1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus concerns mega-thread

Jan 21, 2020

1. :eek:Oh boy I'm not even sure where mine went. They usually go to Chicago, however mines been trapped there for about a week now? I'm in Texas so I'm not sure... i hope its not too much longer, I'm ready for them to get home :XD:

2. Bought a secondhand doll using Buyee. Shipping price with DHL would be around ¥10,000 vs EMS at ¥6,000.

I’d choose EMS but considering the fact that my other Japan EMS parcel is stuck in limbo, I’d rather not.

But the DHL shipping is so expensive :eek:

I’ll maybe let him chill in the Buyee warehouse a bit until I make a decision...

3. I'm ordering from Mandarake soon and was wondering, are there customs fees/taxes upon arrival to the USA if the doll is sent through DHL from Japan? Normally I don't have any issues when it's sent through EMS, never done DHL before...

4. @Aiko-chan, there are no customs fees on dolls in the US.

5. @Aiko-chan you might want to check out the Dollfie SD discussion thread (post 74 and 75) as there is mention of a US person buying a bjd from Dollyteria recently with shipping via DHL and being charged 20% tax as the item was marked as merchandise not dolls/toys. I’m waiting on a DHL shipment from Japan (from Mandarake), it just hit the US and no mention of any fees/taxes so far (I’m in the US). Hope this helps!

#345 kurogane, Jun 5, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    6. Thank you both, @vicemage and @kurogane ! I’m hoping it’s marked as doll/toy since Mandarake has sold quite a few, they should have it down by now. I’ll check out that thread, and I hope all goes well for you @kurogane !

7. Ah man DHL from Mandarake is so expensive. I only knew the cost of shipping after I got the invoice but I bit the bullet anyway. I’ve got a SD13 body on the way now. Shipping options before Covid were a lot cheaper.

8. I'm still waiting for doll head that has been stuck in korea post office for two weeks!

9. I could deal with things being stuck in foreign customs, but my stuff has cleared US customs and then just vanishes. I have one package that manage to make it to my state on the 4th and then vanished and another that cleared customs on the 28th and has not been seen since.
      Super frustrating!

10. Lately stuff has been making it to the states, and then the tracking just stops. It is like U.S.P.S. is not updating anything. Sometimes I can find the packages though different tracking, but I never know when the packages are getting close, or when the delivery date is going to be.

I have a Ringdoll on the way, and there is no way for me to keep track of the package. Even if I am stuck at home and going no where because of the virus, I still need to know when the package will get to me, I could be out walking at the park, or on a grocery store run.

U.S.P.S. used to be really great at tracking, and I know they are swamped an short on staff, just like the rest of the world, but it is still a bit worrisome.

11. Did you call the forwarder?

12. I'm getting a little concerned about a clothes order I've got incoming, while at the same time I'm tearing myself up inside over selling the dolls they're intended for. My finances took a hit last month, with car repairs, so I'm having to look for ways to make it up. Selling a doll or two would be a big help. Selling all of them on layaway would be even better! And I have been contemplating the notion of starting again, from scratch. In a smaller scale than the clothes that I've got incoming. They've been on order or incoming for so long...

13. I am just getting into the hobby of BJDs and have some things being shipped. I don't know the difference on how long things normally take to get shipped from China, so I guess that's a good thing. It took a month and a half for the 1/3 BJD lolita dress I ordered to arrive. Is that unusual?

14. Yes, clothes can take a couple weeks to a couple months depending where you ordered from, wigs and shoes as well. Many places have the accessories in stock so they ship right away, but shipping can take awhile, and it has been even slower due to the virus. Some places don't keep the items in stock, and that can take even longer as they have to wait for the items to get to the store that you ordered from before shipping to you.

Most of my stuff has only been taking a couple of weeks, but I have been waiting on some doll shoes for over a month.

15. I've had 3 things shipped into me into the USA via DHL now, and haven't had to pay taxes or "import fees" on any of them.

One of them was totally a goof up though... I bought a Soul Doll on Dollyteria. Not much information listed, and Dollyteria has bad photos, so I'm like, excellent, this doll is cheap, and I need an MSD body.

DHL charged me FIFTY USD to ship it. $50.

Turns out it was an old Soul Doll Double boy... so it was freaking SD sized, and that was at least part of the reason I got charged $50. :doh

16. Still waiting on an order of doll clothing from Austria to me in the US that was shipped at the beginning of April. I contacted the seller and she’s contacting her post to do an inquiry on it, but that will take another month or two just to hear back. Hopefully it will show up at some point. I have another order from the same seller from the beginning of May that I haven’t received, but I’m waiting on a bunch of other stuff from others sellers from May, so I’m not too concerned about that one yet.

17. One of my packages has arrived since I last posted. Two of them are still trapped in limbo and they're still not on the USPS site...

18. I received my Myoudoll package today finally! She was shipped from China via EMS on the second week of May and she arrived in my country (Finland) last week. Quite a journey but I’m happy and relieved to finally have my doll!

19. Not sure what you mean by forwarder... I did contact USPS, but they said the tracking numbers are not valid, even though they were scanned into and out of customs and the one package was scanned again after that. I can see the scans on the foreign site, but USPS is no help.

20. Hooo boy my package from Russia finally has arrived to the states!! Now... fingers crossed it arrives here safely. As well as my other package, because it still hasn't moved.