1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CP Delf Discussion Part 14

Sep 14, 2023

1. My friend was kind enough to show me them, as he knows how obsessed I am with Shiwoos. xD I'm waiting for the finished version preview to see if I'm in real trouble or not. So far I see more Chiwoo in the big one, but I do see Shiwoo in the mnf head! (I adore mnf Shiwoos so much omg..ok I'm just a Shiwoo addict in general haha)

I'm gonna need to see the profile for sure. I love me a good Shiwoo nose. :XD: (and elf...i love elves)

2. Hopefully they'll do a better job with him than they did with that poor pint-sized Lookback Chiwoo...

3. Does anyone know of other hands that fit/good resin match for delf type 2 girls?

4. This is my Lishe, who I've named Nell Fortuna! I'm so pleased with how she looks. I bought her an oldschool CustomHouse body, the newer double-jointed version of which is now owned by Luts as their Senior Delf Type 1 girl body, so it's kinda beautifully full circle for a hybrid. She's so beautiful, and already so special to me. <3

[​IMG]Type 1 Lishe, Lilykoi 2005 faceup by Jules B, on Flickr

Her faceup is by Lilykoi, signed and dated 2005! :o I'm genuinely stunned that it's in such perfect condition. Here's a closer shot of it.

I need to reapply her eyelashes but I have another round of full body dolly spa left to do for stain-treating her body, so for now I've put her back together after a first welcome-home scrub to enjoy her a bit... and also because I had to cut her hands free to unstring her. :sweat This body is so oldschool it doesn't use s-hooks! Her hands were looped with some sort of cotton thread and the threads were tied and knotted around the ends of her arm elastic! I've heard of such a thing but never seen it for myself, so at the moment she's handless while I wait for a hook set from VolksUSA to arrive. I had a completely different wine red Leekworld wig picked out for her, but I received the one she's wearing as a Christmas gift and I couldn't be more delighted with how it brings out the lighter purple tones of her faceup!

I bought her as a present to myself to celebrate three months of freedom and counting from an abusive relationship. Looking at her and her unique, vibrant face reminds me to be strong, and that I (and everybody else!) deserve to enjoy what I love and what makes me special. It feels only right to mark a hard-won milestone with a truly one of a kind special girl.

5. She is beautiful and so special. I can see why you love her so much!

That is interesting about the lack of S-hooks! I had a Shiwoo (now sold) that arrived to me with his elastic tied directly to his headcap and it was a nightmare. I couldn't take his head off to change his clothes until the S-hook I ordered arrived. S-hooks definitely needed! :lol:

Congrats on getting out of an abusive relationship, and your message about deserving to enjoy what you love is a really important one and so true! I'm so happy for you that you found such a special girl to celebrate it with and thank you for sharing her <3

6. That's so special @Mamo! She's beautiful! I love seeing Lishes and I can see how loved she is, it's truly wonderful to hear that she is your gift for such a good thing. ♡

I hope everyone had a great holiday! Does anyone know of other hands that are good for delf girls? In resin/size/hooks?

[​IMG]Pink Happiness by Emily, on Flickr

Here's some post-Christmas pink for you guys too! ♡

7. I told myself no new dolls for the foreseeable future until everyone who's already here has bodies but who can resist a fairly cheap whole El ;) I've really missed having an El around so I'm very excited to get this guy

8. @SacredMonsoon as far as resin match goes, most companies these days are doing a very washed out pale pink and calling it NS. You may have the best luck with an older pair with a more saturated tone or blushing to match. I've seen hybrids with CP Delf heads on older Volks bodies, as the resins tended to mellow closer together to be a pretty good match. My NS girl is on a very old CustomHouse body, and the color match is decent but not perfect. Both my Delf girls are already hybrids, so I can't help fit test or measure for hooks unfortunately. Good luck with your search!!

9. I saw her on the marketplace- so glad she found a good home! Congrats!

10. Took Celandine with me to my parents' house for Christmas so I could photograph this drawing I did of her at age 14:

[​IMG]

And attempt to replicate it! Teenage me did not understand how single-jointed dolls work- or don't work, as the case may be.

[​IMG]

11. Aww that's so sweet! I love Celandine's soft classic look, it reminds me of when I first saw Lishe and knew I had to have her ♡

12. Thanks! She's going off for a new faceup soon; I don't hate her current look, but a few things about it aren't quite what I'd like. The doe-eyes with the dropped lower lashes, the over-blushed nose, and the close-set brows, mostly. But I don't intend to fully take her to the default DES faceup look either!

13. Finally getting around to actually putting this modded Chiwoo together that I recently acquired. He's definitely going to need a new faceup as this one is definitely aged and not remotely what I want for him but at least it's easier to visualize with some form of faceup. And also pictured is a shot of the other Chiwoo/Shiwoo shelf where hopefully he will also be able to fit in once I string his body!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. omg @SuperShawol the DELF SHELF, i love it. Congrats on the handsome boy, what a great addition!

My S-hook set from Volks arrived today, and I ended up being unable to use it. The old CH body she's on has very weird channels in her wrist joint, and even if I were to get pliers and bend the hooks out of shape there'd be no safe way to get it all done without damaging her. So I just decided to tie them back on more or less like they were in the first place with cotton yarn. :XD::sweat

[​IMG]2005 CP Delf Lishe, Nell all back together! by Jules B, on Flickr
      I still need to re-glue her eyelashes, but for now it's so lovely to have her fully put together! I need to sew or order a fun circus dress for her, I've got a sort of ringmastery, clowny vibe in mind for her to match her whimsical faceup. :D

15. I love your girl @Mamo! She just looks so happy ♡ I think that's what I love about Lishe, they're such a happy sculpt! ♡ Do you plan to sew for her? I'm getting back into sewing this year!

@SuperShawol DELF SHELF! YES! Love your crew, congrats on the new Chiwoo! ♡

[​IMG]Floof by Candy Hearts Sugar Stars Stories, on Flickr

Here's some of Feather from a recent story! I think I love layering her clothing right now! ♡

16. @SacredMonsoon thank you!! I think I'd like to make her some dresses, I'd had a sort of spooky dark EGL color scheme in mind for her wardrobe, but this wig has sort of turned that plan on its side lol! So I might see what brighter, lighter colors I have to work with that would be more complementary to the more pastel sort of look she's got going for her now. I have some ruffled, pre-layered pink tulle I might make an overskirt or dress out of, to go along with the absolutely adorable Dollmore dress I've got her in now. I still haven't unpacked much of my dolly stuff from the unexpected September move, apart from my dolls themselves. So I've got some other basics she could wear and a lot of fabric I'd been excited to work with but who knows where any of it is lmfao, it's all in storage right now. The pink tulle I know where it is though, come to think of it, so thank you for getting that idea going for me!

I love the layered look on Feather, she's looking comfy cozy cute!

17. @Mamo Your Lishe is just beautiful...I have a Lishe painted by Jaydolls on the older CH body too - it's such a good fit...

Here's a photo of Lily...taken when I first put her together...
      [​IMG]

18. @Alice80 she's so gorgeous!!! What a versatile sculpt Lishe is, all our girls are so unique! :fangirl:

19. Lovely Lishe @Alice80! Such a sweet faceup! ♡
      I agree with you @Mamo! Our girls are all so different, its amazing to see Lishe's versatility! I hope you share what you sew for your girl! I am going to start sewing again too, but in a lil bit so I'm hoping to buy Feather a few small things off Etsy, but Snow is getting her body early Feb so I'm planning a lot for her right now! ♡