1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom House (AiDolls) Petite Ai 30cm and Ange Ai 27cm Discussion Part 3

Jun 25, 2007

1. I was wondering... what size clothes, wigs and shoes do the petites use? Are there any brands that fit them, since they seem to be a tad bigger than other Yo-SDs.

2. remus.grrrl - I know!! i was so drawn to them, it would be so perfect to have all 3 of them, i especially love the peckish one. :)

Gemma wants to be in this new thread, the newest monochrome photo of her and her best friend Pinkerton the bear. she does have a lot of such photos (black and white) hmmm. maybe it's time for a wig change! :)

[​IMG]
      A tiny gingerbread house and Gemma. by AiClay, on Flickr

3. They are a little bit wider than most other Yo-sized dolls, but it's not as bad to provide for them as some might think.

Wigs
      Petite Ai heads are around 7" around, so you could either do 6-7 wigs for a snug fit (my preferred method), or if you use velcro, you can buy 7-8.

Shoes
      Most Yo-SD shoes are fine. Petite Ai feet are slightly longer, but I've had very few problems finding Yo-sized shoes that fit my Hanael.

Clothes
      There aren't a lot of Petite Ai specific clothiers out there. CheeryDoll still has a small assortment of Petite Ai sized clothing, and Arcadia Dolls does custom orders in that size (though I'm unsure if they resolved the problems they had last year with getting their product out). I've also had some luck buying outfits on Yahoo! Japan auctions, though less so now than in the past.

However(!), Petite Ai fit a lot of clothing for American-made dolls of her size. Maeve's dress pictured above is from Tonner's Ann Estelle line of doll clothes for 10" dolls; the clothes in this line fit her width perfectly, but it's made for slightly shorter legs. I have also heard on good authority that clothes for Helen Kish's Bitty Bethany and Affordable Designs Leeann are a very good fit. A lot of this stuff can be found on ebay.

So, overall, there are a lot of options for Petites. I hope this helps you. :)

4. Yeay, new thread! Celebratory Rosalie spam!
      [​IMG]

nancy, your Raffy is darling indeed. Great start for our new thread. :)

Mustangsally, looking forward to your girl. I don't think we have a Nari around here, yet.

kameo, your girls are plain adorable. Gabys and Hanis make a great team.

clochette, Katie looks so mischievous in that picture. Haha, what a great friend!

remus.grrrl, for a second I thought the triplets were yours and I wanted to ask where you got the adorable outfits. Sigh! They are so pretty. But even if Aidolls sold them at their store, I wouldn't dare buying from them...

jteoaiwei, cute picture of Gemma. Black and white always looks so classy.

5. Hi! It's been so long since I've been here!! I've had my dolls neglected for almost a year but I've been doing a few tries at doing faceups. I'm not completely happy with them but I'll try to get better.

This is my ange Gaby. She's sharing a body with my Hani head.I've thought a few times about buying a new body for them, but my experience with Custom House was horrible so I think they'll share for some time.
      [​IMG]

6. Hi!!! Presenting Rae, after waiting for her for 1 year, 7 months, she's finally..complete! Albeit..her eye colour is wrong for now. She's Rai's twin sister! So sorry about the mess in the back. I have to hide her. So..yeah..this is my very messy room.
      [​IMG]

7. It's been a little while since I posted any spam of my girls... so for the new thread, some spam of Ava (Hani) & Emily (Uri)! :)

[​IMG]

8. I got this one :P

Here's Darwin (Uri) in green normal lens 12mm Hand Glass Craft eyes.

[​IMG]
      Darwin by Gantaeno is excited for the Lati Gaga contest :D, on Flickr

12mm is enough for me :)

9. Ah, I agree! :D
      I don't know why I listen to all the companies who say that 14mms are suggested size for their tinies *snerk* I've already found that I like 12mms for the tinies I already have. :P

Thanks Chloe!

