1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CuartosDolls

Aug 8, 2016

1. I had the same issues as Yenna in regards to the jaw hanging open like it had been dislocated. I used a little dark coloured eye putty stuck into the back of the neck and that works a charm.

2. @Yenna and @Quiet and Insane

Thank you both! I don't have a bjd with a jaw yet, so I'm not sure what to expect when I do. Not that a loose jaw would stop me from getting a darkhorn, I like them too much for that. Though I think I'd just about have a heart attack if my dragon fell to pieces like yours did Yenna. D:

3. There is a slight chance that the stringing used by Cuartos will fray over time. She uses the elastic flossing that jewelers use and the wear and tear of the joints is just too much. I've not restrung my Darkhorn yet, but I will be doing it sometime this year without a doubt and I intend on making a full tutorial out of it.

4. That's good to know, thank you. And I'll look forward to your re-stringing tutorial when you finally get it up!

5. It will come...eventually! :lol: I first need elastic that is both thin enough and strong enough to hold him together.

6. That's the hardest part, imo. I bought two different strength elastics for mine (can't remember what widths right now, though). The thinner one was too flimsy for holding any poses and the thicker one required some very creative stinging for the legs to make it fit through them. It took me literally hours to re-string her because of that. Way to make a 10 minute job needlessly difficult. :'D

7. I suppose if all else fails I can just use more of the jewelry flossing, and just replace it every couple of years of so.

8. Congrats on ordering your dragon @Squeek of the North. I always think of dragons as traditionally being green. I look forward to seeing yours.

Great photo of your dragon @Yenna. I last heard from Cuarto in November when she said my Mobius was ready but it would take another 3 weeks to make my Darkhorn and she would send them out together. I wrote to her last week as there has been no further messages and I have not got a reply yet. I hope she is just on a holiday or something and gets back to me soon.

9. Just got my shipping notice for both Mobius and Darkhorn. Getting all excited now :)

10. Yay! Can't wait to see them!

11. **laughs** I wonder if there was a multiple mail out, as I also received a shipping notice for my own Darkhorn today. I am so excited!

12. Ooh that's exciting! :D

13. Squee! He's in the country now! And I am getting a 1-3 business days delivery turn around message.

14. I really need to go check tracking now! This is getting exciting!

15. [​IMG]
      Look who arrived today!

The colour photographs brighter than it appears in person, which I had thought would be an even brighter shade, but still looks very fetching.
      He is kinda loose so I do think I will be giving him a full restring as well as some sueding, plus I have to attach his open eyed head, which was a surprise as I had only ordered that. Can't seem to get his jaw open though.
      The composition is really amazing and beautiful. Just a stunning piece of work that I am so glad to be able to see and hold at last.

16. He's beautiful! <3

17. Congratulations! He's a perfect moss color. :D They do tend to come a little flimsy from cuartos and usually need some work. The hook might also be in a weird position somehow which could be preventing his jaw from opening. Taking off his will probably show the issue, and since you'll be changing the heads you'll have a chance to fiddle with it. I didn't like the hook cuartos put in him originally, so I made my own from some wire and it works better -for both my dragons.

How long did it take for Cuartos to make him?

18. Ooh he is gorgeous. What is his name?

19. @Squeek of the North - Eee~ congratulations! :D He's very pretty. I only ordered the open eyed head too - I guess they come together? There might be some eye putty on the inside of his jaw, I know there was for my little guy.

20. Congratulations on his arrival @Squeek of the North . He looks wonderful!
      I am getting so excited as mine should be home soon too. I didn't know you get the two heads. Oh I really hope I don't have to restring mine. It looks like I may have a few projects to work on if I do.