1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Darak Doll 40cm Mini Discussion Part 1

Dec 18, 2012

1. @stellarphenomena thank you! They've changed a lot in the time I've had them, but they're finally getting to a stage where I'm really enjoying them rather than wishing they were more, if that makes sense :)

2. kamia, I think I know what you mean.

I feel that way about my Island doll Vivian who I've had for a few years. I changed her hair, eyes, clothes...over and over...And I never really adored her like I do now. It's like "her" ideal look finally came together and I don't (at least not now) want to change it.

3. @stellarphenomena Yeah that's just it, when you find it and you think, I just don't have the urge to change this, it just feels right on you...

The grey wig I totally bought on impulse, and I'm so happy with how it suits Kestrel (Semy), and tbh the same with the blonde wig on Nissa - it looks so good! All by accident. I love it when a doll evolves like this :)

[​IMG]ADAW 21/52 Together Darak-i Semy and Hera by Kamia Keller, on Flickr

4. I'm not sure if this is considered off-topic, but I just put a Tan C-Remy on layaway and I'm too excited!

I posted on Darak's Q&A board and asked if/when they'd be restocking her, and they told me that there was one left. :whee: I wasn't quite ready to pay for her immediately, so I put her on a one month layaway. She's on the B body with a middle breast. I kind of prefer the A body, but I'm not too picky.

Just wanted to squee a bit here. :sweat

5. @NekoNyanMew, Congratulations! I'm glad your question was rewarded!

6. Thank you!

7. I love all the Semys here! :)
      But does anyone own Mitchell/Michel? She's wearing quite dramatic makeup on the company photos so I would like to see some owner pictures.

8. Oh...this Darak discussion is too quiet :sorry
      I just got my tan skin Alvin from the Dolltopia event yesterday! He still has no clothes lol I will share a photo with you all when I dress him up :dance

9. taykung: Yes it is quiet! I love Darak. Will be nice to see Alvin.

[​IMG]

10. Wow! What a lovely face :)

Oh and I have a question. I can feel that my Darak's skin is pretty rough. Is that MSC? I don't really know because my another doll isn't coated.

11. LUTS's wigs for my boy arrived today but they don't fit on him :? His head should fit in 7-8 inch wig right? These wigs are too tight and they don't stay on his head. I don't know it's normal for LUTS wigs or what :doh

12. taykung: The 7-8 should fit him. Maybe they sent the wrong one or it was tagged wrong...if it's too tight it must be an actual size 6-7, somehow.

13. Hello again everyone! I think I should share a photo of my Alvin. I named him Terence :)

[​IMG]

14. Awww, He's adooorable! ^_^

15. @Blablette Thank you! Sorry for a very late reply :sweat

I just changed my boy's character (and also his name), here is his picture

[​IMG]

Have a nice week!

16. I have tried to contact Darak-i on their webpage Q&A, in Facebook and through e-mail. I got a half reply on the Q&A after 6 days, but after that it has been quiet even thou I asked some more questions.

Is it someone here who has bought a doll (or item) from their webpage recently? I visited their Korean site too and I want to buy a wig that only exist on the Korean site, but I'm not sure if I can buy both doll and wig from the Korean site and still get all information in English. It seems like I also need to sign up with a new account on the Korean site if I want to purchase from that site.

17. I also have a question about ordering from Darak-i, if anyone is familiar with it! Hera is marked as sold out; is she discontinued, or does Darak-i tend to have ordering periods for certain sculpts?

18. Error

#239 DaisyJane, Apr 24, 2023
      Last edited: May 18, 2023
    19. @DaisyJane - When did you order? I thought the preorder recently opened?