1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus concerns mega-thread

Jan 21, 2020

1. Going along with the common thread. By the time your dolls have been shipped, gone through customs and reached you, any virus clinging to them will be dead. 48 hours alone at room temperature should generally be plenty of time to wipe the little suckers out. I understand your fear, but it is groundless. Get your discontinued heads so that you don't regret the loss - they're not going to kill you. :sweat

2. If the disease commonly spread easily through mail, every single person working in American manufacturing facilities and mailrooms would have it - the latter from the packages and the former from what’s in them, since American manufacturing uses mostly Chinese materials. You should be much more worried about getting the flu from the person who delivers the package.

3. I'm not worried about it to be honest. Viruses can't live long outside of the human body and it takes typically over a month for my Chinese orders to reach me. Any virus would be long dead by then. If I were really being paranoid I'd leave the package in the back of my closet for a little while longer before opening it. Or wear some gloves and give my item a good washing. But that's a little much in my opinion.

**Edit a couple weeks later**

On second thought I'm holding off on ordering anything from China. Not because I'm worried I'll catch something but because everything is experiencing delays thanks to quarantines and evacuations. I'd rather wait than have to deal with a delay after placing an order. I feel bad for the sellers taking a hit right now because everyone is afraid but even the postal system is being affected from what I've heard.

#23 emanresu, Jan 24, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    4. It’s past the time ACBJD said they’d ship my order and they still haven’t done so. I have sent them three emails regarding this order already and I don’t wanna bother them further. But now a question came to my mind. What if the waiting time is being extended due to Coronavirus? I don’t know if Alices Collections is based in China, but many of the companies they offer are. Is this a real worry I should have or not?
      Thank you.

5. I was thinking the same! I sent bjd head to China nearly 22 days ago by 1st class and looks like China still didnt renew the tracking code. They had New Year thought that extends the wait times too, but I guess Coronavirus is the case as well =((

6. Yes. I’m waiting for my Taobao agent to ship out an order and I was told by them yesterday that the postal service is down due to the virus. At least the order is still at their office and not in transit somewhere.

7. Yeah the holiday plus the virus has definitely slowed my doll to a halt for a few weeks. But it finally started moving again yesterday so I’m hopeful the clothes I ordered from acbjd will be coming along soon too.

8. I have a doll that I purchased (in stock) but could not be shipped out because of the Lunar New Year and now, coronavirus (understandable).

I do have a doll that will ship on Monday as confirmed by their courier company. We will see if this happens.

I was told by my preferred agent that some companies like Doll Chateau won't be back to work until mid-February.

9. I read that the outbreak caused the Chinese government to extend the official CNY holiday to keep people off the streets, so yes, it’s probably causing delays. Gentle reminder though that maybe we worry about the actual people affected by the virus before we worry about wait times extending.

10. I'm on the same boat with you, waiting for my order from ACBJD.

Well, it can't help if it's delay due to Coronavirus. I believe that ACBJD based in China //Sigh

Just hope that they will be back soon.

11. I sent an email to ACBJD earlier today and they just responded. They said that yes, their store is indeed being affected by the epidemic and that they’ll start shipping orders again around mid February. But they also were really sweet and offered me in stock items instead of my pre order ones, and said that I didn’t need to pay the price difference ($3). I hope they have a good recovery and come back soon ^^.

12. I can't imagine it's great for the dollmakers in China either, and will probably be hella sick if worse comes to worse. It's an unpleasant surprise for other countries and shipping, but here's hoping the artists abroad get through this outbreak unscathed.

That said, if anyone's hesitating because of this, keep in mind you might be supporting someone in their time of need. So if you love that sculpt from China, go for it.

13. on my taobao agent they have a FAQ for the virus actually. If you need to know how china is doing shipping wise and productions. the big agents are great to follow. I been following Superbuy for news since if they start moving. The rest of the country will soon be moving as well. What they say is mostly related to them but again it gives a good idea.

Top 10 questions about the novel coronavirus - 自由讨论 - Superbuy社区 - Superbuy bbs this is the link to their FAQ about it. It helps understand the situation for mailing and everything honestly.

I agree with buying dolls/stuff in general right now. The loss time from the holidays and the extension to the holiday means loss of time, money, a lot of things. So support your doll artists and clothing makers in china at least. They need it more then ever to battle this epidemic.

Plus wait times in this hobby is long yes. Its frustrating to know it might delay the doll even more. We signed up for these waits by being in this hobby. People health should come first so they can give us the quality dolls we want to get instead of getting less then good dolls. So forgive them a bit as we know how sickness can delay and even make you make mistakes if rushed. Plus you get extra time to keep planning your doll for it's arrival.

14. One of the independent doll artists said in as many words that it's the reason the preorder that should have been arriving by now hasn't yet. I had actually kind of figured as much. I'm not concerned about the extra wait, but I do hope everyone is all right or will be all right.

15. I ordered from Loongsoul on December.... I'm a little worried that the nCoV outbreak may affect the production time.... and I'm also planning to place another order to Charmdoll this Feb 21st.. would that be a good idea? to order during the outbreak? I'll be ordering via ACBJD.com

Also, clothes i ordered back in Dec 25th for my dolls haven't arrived yet too... this is so sad what's going on...

I hope the virus will be conquered soon! Praying for everybody's safety

16. I ordered something on etsy a while back and the shipment is delayed because the people in the shipping plants are out of work for a while. Maybe that could be your situation too?

About the doll, I wouldn’t worry though! Like others have said, it should be fine. By the time you receive it, everything should be solved by then. I hope.

17. My order from Alice arrived last week, so maybe things are moving a little bit?

18. They emailed me saying that all of my items have already arrived at ACBJD, but on my order status it still says “processing”. Is this normal?

19. Sounds like they just received your items and are still processing it? So they probably haven’t changed your order status because they haven’t actually shipped the items to you yet.

They will send you a tracking number when your items are actually shipped and your order status should change then.