1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Contemporary Artist Dolls Feedback (2010)

Feb 23, 2010

1. Contemporary Artist Dolls
      http://www.contemporarydollshop.com/

* What did you order? A Souldoll Queena
      * When did you order? January 2010
      * How was the communication? Great! She got back to me right away.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very. She also allowed me to set up a layaway plan for a doll that was in stock.
      * How long did it take to ship? A couple days after I paid in full
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? n/a

2. * What did you order? A free wig with my coupon.
      * When did you order? Late February of 2010.
      * How was the communication? Excellent
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. I used Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? About a week.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? N/A.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Excellent wig.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.

3. * What did you order? I managed to get in on their free wig promotion~
      * When did you order? February 26th, and received today~
      * How was the communication? I emailed, and received a paypal invoice within minutes~
      * How easy was it to pay? Extremely~
      * How long did it take to ship? A week~
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? While my 'expectations' were very low because omgrandomfreewig, and I was all-around grateful to the retailer for holding such a super-cool promotion, what I received was a ridiculous ball of spiderweb-esque fuzz that absolutely reeked of mildew, left a grimy-feeling residue on one's hands, and had wefts that were falling off the cap. Maybe it was just a fluke, but while I wasn't expecting much, I honestly wasn't expecting to receive a wig that was in such terrible shape. **Also, editing to add now that others have brought their experience to light and I have been given reason to believe that I wasn't just being a nitpicky jerk with my initial suspicions, but I believe the wig I received was a "Monique Mallory" with most of the fiber in the back cut in half, and brushed out. Which literally resulted in the wig becoming a dilapidated ball of crimped spiderweb fluff. I am echoing others in saying that what I received was likely an extremely used and abused wig.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? N/A
      * Were you satisfied with the product? It was completely unsalvageable, and my mother demanded I throw it out. So not really. 8V;
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? As stated above, the wig is no longer in my possession, lol. And I'm not going to bawww at them about something they gave me for free.
      * Would you order from this company again? Free as it was, the item's condition and mildew smell entirely turned me off to buying from this company in the future.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? In tl;dr, probably yes, as buying second-hand usually means that the item's condition will be generously disclosed by the seller.

4. * What did you order? free wig with coupon.
      * When did you order? End of Feb
      * How was the communication? Fast response
      * How easy was it to pay? Invoice through paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Package was sent out 7 days from when I paid the invoice.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The wig quality was horrible. I know this was a free wig event and I wasn't expecting the greatest but... the wig I received didn't come in a usable state. It came in a ziplock bag labeled "$15" and smelled kinda funky... but when I took it out it was just a giant ball of tangled mess!! Did they send me a used wig? You could see through the wefting on the wigcap, the fibers were coarse and kinked, and it was extremely, EXTREMELY tangled.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? n/a
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Unfortunately no. I'm sure others got great wigs, and others not so great. However, I really wasn't expecting a wig this horrible. It looks like the wig was supposed to be a wavy style but it was just a giant ball of tangle, I think the wig had to have been used. There were huge knots I had to actually cut out, but I still haven't been able to untangle the wig. I do not think this wig was worth the cost of shipping.
      * Would you order from this company again? No. Even though the wig only cost $2.00 in shipping... I think they lose a lot of integrity to advertise that you would be getting a wig "up to $30 value" when in fact you're just getting an extremely used, smelly, tangled wig.

5. What did you order? a free wig with the coupon promotion
      * When did you order? end of feburary
      * How was the communication? very quick
      * How easy was it to pay? i was invoiced via paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? one week
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I wasn't expecting anything extremely amazing, but I'm disappointed in what I received. It was a long wig with some wave/loop to it, but it was all tangled, and the top fibers were reaaallly crunched up and almost like they had been burned from heat exposure? The entire top was very nasty fibers. I believe this was a pre-owned/used wig, since there was velcro glued inside the wig (some people do this to keep wigs on their dolls), but no other velcro? It also had a strange, old musky smell to it.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? n/a
      * Were you satisfied with the product? not really. I know the wig was free, but I was expecting something new since it was from a company. I was able to get it somewhat managable by trimming the ends and using some wig wax, but this wig is really not of selling quality at all.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Since it was free theres nothing to do about it.
      * Would you order from this company again? unfortunately, no.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? possibly, since users provide images and quality checks.

6. * What did you order? A Ringdoll Don
      * When did you order? April 2010
      * How was the communication? Excellent! She was very pleasant and quickly answered all of my questions before buying. She also sent tracking information quickly after my purchase.
      * How easy was it to pay? Paypal...extremely easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? Just a few days after I paid.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes...and even better in person.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very! He did arrive with a broken finger, but otherwise in perfect condition.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I emailed her about the issue with the broken finger, and she got back to me right away and is getting a replacement hand for me. The broken finger seems to be a ringdoll problem that has happened to several dolls during shipping. She was very nice and quick to help.
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely! The web site has a great selection of items and so many different doll companies are represented. It was fantastic to be able to ask all of my questions and get answers quickly.

7. * What did you order? A Dollheart outfit.
      * When did you order? End of June 2010.
      * How was the communication? Very quick and polite.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very simple, though I had to pay for shipping seperately, which was understandable as international shipping costs a fair bit more. :3
      * How long did it take to ship? A day.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, but better. ^^
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Not Applicable.
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Not Applicable.

8. * What did you order? A Doll Family Lyre
      * When did you order? April 5th, 2010
      * How was the communication? Bad. =_= She did get back to me about paying everything up front but when I reached a 2 1/2 month wait and inquired after my doll I literally got a one sentence reply. When she sent the shipping notice, it was basically unlabeled except that in one place it said "Lyre" she sent no email other than that saying it shipped.
      * How easy was it to pay? No real trouble, had to wait for the go ahead to pay it all up front but that's understandable.
      * How long did it take to ship? I'm not sure, probably quickly but I didn't realize I had the shipping notice for a while.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, very much so.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better than the pictures. ^_^
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very!
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably not, I'm not very satisfied with her lack of communication. I've heard that there is often poor communication in this hobby, but I ordered through a service so that I would have communication if I wanted.