1. Please review the following thread.
    Please review DoA's Rules
    Dismiss Notice

Could the magnets in hands/feet cause damage?

Jan 12, 2012

1. I literally just thought of this. The magnets for my Puki seem weak, and I'm still trying to find where to buy a metal bottlecap for her to stand on. For now though I've been using whatever metal thing I can find. I just thought, if I were to put her on my metal-cased Macbook pro, would it damage the laptop?
    2. I doubt that it would but then you get tech close to magnets you need to be wary.

I know that Obitsu feet CAN defrag hard drives and deactivate credit cards.
    3. Probably not. Modern computers and laptops tend to be fairly well shielded. Also, as far as I know all MacBook pros close using a magnetic clasp and use the magnetic MagSafe power adapters, and these don't cause any damage. Possibly you don't want to stick a powerful magnet right over where the hard drive is, but it shouldn't be a problem.

(Credit cards, on the other hand, can be difficult... I've had magnetic purse snaps erase credit card magnetic strips. Bad times.)
    4. Okay, I didn't want to totally mess up my $900 computer with my $200 doll, sorry Kichou, but the laptop comes first