1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creatures dolls - Bactro by Mewiefish

Oct 11, 2013

1. So adorable. I love the grabby-hands. :D

2. I love MewieFish's dolls so much. I wish I could afford one. They are so unique and have their own beauty. She does an awesome job on their faceups and body blushing too. I love seeing other people's pictures of them. Quells my need for one a bit, haha.

3. Absolutely in love with the faces and big hands on these dolls. x

4. thank you so much everybody ^^
      this is a picture of bactro one of my friend made, i love it ^^

[​IMG]

5. the bactro are absolutely incredible dolls,
      they pose beautifully.
      their strangeness is fascinating,
      like all creations of mewifish.

6. Aww, she's gorgeous ​DollZwize!

7. This doll have stolen my hart completely.. And I would give just about anything to own one :aheartbea

8. What kind of "creature" would you call these? They're super cute!!

9. Oh gosh, she's beautiful takuya_angel!

Court_baker - I'm pretty sure Bactro is a frog. Well, she looks that way to me.

10. Yes i also think they are realy close to frog :)
      This one is no longer mine but i got a green one. But something tell me tjat you will soon see her again here ;)

11. Hi :D
      I wanted to ask ~ what size wig and eyes does Bactro take?

Thank you

12. I was able to get my Bactro into some 7-8" wigs. Her head's closer to the 8" range, though - some of the 7-8" wigs were too small, some were just snug, but the 8-9" wigs were too big. Her head shape isn't like a human doll, though, so it makes it a little more difficult to find a wig that sits properly. I had some wigs that fit, but just didn't sit right.

This is a 7-8" For My Doll wig and it had enough stretch to work pretty well, though it was still snug:
      [​IMG]
      Seonag
      by DoctorFomite, on Flickr

It's been a while since I fiddled with eyes, but I believe my conclusion was that 20mm would be best. I have a bunch of 18mm eyes, and as I recall, they could leave just a bit of gapping. Her eyewells are also shallow, so eyes with high domes really didn't work well. I had been considering hunting down some silicone eyes for my girl, but never got around to it, as the glass eyes she came with suit her. (I bought her secondhand, so I'm not sure if they were default, or something the seller picked out.)

13. Malaryush: Thank you for telling me the sizing for her wigs and eyes! She sounds like such an interested size and I can't wait to see her in person! For clothes, do you find she fits yosd tops and msd bottoms? I ask cuz I noticed she is kinda smaller looking than a minifee in to bust/torso.

14. In the above picture, she's wearing a MSD-size dress from Alice's Collections, but it had to be pinned in the back and it was still baggy. My girl usually wears a corset from Raouken, which I believe I was told was the size for the Cerisedolls classic body. It's an excellent fit for her.

Based on that, I expect you're right - Yo-size tops might work and MSD-size bottoms. However, I've never actually tried any Yo-size tops on her because of her arms & hands - the hands are so big, you'd have to take them off to put her in anything that isn't sleeveless. It was a tight fit getting them through the straps on that white dress.

15. Ok dokie, thank you for all your help! :D

16. She's very pretty Malaryush! I like that wig on her. :)

17. There are not enough Bactro in the world!

18. Too true, tuneful87. I wish Bactro would be re-released!!!