10. Most of my tinies have 14mm (including my Hani & Uri). I tried a pair of 12mm in my Uri because the 14mms are a bit big for her, but the 12mms looked terrible. :/ She had the "deer in the headlights" look, which drives me completely crazy. I ended up putting the 14mms back in Uri and using the 12mms for my Soom R. Beyla and they work perfectly. ;) I think it depends on the brand of eyes, the color, the doll itself, personal preference, and maybe even other things. XD
      I kinda wish I had a ton of eyes in different colors & sizes to try out when I get a new doll. Maybe someday, after I've accumulated some pairs through trial & error buying! ;)

Darwin looks adorable and those green eyes suit her perfectly! ;)

11. Hani should take 14mm just fine (although I think 12mm works sometimes too, depending on the brand of eye or the color or whatever), but Uri's eye holes are a bit smaller, so 12mm might be better. If you look at my spam higher up on the page, you can see a Hani & Uri both with 14mm eyes (like I said, I tried a pair of 12mms in my Uri and they didn't work, but it may have been that pair because it was a lighter color). And then Gantaeno's Uri (Darwin) has 12mm eyes and they look great!

It may definitely take a little experimentation! XD

12. :D Well, if Uri's eyeholes are smaller than Hani's, if I find that 14 is ok for Uri, then I do think 14 would be ok for Hani too. :D 'Cuz definitely your two look great in 14s, Kelaria, and of course, Darwin's 12s look amazing on her too, so I guess I can't jump the gun and just buy something right away. :XD:

Gosh, all the spam is making me antsy! :XD: I'll also say, right off the bat, it's easier to find cute and frilly little girls clothes than cute boys (that is not also frilly)

And two whole days after arrival, meet Kazuo! :D

[​IMG]

I am so smitten!! Right off the bat he made sure I know he's very precocious, but he behaved very well for his cleaning, sueding and faceup. ^_^ His wig may need a trim, and he's awaiting his proper eyes and some better clothes, but this suits for now. His faceup turned out a little orange-ier than I intended, but I can't help but love it anyway. :)

13. AirimirOfGondor: Kazuo is cuteeeee! The sculpt does work for a boy!

A question for all Ange Ai owners here, does sueding really help in the posing? I haven't tried with Gemma yet, but she's rather loose and kicky in some areas.

14. I actually just sueded Kazuo's shoulders, neck, and torso joint. And he seems to be doing just fine. The torso joint was really just to help with what I think was a wonky cast. There's a little bit of a gap between his upper and lower torso pieces, and I just put enough glue in his front and back (but not the sides) to make it a tight fit.
      But as far as the rest of his joints, I decided not to suede anything else, as the glue would probably make his smaller joints all gappy. I also decided not to do his hips, since he's got that nice little locky section in his lil butt, which I didn't want to compromise.

I haven't tried too many poses with him yet, as he doesn't have shoes and tends to slide all over surfaces in his bare feet, but he's holding his sitting/legs crossed/kneeling poses well.

It could just be your elastic - how old is it? My Soom tinies have regular tiny-sized elastic, and I have to struggle with their posing a little more (they are sueded in every single joint). On another point, I am pretty sure that Kazuo is actually be strung with MSD-sized elastic. It's definitely thicker than the Sooms, and he's posing great. You could always give that a go, going up a size.

15. Ah Kazuo..is adorable AirimirofGondor! And jteoaiwei..it really depends on the elastic. My Raffy who is the oldest is currently so loose she's more like a bundle of resin pieces..I have to get around to restringing her. I admit though, their arms are mostly..snappy almost all the time..so..but anyway, here is Rae again with me..giving me puppy dog eyes. Apparently, she wanted to share my sushi!
      [​IMG]

16. Aww, Mustangsally, She is just so pouty!! :D I love pouty kids!

And here's Kazuo again; he's got some proper clothes and shoes now. :) His eyes are not exactly right yet though... I can't seem to find the right color, now that I've decided on a size.
      And I've realized something... CH molds are somehow predisposed for freckles, huh? :XD:

[​IMG]