1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CuartosDolls

Aug 8, 2016

1. I'm happy to help fiddle around if parts need changing @Kavarr. Everything is quite tiny and awkward to work with.

2. Any chance you have photos of the wire hook you set up? Not having his mouth be able to open and close is somewhat disheartening, since I want so much to let him "bite." Did you replace the string your dragons came with too?

Esmer keeps coming to mind, so I think that will stick.

Guess so! Pretty thrilled about getting both heads. I really want to switch the two though, but the rhinestones aren't really doing it for me. Wondering what other options I could use; maybe some beads I guess?
      Also it's daunting to try disassembling the little guy.

3. Thanks @Quiet and Insane. I am so glad you already have one and can give me a hand if needed :)

I think beads would be a good and inexpensive option @Squeek of the North. I bought a packet for $2 and it has 250 mixed colour beads in it for my Mobius and may grab some smaller ones if I don't like the rhinestones for my darkhorn.

4. @Squeek of the North - Beads would be a great option. Oh don't worry, I'm just as nervous about pulling apart my little guy to restring him. :eek:

@Kavarr - You're quite welcome. :)

5. Just checked tracking and it looks like they are going to be here tomorrow! Prepare to be spammed. For now just hoping I can get there eyes in etc... I am so excited as I don't even have a pic of how my Darkhorn's custom colour turned out.

6. Omg that's super exciting! :D

7. They are here!!! :dance:dance:dance

I used beads for Jormungand's eyes and I like the way they look. I will try a bit of blushing but i'm pretty darn happy (as is Loki) with just the black atm.

[​IMG]

As for Lysanders fire lizard (we are still debating his name) he completely blew me away. I asked for a pale grey translucent resin with rainbow glitter and it has come out perfect. I was also lucky he arrived with the open eye head attached and the sleeping one which I had not ordered. I was able to put his eyes in through his mouth. I have not put his wings on yet but he is stunning <3

[​IMG]

8. Good to hear he came strung with the open eyed head on. :) That resin is just amazing! :D And Jormungand is a cutie!

9. They're both so wonderful! <3

10. Thanks! I am so in awe of them. Cuarto has really made some works of art with all our critters :)

11. Wowzers that is an incredible colour/sparkle job! Looks like he would be more beautiful to take in in person with the sunlight hitting him.

12. Thanks, it is more stunning in person. I took this pic of his wing to show how translucent it is:

[​IMG]

13. I decided to change the Darkhorn torso over to the one you can attach the wings to. Well don't laugh, it took me several hours (I have never done restringing on anything smaller than 65cm so my trusty boot laces were of no use) to do and I have not even attempted to attach the wings. The elastic stringing is the size of dental floss (that's what I used to pull it through) and doubled over four times. It was a learning experience and I am going to get some slightly larger elastic for in the future as this stuff stretches easily and he is a bit loose now. He still stands fine and with the new torso he is longer than before. I am still in complete awe at what an amazing creation these are.

[​IMG]

14. Sorry for being so late. But yeah, I just took some sturdy wire and bended it into a long S-hook shape. Long enough that when the jaw is in place, the hook is fully visible and I can just pull the elastic loop and attach it to the hook. And yeah, I changed the string to regular doll string... 2mm maybe... or 1,5mm I can't remember anymore. I bought several different strengths and experimented with what fit the best.

[​IMG]
      Don't mind the piece of pliver, it's there to give a little extra grip for the jaw.

@Kavarr, Congratulations on your arrivals~ I feel your pain with the wing stringing, though. Mine needed some interesting adjustments to make them able to pose and not just droop all over the place.

15. @Yenna That's a nice workaround. But I still don't understand how the jaw attaches, it's been something I've off and on wondered about. Are there magnets, or is something else involved?

16. @Gorgonbones It doesn't necessarily "attach". It has a hole that you put the s-hook through and it gets squished between the head and the neck once the doll is strung. That way it's not a stationary piece and you can move it.

17. Just as Yenna said there's a little hole in the jaw piece that you thread the hook though when you connect it to the head and the elastic. The pressure between the head and the first neck piece holds the jaw in place, but allows it to move around and open/close. I use a little eye putty in mine for extra grip and holding power in my poses. Sort of like sueding I guess.

18. Not easy to explain @Gorgonbones but the stringing and s hook pass through the lower jaw and then the s hooks on to the upper jaw. It is kind of hard to get a good picture of it. I hope this helps a bit.

[​IMG]

#99 Kavarr, Mar 1, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    19. Ooh that's actually a good photo!