1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus concerns mega-thread

Jan 21, 2020

1. I'm currently concerned about the availability of 'tools' for modification.

I'm looking at customising a toy horse for a doll I have on layaway when the horse comes in, but I haven't got any isopropyl alcohol 90 to strip back the current paint. The strongest I can find online is 70%. I'm guessing people are buying up the stronger stuff for homemade hand sanitiser. Which is kind of more important right now than stripping paint off a toy.

Also, just packages sitting. I've had a couple of pairs of shoes for my bigger boys coming from the US [to the UK] that have been stalled in LA since April 11th. I've had a couple of clothing orders with Alice's Collections made in March that have not even shipped. They weren't even massive orders. But production must have been affected. So, it'll take a little longer. I felt the need to message a seller on eBay, to clarify whether there would be issues caused by Covid-19 before I bought from them. They said there wouldn't be currently. I haven't bought the item, yet, because I've got my next payment for my layaway doll going out of my account in a couple of days. I don't want to spend too much beforehand. And I've purchased a fair few bits nationally-based already, for my layaway doll.

There is also the slight concern that the doll in question will be delayed somewhere down the line. Even though restrictions look to be lifting slowly. So, in a month or so, he will hopefully be able to find his way home on swift wings.

2. Thats my worry to. I'm not completely out of the appropriate filters and there seems to be no way to get any. Even long before the virus actually came to the US I couldn't find any locally. I should have ordered from Amazon in December

3. I think packages are mostly sanitize upon arrival. Tho if youre not sure, you can definitely resanitize the boxes, or leave it untouched for sometime before unboxing

4. I have some Etsy orders that are completely MIA that I ordered at the beginning of April. One from Poland, one from Austria, and two from the UK. No idea when any of them will arrive here in the US to me. Domestic shipping is working great, though. I haven’t experienced any delay with those packages. My latest was from DDE in Colorado that was sent on Saturday, that I received here in Florida today (Monday.)

5. I have the same with missing packages from Etsy. Mostly from Europe to me in Australia. I am not worried yet though ,especially as two out of the four missing did arrive today. Mine are purchases from the end of March so I would not be too concerned. It must be hard on sellers.

6. Haven't gotten a shipping notice for the fabric I ordered from Etsy (store is in California) but I did get a note apologizing for the delay.
      On another note Texas is opening up a bit, our governor has lifted stay home restrictions but wants people to wear masks. They weren't wearing them before when doing necessary trips so I doubt they will now.:roll: I guess they could be refused entrance into stores, I don't know. :sweat
      I wonder when my packages from Japan and China will finally find a spot on an airplane headed to the US.

7. Angell-Studio finally shipped my order but through UPS instead. I'm guessing that with the delays EMS is having, they opted for another carrier instead.

I hope my doll doesn't get stuck at the airport!

8. No dice on my Japan EMS package. I’ve come to terms that I’ll have to wait a couple months.

9. Quick update: The Mandarake parcel shipped on Friday, that was supposed to arrive here tomorrow, actually got here Monday. That makes it four days of shipping, including a Sunday. Not bad.

10. I ordered a doll from myou doll right before the epidemic began in China. She’s estimated to be ready for shipping at the end of the month but now I’m worried they won’t be able to ship her:( Has anyone gotten their packages from China shipped by EMS recently?

11. Yes, I had one shipped at the beginning of March that hasn't even had an update since 3/14. I'm starting to get quite nervous about it. It was just two wigs but they were from an artist and very expensive so I will be upset if they get lost. I think larger things may be moving at a bit of a faster pace.

12. @corina I also just saw in the MYou tiny discussion that someone's is arrived in the US at least. So not all gloom and doom, though that might depend on your country and local post office. Generally speaking, It's very rare that a package gets lost for good, I've heard a few times if it comes down to it, filing a lost package claim can get the postal service to find lost dolls.

Though if they can't, in that case you can talk to the company/dealer about that. Each doll company's policy varies, but I'm fairly certain almost all ship with insurance so you could get a refund etc.

Either way, prepare for the worst but know that it'll probably not get that bad, though there may be hitches- particularly in these times.

@I<3MySD I think it might be time to ask the company, post office, etc and see if you can file a lost package claim. If you haven't already? I hope it gets sorted out! D:

13. @Mutation I tried but the seller wants to wait for more time. I'm starting to get really nervous though. Japan Post said EMS could be delayed up to 4 months so I'm assuming the same would apply for China EMS. But I wish they would put out a statement!

14. Good to hear that at least some people are getting their dolls from China! I’m from Finland (Europe) and at least packages from Japan seem to get here without huge delays so let’s see how it goes. I’m really nervous though, I’ve been waiting for the doll for about 5 months now:shudder

15. Unless it's shipping from the States or domestic Canada, I'm just being patient. Until Canada accepts international mail, there's not point in being anything else.

16. Currently waiting on several things. I preordered a Simply Meant to Be Dohwee back in November; he was meant to be shipped by mid-March. No one has heard from the sculptor since their last Instagram post on March 7, and personally I'm concerned for her wellbeing. I ordered two DIM heads through a group order in January, although we've had some communication with the middleman —the heads are with them in Russia, but international shipping is still on hold there. I've got an etsy order from Russia, too (just a doll outfit) that I ordered on April 1, but it's been stuck in St. Petersberg for a month now. I paid off a Loongsoul body in March and after a month and a half, Alice's Collections emailed and let me know that it's been shipped as of April 30th. Their customer service has been awesome throughout all of this; I've been really grateful for their quick replies to my concerns.

As for domestic shipping, I've received packages just fine. Some have slightly longer shipping times, but nothing too bad.

17. Just wanted to update yall on this-- the sculptor is okay!! I'm so relieved :pout:

18. My doll Chateau from Jeeryama.
      She sent parcel by 8, may and today it’s held by Japanese custom already :ablink:

It takes 5 days to pass Way from posting to local custom. It’s usual EMS posting, no priority. That’s unbelievable. I feel much positive now :cheer i hope other directions will move soon too.

19. My Angell-Studio greater snow arrived on time yesterday! So looks like UPS is working fine. I'm still waiting for my accessories order from Korea and its been stuck at the korean post office (not airport that I assumed previously) for 3 weeks now. Honestly I'm not too worried and tracking still works so I just have to be patient.

20. My super-slow China EMS package that hadn't moved since 3/14 just made it to Beijing :XD: But at least I now know it is moving!
      My Legend Doll order, on the other hand, shipped 4/30 and arrived today! So bizarre.

#320 I<3MySD, May 13, 2020
      Last edited: May 13, 2020