1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

*curious* Do you send free gifts?

Sep 22, 2009

1. I know there is a do you receive free gifts thread, but i was curious how many of us send out little extra's with their personal sales.

I myself always try to add a little extra, depending on the price spend: a pair of eyes, a wig or cute stationary. something like that.

So far I think I have shipped only two parcels without something extra, in one occasion because the wait of the envelope was 48 grams and even adding a sticker made shipment more expensive and another time when i just forgot to put it in the parcel.

2. Once in a while I'll send free gifts, mainly hair snaps if I know, from the owner, the doll wears such things. :)

3. I really like to, but I don't have much to give. I will buy little cake shaped erasers to send sometimes with bigger purchases. If I had many extra eyes and clothes I would love to send a gift to everyone I sent a package to.

I will always send a note though. It's very important to me, to show the buyer I appreciate them. <3 I buy special note pads just for sending notes in my packages. It's fun. I know I always am happy when I get a gift or note in my packages, so I really like to do the same for others. :D

4. I have a lot in the past. But it all depends on if I have anything extra around to give. That's really sweet about the nots iSparrow :3 I like that.

5. I always write a note and send candy to someone. Especially if they aren't from the USA, I send them them american candy. Sometimes if I'm at the Asian grocery store, I buy japanese candy to send to people too. : ) I've done that a couple of times. I mostly send DumDum suckers, I've sent a hair ribbon too.

6. I usually put in some candy for small packages and always a thank-you note, but when I shipped out a full doll I put in an extra pair of glass eyes and a hoodie too, because I shipped it one day later than I thought I would...so I felt bad, and wanted to include some freebies as compensation of sorts! xD;;;

7. I send little notes to my buyers to show my appreciation, and when if I have little things to give, I might give the small little gifts. It depends. XD

8. I always try to send a note, and I sometimes add a little gift, maybe a little mochi cake or some other type of goodie. I gave someone free shipping once as an apology for sending their package late. :sweat

Amalia

9. I think I would try to send a gift or two. Depends on the room left in the box and how much money I have.

10. I think I always have sent at least candy or something. Sometimes a doll size plushie, fabric or a clothing item. The last thing I sent was a pair of kelly shoes for a puki doll.

11. Sometimes I do, it depends on what I have on hand. But I really do like to. I know I always enjoy it when people send me extra goodies, and I assume other people will too. So I try to. :)

12. I do, usually. And depends on what I'm sending. Sometimes it's a bit of cheapy jewelry, promoting my jewelry making. It depends on what I have laying around my office. I do it for artist alleys. Right now I have ninjas ("bag ninja!") and kazoos. I was going to get some Halloween themed items for Yaoicon since it's held on Halloween. Kind of a "trick or treat" thing.

13. I've never sent free-gift items. Candies are something I've thought of, but I would hate to send something, add a few candies and then have them melt or something stupid like that and ruin the item. Has this ever happened to anyone? D:

14. For large purchases I had a bag full of doll-sized treats, usually from party favor packages in big box stores, but I've since run out and orders have been small lately so there hasn't been a reason to restock them. The flat rate priority boxes made it easier to send these since adding in a little extra weight didn't make a difference. When I ship first class at a buyer's request, I don't add anything that will increase the weight since they're paying for it. :)

I've never been able to do it myself (I always pack last minute), but I love receiving parcels with notes in them on fun stationery.

15. I have thought of that before and I always put both items in separate ziploc bags.

edited : I have never had anyone complain about the extra item or colors changing or etc...

16. Sometimes.
      I try to send a note or some candy because it always makes my day when other people do it for me.

I don't always have the time to though..

17. I've only sold one thing, and didn't have anything to send, but in future I hope to include a little something whenever possible. I've come here from BPAL collecting (that's Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) where it's really odd NOT to get something extra - sometimes there I've gotten more gifts than actual items, so when I first started buying doll things and there were no extras in the packages I had to stop a moment and think "Oh yeah, this isn't BPAL, duh!". I do really appreciate it the times I've gotten little extras - once I bought a head and got a gorgeous wig as an extra!

I think little extras are wonderful and thoughtful. Not a requirement or expectation, but they brighten the day a little when they're there.

18. So far, I've put a Japanese candy or a little blooming tea blossom in the packages I've sent, I think its cute and I know I would be happy if I got that as an extra :D

19. I do because I love little surprises and I think that the people who buy from me will to, I like to send, crafting supplies or some thing that I think is "perfect" to send a long like a couple of hair clips is I know a partiular wig the bought loves to fly everywhere.

20. ive tried to do this with everything ive sent out. if i didnt it was because i was in a huge hurry and mailed it from work (even then i have managed to include something most times). i just think its nice to get free gifts in the mail, so i try to give them too....

some things ive sent: buttons, pencils, novelty erasers (i think i sent a brain once XD), hair clips, necklaces (both for dolls), little plushies, hello kitty toys. i may have done candy but i really dont remember XD