eyes, but completely forgot to check if they are low-dome or not :nowords: Ah well, at least they're relatively cheap glass ones!

3. Thanks. Bought eyes on Etsy, they do oval eyes small sizes. Hopefully will get Wuhan and eyes sometime in April and let you know.
      Anyone can chat with artist on Weibo and client service people on Taobao, they are pretty open and speak English.

4. @mxwutter I think the problem with the eye size is that everyone has a bit of a different kind of aesthetic, which is why I always like to look up pics or make pics, so one can see how it looks and decide for oneself what the prefered size is.
      A lot company recommend 12-14 or even 16mm for most MSDs. I tend to need 8-12mm most of the time.

Ooooh, pic of the eyes? :3

@Dunpeald *rolling the drumbs
      Looking forward to what you come up with :D

That said, I don't really have weibo and browsing TB is hard for me (but making it work with a work-around and translation help). Gotta check if I can somehow find and chat with them. I'd rather like to let them know I really love their dolls directly ^^

That said, I'll actually be browsing TB later tonight. Might have to check for a new TB agent too, but I'm in no hurry at this point :3

5. @Snowy Initially I had grand plans of figuring all the measurements out of the box and then buying the perfect expensive custom pair of resin eyes. Until I realised the sizing business is so subjective and it has too many variables, so I have to start cheap and work my way up. :chomp:

I don't have the eyes yet :XD:, but! I'll be very excited to share them once they arrive. I ordered them with a bunch of other stuff, some resin, so who knows how long they'll take. I even got a display bust from granado to make it easier to make my own wigs (pray for me I hear it's frustration station :ablink:).

@Dunpeald oooo I had no idea it was so easy to contact them! In my head it was much more obscure and... arcane, dare I say :chibi. I'll have to try it at some point.

6. @mxwutter Crossing fingers for speedy and fast arrival AND lots of patience ont he wig making business ^^° That's one thing I tried and decided to leave to others ^^°

I pulled out one of my ladies again today, as I'm still expecting my last open order to be shipped soon and I'd like to prepare some clothing for her ahead. That said, I got side-tracked with a different doll I restyled also into these fantasy cultivators and .. now my Wuhan needs a new wig ^^° Or maybe the darker one I got incoming will fit him as well, so I gotta wait.
      Also still waiting on the eyes I ordered ^^° At least things are starting to come in! Nearly all of my dolls now have wigs, clothes and shoes. :P

7. Need to say, you are a star! I have tried the pattern that you have shared. Looks amazing! Now need to wait for the doll and see if it fits:mwahaha
      Planning to do a set of tunica, pants and coat, done just coat and I loved it.
      There is a holiday period in China (again), so no idea when they will send my Wuhan.

8. @Dunpeald Aww... *squishes* crossing fingers he'll be there soon :3
      Also really glad you could work with my pattern!

And true holiday period again.
      Kind of curious what the status on my last girl is as well. The other dolls were all so fast, but this one keeps me waiting.
      And that even thought I've nearly finished her outfit and hair and eyes are in customs and should arrive until next weekend.

9. Oh! How do New Clover Singing ships? Do they post it on order status on their website or send you an email? Do they give you a tracking number?
      Thank you!

10. They send an email with a tracking number.

11. @Dunpeald - both. XD Like Swampruler is saying. You get an e-mail with the tracking number and can also check on the webpage if you accidentally delete the mail :) They also add their recommended tracking webpage as a link :3

12. @Snowy I've prepared my soul to just - wait, since the body is Dream Valley, so it will take aeons. I'm hoping maybe the practice head and some other stuff will arrive in the meantime to keep me busy. I'm too chicken to try anything on the main Conarium head before I get a chance to play around a bit. And who knows how long the bust will take, I haven't checked the waiting times on Granado yet. You can tell I'm very dedicated to the wig making potential project, if only because I know finding the wig I need will be impossible *_* So I don't really have a choice :sweat

13. @mxwutter What waiting time does DV have right now? I think with fullset it was about 5-6 months last time I ordered (the red dragon boy -^3^-) and I totally feel you. Sometimes you just have to see the full thing before you get into anything :3

Granado used to be pretty on time with their shipping estimates on the webpage. Dunno how it's right now.
      I wish you all the patience for your wig project. And you kinda have me curious of what kind of wig you want XD

Seeing how the Conariums have rather small heads, me wanting more classic old-style chinese wigs has been quite the task. Didn't expect to actually find something that works, but finally got lucky. Still gotta find 2-3 more (I want different styles) to equip everyone (also non-Conariums XD), but I got time...

14. On a side note, I bring pics.
      I got my 10mm eyes with 4mm iris and planted them into most of my Conariums.
      Here are the various heads with 10/4 for reference (don't mind the tan lady - she's a Doll Family girl).
      Login • Instagram

15. @Snowy that's a very good eye size, looks very realistic <3

I'm making a custom Shikamaru... so need pineapple head hair :sweat plus I want 2 other versions with his hair down and wild, and one with a wet hair look. I'm painfully particular... :sigh which is why all my custom anythings take ages until they're finished.

I admire your speed and decisiveness :love

16. @mxwutter yes, I think so too ^^ And the most evil thing is that the maker just updated her shop again and she got so many pretty colors *0*

Ooooh! Nicerino! What's the issue with going for a wig witout bangs, than styling it? I mean, i don't wanna discourage you from trying to make your own, quite the opposite :3 Just wondering.
      Shika was one of my favourites along with Neiji and Gaara (both of who I cosplayed back then XD)

Hahaha thanks XD Personally I feel like everything takes forever right now, probably due to my limited free time as it's currently one of the peak times at work ^^° But it's a great feeling to finish a (planned) group. That I'm totally not considering expanding to some more dolls ^^° But. Now that the 'main' crew is done, I can get back to working on the background, furniture and props. I think XD

17. @mxwutter

Here is that Wuhan-head on DV body pic I've been promising for a while XD
      Login • Instagram

If you swipe you also see it from the side. I have another full doll pic on my account, if you need.
      Personally I think it's a great fit and from what I see the white colors should be close enough that they should work :)

18. @Snowy Thanks a lot for taking the time for that photo. My fears have been quelled. The sizing is perfect!

That's why I went for white mostly - hoping to minimise any chance of things not matching.

Neji, Gaara and Shika I all have in nendoroid form :love our tastes seem to match very well :XD:

Re the wig, I have never even held one, so I just assumed I couldn't go too crazy with styling! I just assumed the default styling they come with is the one they have to keep. I'll still try my hand at a wig before jumping ship, but if it is indeed only a matter of styling... that may make my life easier :sweat

19. @mxwutter No problem :D Just some beheading of innocent dolls involved ;P

Ahaha, the people with brains trio XD Yes, we seem to share our favs.

I think a lot of wigs are 'pre-styled' but unless it's styling is 'cemented' nothing that can't be worked with.
      Here's an example pic:
      Login • Instagram
      Except for the blue wig and the long, open hair of the blue clad tall one, all of the wigs were straight, open ones, that I carefully combed and changed the styling of.

20. @Snowy your knowledge knows no bounds - I never thought of that! Honestly was under the impression those wigs had been styled like that from the beginning.

I really want one head to come through at least so I can start playing :nosebleed