1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Core Magazine Featuring Gentaro Araki Dolls on Sale at HLJ

Oct 9, 2005

1. I happened to be perusing Hobby Link Japan's site when I came across this. It's a special issue of Core Magazine (based in Japan) that's devoted to Gentaro Araki, the man who created Unoss and Unoa. The link below have a few photos from that magazine and they feature dolls that look nothing like the Unoas I've seen (both in photos and in person at a couple of doll meet-ups I attended). I have no idea if they are future Alchemic Lab dolls or if they were original prototypes that were never used or if they are simply one of a kind dolls that are expremely harder to get than the Unoas. Here's the link:

http://www.hlj.com/product/COA34886

If anyone is interested, you can order at the link above, although the site does warn that the magazine is in Japanese.

2. oh looks neat, his dolls are so fasinating *_*

3. I remember seeing some kit-pictures of the first doll (or something very similar involving translucent blue plastic) in Araki-san's diary on Alchemic Labo . . . it's awesome to see what she looks like finished!!

The second doll is one of his personal-collection life-sized silicone dolls . . . they're internally jointed with a 'skeleton' and are incredibly poseable. If anyone does get this magazine, please scan some photos!!!

-- Andi :>

4. wow, cool book. does anyone know, were the photos taken by araki? i wish it wasn't 30, but it is a photobook so i guess the price is fair.

i can't seem to find it on amazon.jp

5. Pretty art...fan servicy, but pretty. :oops:

6. That first doll is SO cool!! Love her design!! Hope they sell her someday (in my dreams >_<)

7. I ordered it this morning. HLJ is on Holiday for 2 more days and then they will let me know how much to pay, then shipping, so I can't say when I will have it, but when it arrives I will post pictures if no one else has.

*Araki love*

8. I think I saw this at Kino book stores too. (in most "little tokyo" towns)

9. Cute girls with gratutious panty photos. Yeah that's Araki all right :oops:

10. aren't some of these dolls from araki's personal collection?
      I have a magazine with some pcitures of these dolls too..^^ It's very interesting!