Creators that you can't find anymore.

Oct 2, 2020

1. Hello all, it's been a long time since I've posted anything to DOA so hopefully, this is in the right spot. Quarantine has reignited my passion for dolls and doll content in general. I wanted to ask you all if you have any content creators you all miss in the hobby because I've noticed the BJD community on youtube seems a lot smaller than it was in previous years as well as a number of etsy shops I enjoyed have either stopped selling things or seemingly dropped off of the face of the earth. There are some content creators that I enjoyed but I can't remember their online handles so I can't even check if they are still making content. Does anyone else share this sentiment? I know that I personally really miss Feerie Doll atelier on Etsy, but I can't find any currently active accounts up for her. Do you all have anyone who you followed previously that you miss seeing on your social media feeds, if so please let me know.

2. eclipse21, the wig maker. I don't know where they went. :(

3. She actually moved on to printing her own prints and making (human) kimonos! This is her store: https://www.3magpiesstudio.com/
      She also mentioned getting back into dolls but I'm not sure how that went. You can follow her on Instagram: Login • Instagram :)

4. This largely predates social media, buf I miss looking at the work of Anu from Tensiya. She used to do Dollshe's faceup and styling work as well as make beautiful LE clothes. I couldn't read Japanese but i loved checking in on her blog :(

5. There have been a few Etsy sellers who either have an empty shop or are on ‘vacation’ and have been long past their listed return date that I’d really like to shop with again!

6. Thank you so much for letting me know. That's really cool that she's making her own prints and kimonos. I hope she comes back and sells some of her doll clothes because she's incredibly talented. I completely understand if she doesn't though, as she has no obligation to come back if she doesn't want to.

7. I've noticed a cutback in the amount of BJD YouTube content, even over the past couple of years. When I first started watching BJD content, Anne Pecaro and PintSizedPalace were still regularly uploading, and I'm sure there are other creators I didn't hear of in time that have disappeared too. I suspect the focus of the BJD community is shifting from YouTube to Instagram, and it wouldn't surprise me if TikTok gained more popularity with BJD collectors over the next few years.

8. I miss the BJD webcomic, "Acrylic Eyes." I just checked the website again for the first time in a while and the last update was... over a year ago :sweat There are probably some etsy shops, too, but I don't recall names.

9. I’ve been out of the hobby for a while but yes I noticed many of the Etsy shops are just gone. Miema was one of my favorites for dal/pullip clothes. Wish she did larger doll sizes (unless she does but I followed more on Etsy long ago). I followed some on Flickr too. Just got away from it but it feels like many just aren’t there.

10. So I see a few people recognize eclipse21's name, does anyone know what happened to them? Last I heard, they were stopping commissions so that they could focus on personal projects, but then they just disappeared altogether. D: