1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

D-Storic Bimong event: resin distortion

Apr 14, 2013

1. Some of us who ordered dolls in this event received dolls that distorted over time. To get an idea of which resin batch these dolls were made of, please post your order and ship date, and the resin type of your doll that has distortion problems. As a reference, it would also be nice to know ship and order date of dolls without resin problems. Thank you.

The resin problems are:
      -distortion of body parts and head
      -softness of resin, even clothes can cause indents on the body
      -irritability of skin after touching the resin
      -strong smell of the resin

The cause seems to be a wrong mix ratio of resin ingredients to achieve a colour batch. This happens at the casting company and in this case, it was one batch of coloured resin that produced 5 dolls. All owners of these dolls are on DoA and have posted in this thread. Three KR real dolls and 2 FR real dolls were affected, but dolls in the same resin colour and shipped at the same time were not affected, because they are from a different batch. Souldoll has had a similar problem happening (see Souldoll waiting list v.6). D-Storic do not contact the owners of their own accord. Two owners who managed to communicate with them have been offered replacements. This thread remains open for them to discuss the waiting time and the result of the replacements. Also, other problems with recent Bimong dolls are discussed. Originally it was to distinguish from the resin problems, but some analyses of the other problems have been put forward that were really helpful.

In short, the resin problem is restricted to 5 dolls only.

....Mod Notes.....

Bimong Doll Waiting Room (Narae, Narin, etc) v3:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...Bimong-Doll-Waiting-Room-(Narae-Narin-etc)-v3

2. I've posted this same information in the discussion thread but I wanted to add it here too. My KR real girl who arrived January 22 (ordered November 11th) and was kept in her box the entire time has begun to warp! :...(

[​IMG]
      http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/guls207/57a6ef77-f186-48ba-9cbf-89c9361da758_zps7c42502d.jpg
      http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/guls207/835a0dc4-1a49-49ed-a8c9-ef25f6d0c1fc_zps815565a2.jpg
      I wrote on D-storic's q&a board and I'm hoping they'll be able to help. :( I wouldn't have thought to check if I didn't hear about other people's doll warping. T_T When I noticed she wasn't standing up and when I took a closer look, there it was...WARPED right leg and wrists. :(

3. Chrissa and O2Tina, again so sorry about your girls! You're both on the list already. O2Tina, does the black staining also pertain to the resin problems? I read about the denting more often. Chrissa5girl, do you know when your order shipped? Or weren't you notified?

4. I see that my order has already been marked bold. I would like to add that I'm 95% sure that my doll's left wrist has warped. It looks like the other wrists posted here. I think her wrist looked normal and slimmer when my girl arrived in Feb. :( I hope she won't warp even more in the future. I can handle the wrist looking bulgy, but those legs... *cringes*

5. I'm glad your head is OK. I read that someone's head gave a smell and touching it gave a burning sensation. Other signs are softness of the resin, dents appear easily. I saw black stains as well, not sure if that was part of it.

Shipping/resin quality list so far:

2 and 12 Dec, 12 Feb, 14 March pink KR Ivory - OK
      5 Dec FR tan - OK
      12 Dec and 7 Jan FR real - OK
      25 Dec and 23 Feb KR real - OK
      16 and 29 Jan KR real - warped
      15 Jan and 20 March FR real - warped

6. I ordered my D-Storic Bimong Mindulrae on 9 December 2012. She shipped on 7 April, and arrived on 9 April 2013. I had ordered her blank (no faceup) in KR ivory resin (NOT French resin, my v1 Dandelion was French Resin, so I wanted regular resin this time).
      She arrived a pinker color than I was expecting, but I didn't mind, as this will age better than a yellow-toned color would have.

She arrived quite loosely strung; I have not tightened her strings yet. Before her arrival, I was aware of the 'distortion problem' with the French resin dolls, and i did some stress-tests on her knee cups and wrist cups, pinching them hard to see if there was any 'give' to the resin. I detected none.

I will tighten her strings today and wait a week, then check her again. I don't anticipate any problem, but I don't want to put work into her before I make sure her resin can withstand more normal stringing pressure. I tend to prefer my dolls loosely-strung, but right now, she is too rag-doll even for me!

I will update in a week to record how she's holding up.

I'm really sorry to hear there are more D-Storic French resin dolls with this problem. So much money, and a long wait, then this fatal flaw!! I hope D-Storic replaces your dolls for you!

Has anyone who's ordered regular "Korea Resin" dolls had any problems with the resin being soft?

Raven

7. Not soft, just slightly warped. In my case anyway.

8. It seems only KR real and FR real resin are giving problems, no definite notions of warping on KR ivory so far.

9. Thanks to all for contributing. The list so far:

2 and 12 Dec, 10 Jan, 12 Feb, 14 and 15** March pink KR Ivory - OK
      5 Dec FR tan - OK
      12 Dec, 5 and 8* Jan FR real - OK
      16 and 29 Jan KR real - warped
      15* Jan and 20** March FR real - warped

* arrival date
      ** with face up

Irishkarai, I'm sorry about this delay!! Maybe they recast the doll - it is possible that warping started while doing make-up or "refinement". Apparently they try to update us, then get lost in the production process again.
      :|

10. The list so far:

2 and 12 Dec, 10 Jan, 12 Feb, 14 and 15** March pink KR Ivory - OK
      5 Dec FR tan - OK
      12 Dec, 5 and 8* Jan FR real - OK
      16 and 29 Jan, 27 March KR real - resin problems
      15* Jan and 20** March FR real - resin problems

* arrival date
      ** with face up

Malvina, I'm sorry about your resin problems. I hope Missne will respond, as her KR Real doll shipped on the same day.

11. I'm pretty darn sure she's warping at this point... It's mostly in her ankles, because they're REALLY different at this point, and I think in her wrists a little. She can still stand, but I don't want her to CONTINUE warping!

12. Please post pictures if you can, Swivelchair. Do you still have the packaging or shipping forms to check the shipping date? When will you receive the other doll?

13. This is terrifying 0_0 something must have went seriously wrong when they mixed the resin and I wonder what!
      I'm scared my Narae head will get distorted when I put it on a body now, even though no NS dolls seem to have problem so far... ^^;;

14. :( I wonder if the resin did not cure all the way and they shipped them out since everyone was wondering about their orders? I hope they are not rushing with production.

15. I found an explanation of warping in the Bimong mini thread:
      So, it can happen to any type of resin, and D-Storic buy the resin already mixed from a supplier? I'm going to read that Souldoll thread.

eta: I read the thread and conversed with the receiver of the warped Souldoll body. Souldoll said that their supplier of "raw materials" hadn't properly mixed the resin. The error may be due to the large resin order that Souldoll, too, had placed at one of their events.

16. Wow had no idea that had happened in that thread. Now I am wondering if that is what is happening with the French and Korean Real resin colors only?

17. Rhetorical question of what to do in this situation. If I am not satisfied with the quality of their dolls, I need to send it back? ie I have to send it at his own expense and demand for quality or replacement or refund. Has anybody had precedents? And what I guarantee that I will get something in return. Brad, it's better to wait than it now does not know what to do with this der m. Sorry for the confusion ... boiling