1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CuartosDolls

Aug 8, 2016

1. I would if I could afford it. Sadly the AUD is so bad it's just not worth it. All I can hope is that Hecate is not limited.

2. Only the special price is limited, I'm pretty sure.

3. Oh I dearly hope so! I'd love a wolf in my collection one day.

4. It's got more dog features than wolf per se... The forehead stop, the big open ears, probably chest width, and so on. edit: Okay now I look again I can kinda see it as a wolf. You could totally make one a dog though too.

Annnd I took the plunge at last and ordered a Bronze darkhorn.

#184 Rosslyn, Oct 16, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    5. I feel Hecate could probably work both ways depending on resin colour.

6. I ordered a black Hecate on layaway. I never thought there'd be a wolf BJD! She's gonna be the shifted form of my werewolf doll Emie. I've been looking into custom art dolls etc. kinda half-heartedly for years.

I can't wait to get her, she is so beautiful!

7. I was also really excited about this because I'be been trying to sculpt my own wolf bjd for years, but I'm never happy with what I make and it's not really progressing... But unfortunately I'm really disappointed in her. She's got more of a dog anatomy than wolf -even I can see it, though I'm not an expert. And I just don't find her as polished as Cuartos dragons are. I feel like she could've done better with the detailing and jointing at the very least, since nebo already has better joints (mostly the legs) than darkhorn, and I was expecting that kind of care put into Hecate. Also, she's not big enough for the wolf I'd need, but since she's quite close I'm hoping someone will some day make a big wolf. Though, I'm very close to giving in and getting a custom art doll, like @Safira mentioned (also been looking into them for a while). Maybe I'll even prefer the fur then, because Hecate's fur isn't sculpted all around... even that addition would make her better. Her middle bits are too smooth compared to the neck and shoulders where there's more sculpted fur.

I'm impressed by the size and the fact that she went for a big dog, but very much underwhelmed by the result. I wish I wasn't because then I wouldn't have to look anymore, but when it comes to wolves, I'm really picky. :I

8. Ooh congratulations @Safira! You'll have to share photos when she arrives! :D

9. I asked about Hectate because I'm also interested in her.

Reply from the creator:

"Hi!

Hecate is not limited, you can buy her whenever you would like. Don’t worry :)
      Also I always accept layaways up to 10 months."

I'm going to order her in a custom color as soon as I get the chance to. Hopefully in January. I put all my other BJD plans on hold for this wolf.

10. The Zeev wolf head is sculpted the same way when it comes to the fur. But with the right painting and blushing you can make Hecate look great even without sculpted fur all around :)

This link shows how amazing Zeev looks after painting and blushing. Wolven

11. Hi!
      Let me join with my dragon named Sting ^^
      [​IMG]

12. I received my darkhorn a few days ago, and I adore him!!! Can't stop taking pictures :love![​IMG] [​IMG]

13. @manabusama - Oh that's excellent news! I used a layaway back when I bought my Darkhorn years and years ago and she let me do a two month layaway at that point. An extra month would have been better, but she was fantastic either way.

@Sion - Ooh I love his eyes! :D They're so piercing!

@MJKKJM - What a gorgeous colour scheme! Is that the colour of the resin alone or has he been blushed too?

14. He's been blushed by Cuartos :) His original resin color is shimmery blue, and I asked for silver and burgundy blushing!

15. That's fantastic! :D Cuartos did an amazing job!

16. @Sion , @MJKKJM they look gorgeous!! I love both their resins!

I've just gotten my bronze darkhorn but I havent had a chance to blush him yet. I can't decide what kind of effects I want to use, maybe a light green verdigris patina on the spines? Or metallic highlights in a brighter bronze? What do you guys think?

17. @Rosslyn - Ooh a patina on his spines would look awesome!

18. Hello everyone! I did not know we have a thread for Cuartosdolls hahah oops.. Well, I got something yesterday so take a look for more pics if you are interested in this pretty wolf <3
      https://denofangels.com/threads/bjd...e-black-with-both-heads.797498/#post-12612409 Also many congrats to all who ordered one, you'll be amazed by her grace! :D and those who are not impressed and prefer to sculpt their own wolf instead, best of luck... Cuarto has set the bar very high with this masterpiece so I absolutely can not wait to see more wolves ;)

[​IMG]

#198 Adalwolf, Feb 13, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    19. Wolf!Madison, my Hecate, also arrived yesterday... and like any unusually-jointed and balanced doll, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with positioning her (Mine's back legs in particular are very tightly strung and have a habit of snapping back into the folded position, in spite of locking ridges on the leg joints, if the tail is raised and the hips aren't positioned in *exactly* the right way-), but Ada's right. Over-all she is a very graceful poser once you have her figured out. Plus, she really is a good size to match the Volks SD17 I intend to keep her with.

The post office seriously did a number on her in transit, though. She came in a wooden box that ended up being completely smashed, and a thumbnail-sized chunk of resin was broken off of the lower edge of the top neck segment. I'll be emailing Cuarto today to see what they recommend with that... I can probably glue it back in place since the break is clean, but I'm not sure how stable the fix would be given the pressure put on the neck parts. o_0

20. I'm very tempted to get her myeslf, but at the moment I'll have to wait.