1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CuartosDolls

Aug 8, 2016

1. Chameleon colors have an interference medium in the resin that makes them look different shades depending on the direction light hits them.

Infinity, the gold one here, is a Chameleon. She's actually made of a reddish base resin. The green/gold.metallic shades are the interference powder that's mixed in.

[​IMG]

Her brother, Eternity, is a midnight blue Cosmic.

2. Ooh well that's that mystery solved! They're both beautiful! :D

3. Thanks so much guys!! I hadn't checked back on DoA for a few days and didn't realize there were multiple answers to my questions, I really appreciate it!

Gosh, what a marvelous creature!! Thank you for the kind explanation about the chameleon color!!

#163 MJKKJM, May 23, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2018
    4. The first Nebo's are arriving now. :3

I got mine (and a friends') this morning. I haven't decided on a name or a gender yet and I think s/he needs some paints as well:
      [​IMG]

5. Oh my goodness, how beautiful! :D That resin looks just gorgeous.

6. My two big babies are still stuck in customs, but I hope they get here soon! O'm fawning over the other Nebos that are arriving at their homes now, haha.
      @Yenna - did your box went directly to you? Or do you have to go to a custom office?

7. Thanks. :3 I painted mine and while I was trying to emphasize that the horns are white while s/he's pale grey, they ended up looking too pale. So, I still need to fix the horn colour (but this might do for a meet up tomorrow, depending on my energy levels tonight). I also have plans to at least try some other things for the first official shoot, but I didn't have time for those today.

[​IMG]

@meanae We used to have to go to the customs office, but a few years ago they implemented an electronic system, so we process the customs declaration and payment online and then they release the packages back to the postal service. Thank lord, because the opening times were crap and the office was always in some backwater place that was hard to reach by bus, and then you had to wait there forever, open the package, bring paperwork, explain what's inside and ugh...

8. That is interesting about the chameleon colours @Brightfires. Your two are both gorgeous.
      Your dragon looks stunning @Yenna. I love that resin colour and your blushing looks wonderful too. I am very tempted to put a Nebo on layaway. I love pearly white but some of the other colours would be amazing also. I am in danger (of buying one) when I decide on a colour that I want.

9. Nebo's on my wish list too! :D I definitely think you should get one. ;)

10. Say, is the 15cm height for Darkhorn the height at the shoulder or head, and if not for the shoulder, what is that height? Considering steeds for a 15 cm tiny.

11. At the shoulder it's about 8-9cm and the 15cm is the height when the head is really high up.. mine usually doesn't stand that way and is shorter than that. The third photo in this set has a 14-15cm tiny (azone picco neemo) riding it.

12. Excellent! :evilplot: Thank you!

13. @Kavarr I'm in the same boat, though I'll have to hold out until next year. The Darkhorns I've been able to resist, barely, but Nebo is just cranked up to eleven in every way. The white is gorgeous, but @Brightfires lovely chameleon dragon has me wondering what other color combos might look like. Dangerous waters...

14. Seeing the owner pics/box openings going up is just making the urge stronger!!! I keep picturing all the wonderful colour combinations and it's mind boggling. I love that Cuarto make such amazing custom resins. I have other things I need to pay atm but she is also offering layaways!!!

15. I just wish there were more/better images of what the various colors would look like, especially the interference/Chameleon colors.

16. Yes, I agree, the colour charts need to be updated and expanded.

17. I think the reason she doesn't update them is that she can do basically any color - if you want something specific, I'd suggest asking her directly :) I ordered my Nebo in a pretty opaque minty-green with some very (very, very) light gold shimmer, and it came out perfectly - not to mention ketars icy blue transparent spikes <3

By the way! Guess who got here :D
      [​IMG]

18. I really don't like snakes, but I am considering getting Mobius in silver color, what a great way to scare hubby, but then again he might think it is real and try to be-head it:eek:

19. Ho my gosh it's HUGE!! congrats!

Yeah my trouble is that I can't decide on which colors I want, or to go with glitter or no glitter, or what the chameleon effect might look like, and what colors that comes in and so on, and on...
      Do I want greens? Do I want golden bronzey reds and coppers? I don't knowwww. I do keep ogling the Bronze color. So earthy, so glowing.

#179 Rosslyn, Oct 14, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    20. Is anyone getting that new wolf she's made? I want one so bad, but I've got to wait until next year, at least.