1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Cosplaying a Doll?

Dec 28, 2006

1. No, I don't mean painting joints on yourself and standing very inanimately at your next convention!:lol:

I'm talking about people cosplaying a specific outfit/doll.

I've been staring at Petsha's outfit and found myself wanting to make it for myself. Is that strange? ^^;;

I'd also need to seriously work on my flabby tummy before I go trying to wear a midriff baring outfit like Petsha's.:...(

2. Im pretty sure I've seen a picture of some girls cosplaying Lahoo and Camine... hm...
      Mind you, I dont know who they are or anything. haha.
      I'd like to see/hear about this too, actually. 3:

3. O_o I Know Her. <3333

4. The camine and Lahoo cosplayers are awesome! :-P Dream of doll has amazing outfits. I'd definitely cosplay as one of them. Petsha outfit is especially cute.

5. They're really amazing!

6. I actually would love to cosplay Sha :D ^_^ kind of thinking of having my brother in-laws mom help me with it.. she's really awsome when it comes to her making clothing.. she could start a clothing line if she wanted.. all her clothes look like they come from the store.

7. Well currently I'm in the planning stages of making a Volks Cyndy ver2 outfit. My friend thought she kinda looks like me (or not) and I was having trouble coming up with an outfit for sakura-con. Should I post pics once I'm done?

8. Manami i'd love to see the pics once your finished ^_^ :)

9. I know Pegasus Maiden on cosplay.com does original outfits based on dollfies, they are quite cute
      ^__^

10. Oh, you have no idea. Name an outfit, any outfit, and I can guarantee I or someone I know wants it for themselves. :sweat Or a close fascimile. One of my good friends is an avid cosplayer, and she's thinking about it... she's already made several outfits for herself based one dolls she's seen, but I think she may be considering a cosplay of Petsha next year (this year's cosplays are already underway).

11. I'm gonna need alot of white pleather....

T_T That stuff's expensive...

12. My husband keeps saying I need to get this or that doll outfit ... made for me :sweat

13. Here in Brazil we started a thread at our brazilian forum for cosplaying dolls... I was going to do Shall xD but the topic died

14. im right there with you guys on this one.

im planning cosplaying volks emma and liz the another yourself version.

15. My friend and I are cosplaying DOD Sha and Shall :D

We're in the process of making the costumes -- I'll post pictures when we're done!

EDIT: Ah.. I had to add, that we're throwing a Homme Kiril/Ivan cosplay on top of that :sweat
      Eventually, we plan to cosplay every DOD, and some others.

16. My friend and I have been planning to cosplay Sha and Tender Shall for over a year! I never knew other people were already doing this, or that DoD seems to be the most popular brand to cosplay!
      *laugh* we should all get a Doll cosplay group going at a con some day. It would be loads of fun! ^_^ And if anyone had the dolls too, there could be double poses, mini-size / BIG size!

17. Maybe someone could cosplay Uno and the rest of Mistula. That would be cool. :)

18. That'll be so cool. OMG, if I saw Uno in the flesh, I'd die.

19. Someone cosplayed Tender Sha and Tender Shall at the recent comic convention in Malaysia >w<

I didn't know who they were cosplaying but thought they looked familiar^^;
      My friend found out and took their photo tho :3

Quite a good job <3 Good inspiration to other future Doll-cossers <3

http://room304.phpnet.us/misc/tshatshall.jpg

sorry for the small pic >w<
      I can post a bigger one if required